Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475748 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22095 on: February 10, 2011, 12:28:04 am »

Bleh drawing teacher requires us to work in 14 x 17 or larger. Despise.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22096 on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:42 am »

Bleh drawing teacher requires us to work in 14 x 17 or larger. Despise.

Centimeters? Inches? Feet?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22097 on: February 10, 2011, 12:32:14 am »

Inches, but when I actually put pencil to paper, it feels like meters.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22098 on: February 10, 2011, 12:43:44 am »

*sigh*

Note to self: never rant in public again about an unpopular opinion.  Never.

I feel horrible =/  Now they won't listen to my actual ideas anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22099 on: February 10, 2011, 12:46:51 am »

Such is the price of intellectual integrity. The best ideas are always met with derision before acceptance.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22100 on: February 10, 2011, 12:52:08 am »

May I ask what you were ranting about?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22101 on: February 10, 2011, 12:53:13 am »

I feel horrible =/  Now they won't listen to my actual ideas anymore.
It always feels worse than it actually is, depending on the people. If you are outcasted from conversations with them then they are not willing to accept another side of an issue and probably are terrible in conversations anyway. If they don't do that it will just blow over soon enough. I would say we all say stupid things, but voicing ones own beliefs is a bit of a gray area I won't tack on the word stupid to.

Just chillax and don't worry.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22102 on: February 10, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

Such is the price of intellectual integrity. The best ideas are always met with derision before acceptance.

I know I asked for it.  But somehow, I hoped that they'd be ignited rather than ... annoyed.  Or something.  I don't know.  This is stupid.

May I ask what you were ranting about?

Go back about 10 pages, I think.  You should be either near the beginning or the middle of it.

It always feels worse than it actually is, depending on the people. If you are outcasted from conversations with them then they are not willing to accept another side of an issue and probably are terrible in conversations anyway. If they don't do that it will just blow over soon enough. I would say we all say stupid things, but voicing ones own beliefs is a bit of a gray area I won't tack on the word stupid to.

Just chillax and don't worry.

Yeah, well... now they're accusing me of not reading their arguments and saying the way I ask questions annoys them, "we're both students," yadda yadda.  I'm kind of afraid to talk in class.

Ugh, I--I don't want to get so worked up over this.  But it really bothers me.  I mean, I do have a professor who's doing nice things like throwing books at me when I finish the classwork early, to give me something to do, and saying: "so, have you finished faster than these three, who are smarter than hell?"

But I want to do well in this class, too, and I want to be something other than a problem for everyone.  I just don't know how to make myself something other than a problem in humanities courses, nowadays...

Ugh.

EDIT: Fuck it.  They asked for it, they got it, let's move on.  I'll just keep on working hard and doing what I can.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:14:07 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22103 on: February 10, 2011, 01:34:50 am »

Don't get discouraged.  It sucks the way people recoil when challenged or presented with unfamiliar ideas.  I'm very very familiar with this myself.  You'll get better over time at approaching things tactfully or dropping a line in here and there without going into full rant mode or recognizing when a person is actually prepared to listen openly.  With the proper balance of tact, patience, and tenacity, you'll find yourself making a difference in people over time.  Not saying you're lacking in any of those now, but challenging people's intellectual comfort zones is an extremely specialized skill.  It doesn't sound like something you've been practicing for very long, judging by your frustration.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22104 on: February 10, 2011, 01:35:31 am »

Well, without seeing a sample of the argument to see if I can detect any issues with either party I can't really help beyond this aside from wishing you luck. Although it seems I'm not the only person who is at the point of social anxiety where they know they are scared but want to reach out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22105 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:01 am »

Don't get discouraged.  It sucks the way people recoil when challenged or presented with unfamiliar ideas.  I'm very very familiar with this myself.  You'll get better over time at approaching things tactfully or dropping a line in here and there without going into full rant mode or recognizing when a person is actually prepared to listen openly.  With the proper balance of tact, patience, and tenacity, you'll find yourself making a difference in people over time.  Not saying you're lacking in any of those now, but challenging people's intellectual comfort zones is an extremely specialized skill.  It doesn't sound like something you've been practicing for very long, judging by your frustration.

Yeah, I'm not used to talking to people much at all, really, much less trying to get them to do something.  I usually just kind of float along and don't try to change anyone at all... this time I really cared about it, so I made a big ruckus, but it didn't pan out so well >_>

Maybe next time.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22106 on: February 10, 2011, 02:14:01 am »

I'm hating on the Windows 7 boot disk.
I guess I can understand why it's so easy to use, but it's quite awkward when you're used to the crazy-ass Linux boot disks.
They do so much more and actually fit on a CD.

Damn you data backup!

* ein shakes his fist.

Bleh.
Ye gods, why does the Apple website make me want to vomit.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22107 on: February 10, 2011, 02:59:40 am »

Only properly woke up at 5pm last night (8am now), and have been up all night. This needs to be fixed, so today has to be a endurance run.

I will not sleep for at least another 13 hours. This I do swear, on blade and bone.

Fuckery.

So, if I'm a bit crazy later on today? Apologies.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22108 on: February 10, 2011, 03:14:55 am »

Apple bad.

iPod nano 8 gigs: 150 dollars.
iPod shuffle 2 gigs: 50 dollars.
SanDisk microSDHC 8 gigs: 38 dollars.
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 gigs: 70 dollars.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #22109 on: February 10, 2011, 05:22:16 am »

I know there's got to be an 8-bit picture of the scream mask somewhere.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 8167