Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474223 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22080 on: February 09, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »

fine be that way

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #22081 on: February 09, 2011, 08:36:54 pm »

I realized i sounded like a jerk.
What's wrong Cthulu?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 08:39:08 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22082 on: February 09, 2011, 08:43:45 pm »

I'm really sad, I'm not going to tell you why though unless everyone gives me lots of attention.

Aww…
That's so depressing.
I'm going to shower you with affection so that I don't get sad as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22083 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »

<3 Cthulhu :3 ^_^

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22084 on: February 09, 2011, 08:46:43 pm »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22085 on: February 09, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »

Cthulhu! I love you a lot, and it hurts me inside to know that something is weighing down on you! You need to get it off your chest and tell us all, because right now I'm just gonna cry if this keeps up and I can't stand it when you're hurt and I love you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22086 on: February 09, 2011, 09:10:31 pm »

I'm sad because Atom Zombie Smasher is really really hard.  It's fun early on but later the zombies just keep piling up and it's impossible to push them back so any lead you get early on just kind of evaporates.  I know that's how it's supposed to work considering it's zombies but I have to wonder about the correlation:  Things started falling apart around the same time I had so many mercenary companies that they were no longer consistently organizing themselves in combinations that work.  Try clearing a level 4 infestation with three land mines, a sniper team, and four ground assault guys..  >:C
Shoes...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22087 on: February 09, 2011, 09:12:17 pm »

That was disappointing. I thought we were going to get a deep relevation into the inner workings of your mind, due to the vulnerability that you showed which could have correlated to some deep traumatic experience in real life.

But I think that was your intention.

So great. Good job.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22088 on: February 09, 2011, 09:15:54 pm »

I want a refund from this drama play.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22089 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:41 pm »

You should've sued them.

Yeah.  Should have.

On the one hand, they could have easily defeated us in court.  It would have come down to who can afford better legal representation, who wrote the fine print, who kept the best documentation, etc.  Plus, they've been at this for a very long time.  There was nothing so special about our case that would have given us the power to threaten them.

On the other hand, they're probably the type of company that would have rather made a small settlement out of court just to avoid the attention.

Either way, it would have been a good learning experience.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22090 on: February 09, 2011, 09:24:59 pm »

Some asshole made a sudden burst of noise at the corridor, and woke me up. There goes my chance to sleep soundly tonight :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #22091 on: February 09, 2011, 09:31:14 pm »

Fuck nevermind...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22092 on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:37 pm »

I just vomitted. Spewing acidic pancakes from breakfast. This makes me sad.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22093 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:27 pm »

I sort of realized that while my socialization skills have improved a lot, and I'm actually making friends and stuff, it appears to be too late. I'm sort of realizing that these other people have bonds that have existed and been stress-tested for ten or more years, and have thousands of experiences to recall when reminiscing. I've got a year to a year and half long bonds that have yet to face strain, and all I've got is one or two "that one time"'s. It makes me pretty sad because, looking forward, I can't honestly say these are people that would factor in to where I go to college at, or people that I would room with, or any of that stuff that you do with the people you love in a platonic way. I've seen my share of high school romances but I feel a little worried about how little they mean to me at the moment. When I'm 50, this should be insignificant, but I'm not, and right now this is supposed to be my life. I feel jaded and I know I'm not.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22094 on: February 09, 2011, 11:48:08 pm »

I'm with you sonerohi.  I had a pretty damn isolated childhood, and circumstances have caused me to break off the majority of my social relations on multiple occassions.  At 27, I'm barely in touch with a couple people from my early/mid-teens, and have a couple good friends I've had for roughly 10 years.  Otherwise, most of the friends I'm in regular contact with, I've known for 2 years or less, and haven't spent tons of time with due the crazy hours I work leaving me only one day out of the week to really see people.  I've also lived 6+ hours away from all extended family my entire life, so I'm only really close to my immediate family... and my spoiled rotten conniving little sister has thrown some major wedges even in that.  I don't even talk to her anymore.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 8167