Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438061 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14850 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:36 am »

Good on me to allow him to affect me like this, huh?  I feel so good right now I could curl up and kind of stop interacting with society at large.  I don't know why I expect people not to be fucktards anymore.  It's like some part of me believes in the inherent good of mankind, or something.  HA.

Ditto.
This even can work suprisingly well for some time.
However the need for companionship, will catch up with you someday and you'll realize that cutting all the ties with society wasn't the smartest idea.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:49 am »

no one I've ever known has thought of themselves as Evil

Yo. Card Carrying Villain right here. Goatee, evil laugh of the bass variety, and I'd wear a mask and cloak everywhere if I thought I could get away with it.

I know that I'm evil, very much so, I just don't act on it very often because I don't like being a total jerk to someone I have no reason to be a jerk to.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: October 20, 2010, 08:17:49 am »

What about wheels-on-ducks retarded? That's what I've always said.
..I don't get the context? Of the expression, I mean. Why "wheels-on-duck"?

Quote from: You guys
Of Good People and Jerks
The way I see it, most jerks are only people who have learnt that it's better to hurt first than to be hurt themselves. After all, that is one of the first and easiest-to-learn lessons taught by society.
Love, scriver~

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: October 20, 2010, 08:29:56 am »

What about wheels-on-ducks retarded? That's what I've always said.
..I don't get the context? Of the expression, I mean. Why "wheels-on-duck"?
Because it's completely retarded.
Quote from: You guys
Of Good People and Jerks
The way I see it, most jerks are only people who have learnt that it's better to hurt first than to be hurt themselves. After all, that is one of the first and easiest-to-learn lessons taught by society.
Just like this. Even if it is sadly true.

Anyway, life's been all over the shop for me for the last two weeks, but things do seem to be settling down now. One set of bridges have been burned, swept down the river and off of a waterfall, then dredged up and burned again later.

Really bad thing was how certain friends seemed to think the whole bloody business was my fault until they heard what really happened.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: October 20, 2010, 08:36:31 am »

Is this Rosewood story Vector wrote posted here? It seems to be important, so some required reading I suppose, and it seems like a really good read.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: October 20, 2010, 08:43:59 am »

This...
I know that I'm evil, very much so
And this...
I don't like being a total jerk to someone I have no reason to be a jerk to.
Are a bit of a contradiction.

Is this Rosewood story Vector wrote posted here? It seems to be important, so some required reading I suppose, and it seems like a really good read.
Don't think so.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: October 20, 2010, 09:09:43 am »

Plenty of evil to spare. Way more apathy. I'd gladly go vigilante and murder some thieves and gang members and bad drivers..but it's just so damn much work. I mean, given proper motivation, sure, but unless they break into my house or shoot at me, why bother?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: October 20, 2010, 09:17:34 am »

Plenty of evil to spare. Way more apathy. I'd gladly go vigilante and murder some thieves and gang members and bad drivers..but it's just so damn much work. I mean, given proper motivation, sure, but unless they break into my house or shoot at me, why bother?

Plus you're already busy posting on a message board.  As a fellow goateed internet badass, I sympathize.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:07 am »

This is true. I mean, c'mon, man. Who has time to murder folks when you've already got school, hobbies, 3 jobs, and a wife and kid to take care of?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: October 20, 2010, 09:52:51 am »

Hmm... I've been meeting plenty of "good people" recently.  Or at least people who aren't jerks, and who are fun to be with.

I dunno if they're really equivalent, but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

In any case, I've found less need for the sad thread recently.  Possibly because I've been trying for perspective, and realising that most of the things I complain about aren't very important at all, and I'll probably have forgotten them by tomorrow.  I guess I'm just kindof lucky like that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: October 20, 2010, 10:34:43 am »

>_>

<_<

Suddenly my life seems to be a narrative, with a Text, canon material, and apocryphal installments.

No, the stupid and sordid tale of the last two years of my life has not been splatted on the internet, nor will it be--you guys have some of it, but the largest part of it is not going to hit the internet for sheer stupid.

Guess I can give bare-bones summary, though:

1. Was dating asshole (passive and didn't do anything about it)
2. School/social pressures drove me nuts
3. Became math department's depressed, angry, anxious, hallucinating pet goldfish
4. Was dumped by asshole
5. Dropped out of school
---> Time passed!
6. Stopped being nuts
7. Studied mathematics like a goldfish coming back to life after being dead for six months
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: October 20, 2010, 10:37:25 am »

Sin(x)^Cos(x)

According to every computer program I consult, I just broke math. What the hell?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: October 20, 2010, 10:39:34 am »

Sin(x)^Cos(x)

According to every computer program I consult, I just broke math. What the hell?

There... shouldn't be any problems with that.  Hm.

Ah, since Cos(x) and Sin(x) are in fact computed by summing infinite series, you might be having problems with overloading the processors.  Maybe, maybe not, but it's the only thing I can think of right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: October 20, 2010, 10:40:01 am »

Sin(x)^Cos(x)

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sin%28x%29^cos%28x%29

nice graph
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:44:35 am by Japa »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: October 20, 2010, 10:42:34 am »

Sin(x)^Cos(x)

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sin%28x%29^cos%28x%29

nice graph

I wish I had Wolfram Alpha instead of a TI-83 back in high school.  Behold its power!
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 8167