Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449479 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6810 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:59 pm »

"And then i cried."
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: June 09, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »

"And then A pedastal rose from the dust, and upon the pedastal these words appear:

My name is Ozzy Man-Deon, King of Kings. Look upon my Pillar, ye manly, and despair.

And then [Hero] was a wild axe-murderer."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: June 09, 2010, 10:00:24 pm »

Sadly, I can't wear Sandals or Shorts at either of my jobs, though... hairy legs aside, I've got to dress business casual for one, and deal with sharps and biohazards in the other.

Seems like any place that handles biohazardous materials would be kept relatively cold...
What sort of biohazards? Just random peoples blood or bioweapons?

Mostly used needles, parasites, and sick/injured birds. Also, birds that poop a lot. Wildlife Rehabilitation is like being a Veterinarian... just without any of the years of time to learn, and specialized medical training. I basically cram Avian Physiology texts, parasitology, and learn medical procedures by observation. Yay subcutaneous injections, bone-setting, and force-feeding!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: June 09, 2010, 10:13:51 pm »

That job sounds awesome.

I'm going for a job interview tomorrow. Oh god.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6814 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:30 pm »

Holy crap. Yet again I get terrorized by a wolf spider the size of my freaking hand. First notice, it speeds by as I play some Rogue Survivor. Immediately, I whip out my LED flashlight/laser and try to track/lure/blind the damn thing. Primarily trying to get myself armed and ready to crush it. I've missed many times and caused a bit of a ruckus. However, I have kept the laser on it's head plenty of times at a time for some time.

It has covered ground around the computer-side corner, near the sliding doors where I would give it a chance to spare it's life and my patience. Nope, the spider didn't want to leave. It returned to the corner and hid behind the desk, and some little shelves setup as decoration some time ago; of course, I tried to use scenery to my advantage. Apparently, no luck, because I saw that shadow rush into my closet. I watched all corners of it and shined my lights at it and everything. I even had all the lights in my room on. Where did it go?

As it turns out, this thing is smart. I have an 8-legged ninja screwing around with me. How did I know? I spotted it in the hallway heading into one of my siblings' rooms. I yelled a head's up and started batting around their door, and the thing started charging for my door for a good vantage to dive onto me...

...Continued in HAPPY
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:44:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: June 09, 2010, 11:49:06 pm »

i found a dead body under my porch and i was pretty miffed but then it winked at me so i guess everything turned out okay

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6816 on: June 10, 2010, 12:31:18 am »

Bleh. Not feeling too good. Stomach aches. I think I'll be turning in for the night.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: June 10, 2010, 01:38:10 am »

Americans are driving themselves towards fucking extinction. Although, this made me laugh:

Recently a survey was sent out to Americans. The results: 44% are healthy; 54% are obese; 2% ate the survey.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:40 am »

i found a dead body under my porch and i was pretty miffed but then it winked at me so i guess everything turned out okay

What the f...

You haven't been sticking your fingers into any odd chemical containers, have you?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:57 am »

What the f...

You haven't been sticking your fingers into any odd chemical containers, have you?

What? This has never happened to you before?

Although the body under my porch was supposed to be dead (I should know) so it didn't really turn out okay for me. Like, 25-to-life-violent-breakout-on-the-lamb-now not okay

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: June 10, 2010, 07:22:36 am »

What the f...

What? This has never happened to you before?

Although the body under my porch was supposed to be dead (I should know) so it didn't really turn out okay for me. Like, 25-to-life-violent-breakout-on-the-lamb-now not okay

The first place everyone looks is under the porch. I dissolve them in bile.

I mean, I would. If, you know... I had a dead body to dispose of. A situation I have never been in.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:53 am »

I'd dump the body in a manure heap (or is it dunghill?). Burns away in no time.
Love, scriver~

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: June 10, 2010, 08:41:15 am »

Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: June 10, 2010, 09:16:32 am »

Or feed it to pigs, but it has to be chopped up first.

Anyway the heat is still bringing me down, as is my inabilty to defend Carentan in CoH
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: June 10, 2010, 12:28:28 pm »

I didnt get into accelerated science because my grades were slaughtered for I moved a quarter a way in the school year, missing 2 important tests and making me take a test on something ive never studied for. The movers lost the box with all my school papers (including grade papers) and they couldnt just take my word for it. Even though the grades I have on my essays are in the top 5 in my class.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 8167