Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447829 times)

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6840 on: June 11, 2010, 12:12:25 pm »

Nearly --- myself when I thought our entire payroll system had disappeared from the server (turned out I was looking in the wrong folder. WHOOPSY -_-' )
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: June 11, 2010, 12:28:54 pm »

Whenever I try to install VMWare Workstation it just says to uninstall VMWare Player first.

Cept I don't have VMWare Player, and since it can't find the crap to uninstall it in the first place, I can't install Workstation.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:21 pm »

Hi!

Whenever I try to install VMWare Workstation it just says to uninstall VMWare Player first.

Cept I don't have VMWare Player, and since it can't find the crap to uninstall it in the first place, I can't install Workstation.

Can't you get a registry cleaning tool (on my Windows XP machine, I use CCleaner in such cases)?

Deathworks

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:25 pm »

I just saw the new trailer for the new "X-Com" game. It makes me very, very sad. They aren't even trying!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: June 11, 2010, 01:01:01 pm »

Hi!

I just saw the new trailer for the new "X-Com" game. It makes me very, very sad. They aren't even trying!

Wasn't X-Com a simulation/strategy game with base building and turn-based combat?
Or was it a zombie alien FPS all along?

Deathworks

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: June 11, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »

I never played XCOM, and I feel insulted by that. And all they would need to do is change the name to make it alright.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: June 11, 2010, 01:09:33 pm »

That's just depressing.

As to my problem, already tried that, didn't work.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: June 11, 2010, 01:18:39 pm »

Hi!

Wasn't X-Com a simulation/strategy game with base building and turn-based combat?
Or was it a zombie alien FPS all along?

Deathworks

Yes, it was a base building and turn-based squad combat game. We knew the 'new x-com game' was going to be an FPS, but they didn't even try to use any of the aliens from X-Com! Or the ships...or, well, anything at all. It's literally a random FPS with aliens that they're trying to slap the X-Com name.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: June 11, 2010, 01:32:22 pm »

I never played XCOM, and I feel insulted by that. And all they would need to do is change the name to make it alright.

Such is the light of X-COM, that even a blind man can recognize a false prophet.  It's a pretty cool trailer.  Looks like a slick, intense game.  I'd very much like to play it.

But...  That is not X-COM.  I don't know how you could arrive at that game from that title.  Cool game maybe, but not X-COM.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: June 11, 2010, 01:45:52 pm »

Yeah, I'm playing Apoc right now, and it barely feels like an X-COM game.  It doesn't really have that "Oh shit it's Chrysalid's.  Oh shit this is a night mission, oh shit I'm doomed it's only the second turn and that was my favorite dude! NOOOOOOOOOOO" feeling that Enemy Unknown did.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: June 11, 2010, 02:00:35 pm »

Yeah, I'm playing Apoc right now, and it barely feels like an X-COM game.  It doesn't really have that "Oh shit it's Chrysalid's.  Oh shit this is a night mission, oh shit I'm doomed it's only the second turn and that was my favorite dude! NOOOOOOOOOOO" feeling that Enemy Unknown did.

Been there.

So maaany times lately.

Also, I love the trailer. They say 'STUDY THEM' at one point and you indeed study them - shooting them dead like during whole trailer *sigh*

Game will be in 95% looking like this. Last 5% will be adding/deleting people from roster at your base which you won't upgrade, cuz, hell! It's about shooting aliens, ya know!? Not messing with something non-important likes bases...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: June 11, 2010, 03:08:54 pm »

I saw that yesterday, it would be a pretty neat game if XCOM wasn't slapped on as a cash-in.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:05 pm »

I ran out of Pepsi.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  :'(

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: June 11, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »

Worst part is when it comes out we're going to have people who don't know what the original X-COM games were.

Just like Fallout 3 and FF7+ fans..

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:10 pm »

Don't be an ol' timer jerk, having new fans is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 8167