Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449310 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6780 on: June 08, 2010, 07:07:02 pm »

I want to play it, but I lack a computer joystick and am more confused about the controls than I am about Nethack's. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: June 08, 2010, 07:28:12 pm »

I set mouse to torso turning, w and s are accelerate and decelerate, a and d are turn left and right, q is lock reticule and e is lock nearest, mouse wheel scrolls weapon groups, LMB is fire.
Those are really the only controls you need to play.
To master, you'll want to learn a few other things, like move legs to torso and light amplification.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: June 08, 2010, 08:15:47 pm »

After reading through the forums, people seem to think any fps in the teen ranges for DF is slow. Mine has yet to EVER go above 16 fps.

I feel like if I ever switch to a better computer sometime in the future, I won't be able to keep up with my dorfs...
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: June 08, 2010, 08:35:09 pm »

Change the GFPS to something lower.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: June 08, 2010, 08:38:14 pm »

Clannad. My emotions are not your toy, damnit!  :'(
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: June 08, 2010, 08:44:09 pm »

After reading through the forums, people seem to think any fps in the teen ranges for DF is slow. Mine has yet to EVER go above 16 fps.

I feel like if I ever switch to a better computer sometime in the future, I won't be able to keep up with my dorfs...
I limit mine to [FPS_CAP]: 500. I hear people with 1K FPS but i think i wouldn't be able to keep up with that...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:19 pm »

My cap's at 100, but when I play it's usually down at 80 within the first month, 50 in the first year, and by year two or three it sticks in the teens unless I'm doing something crazy. I've played three months of a fort at 2-5 FPS, though, and two weeks of that (separate weeks though) were at less than 1 FPS. A 15 minute video (real-time) translated to a 4 second in-game movie. It was rough.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: June 08, 2010, 09:16:14 pm »

I manage about 100-120 FPS with 50 or so dwarves on a 16x16.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: June 08, 2010, 09:17:27 pm »

That is... um.

:(

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »

I've never actually measured my fps in large circumstances, it usually stays at 100 forever.

Even during the laggy days of non-40d merged DF2010.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: June 08, 2010, 09:54:47 pm »

There is a term for this, I believe it is called "nerdgasm".

I get about... maybe... 0.5 FPS on a developed fort? This is on the machine that smacks big-arse rainbow tables around like toys.

What sort of beastly machine produces these numbers?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: June 08, 2010, 09:56:43 pm »

Believe it or not, HP Pavilon a6130n. I guess I just got lucky as hell with .init optimizations or something.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: June 08, 2010, 10:04:40 pm »

A GFPS of 5.

Really does work.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: June 08, 2010, 10:47:26 pm »

I can't gamble.  Well, I can.  I can usually do pretty well playing hold'em and the like against amateurs, but solo gambling like blackjack and slots, it gets into me.  Remember the slots in Pokemon?  I played those things for hours, man.  When I got triple-sevens it was better than my birthday.

I played in a blackjack party on Lusternia, started with 6136 gold.  Got up to 20,000 something.  A chef noticed my good luck and called upon the gods of cooking to curse me.  I doubled down and got a 21 the next hand.  Like the captain of the Flying Dutchman,  I mocked the gods of cooking, and their retribution was swift.

When the party was over, guess how much gold I had?

The problem, though, is that it's in my blood now.  If I don't control myself I'll rush off and spend all my gold on blackjack.  It's ridiculous.

And that makes me sad.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:02:13 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: June 08, 2010, 10:54:41 pm »

On the computer I play DF on, I cap it at 150 for under 100 dwarves on a 4x4 or 5x5. It slows down after about 2,000-4,000 constructed stones. On my home computer, I can barely run HOMM2 on this Linux set-up.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 8167