Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477065 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6060 on: May 24, 2010, 07:49:31 pm »

Barroth. Every attack I have bounces off unless I repair my weapon every few hits, it juggles me for over half my health, and it can encase me in a rack, which is pointless but very annoying.

RAAAAAGE!!!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: May 24, 2010, 07:57:51 pm »

Misfits, at least until they made it funny again..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »

I think my boss is going to jail for money laundering. This might turn out advantageous to me in the long run, but it kind of sucks for him, and he is not altogether a bad guy. The full story (as it stands), because it's the most interesting thing to happen to me for a while:

At first, Revenue Canada was calling the business, calls that he was dodging.

Then, guys in suits started showing up and looking for him. He was dodging them too.

Then, he took down the interact machine. It turns out his personal and business accounts were frozen.

He also took down the business signs. I still don't really see why, but it seemed important.

He left town for a couple days a few times, not out of the ordinary, but before he left he'd tell me that it would probably not be advisable to divulge his whereabouts. Which was strange.

Eventually he told me a bunch of stuff I already knew, while he was hooking up the interact again. Apparently he switched them to operate on a "backup" bank account.

A few days pass, and today we're talking about the cops or something. He goes "Speaking of the federali's, I've been having some trouble with them myself lately." And I was all "Yeah they've been leaving messages." He said something along the lines of "Yeah, well, anyway. They think I'm money laundering. Ha, ha. Me, money laundering. Crazy right? Anyway, I think it would probably be best to not be too liberal with information to anybody right now. It's none of their fucking business." He also told me that they'd removed all the money from his frozen accounts, as well as accounts he has in other names.

And then he left.

Shit just got real.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:52:44 pm by kinseti »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »

Judging from past cases of tax fraud and money laundering in Canada, he's probably completely innocent and is just anal retentive about his right to privacy. I've seen people on the news die because they don't want to tell the government how many dependents they have, and thusly are unable to complete medical forms.

I hear ATM machines are great places to launder money.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: May 24, 2010, 10:25:58 pm »

I heard laundromats are good for money laundering.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:49 pm »

I heard laundromats are good for money laundering.
What the hell man?

We have a pun thread for a reason.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: May 24, 2010, 10:35:23 pm »

Someone on the internet is trying to oppress puns, this makes me sad...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: May 24, 2010, 10:37:32 pm »

THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD CITIZEN.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:38 pm »

Judging from past cases of tax fraud and money laundering in Canada, he's probably completely innocent and is just anal retentive about his right to privacy. I've seen people on the news die because they don't want to tell the government how many dependents they have, and thusly are unable to complete medical forms.

I don't know man. How many completely innocent people do you know that have multiple bank accounts under false names? That after having all their legal funds removed, can still manage to pay employees in cash?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: May 24, 2010, 10:50:11 pm »

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19:53 pm »

Would you still kill him if he were deaf?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: May 24, 2010, 11:49:16 pm »

Raging.
I was trying to read something, then I had to go rub my mom's back. While I'm doing that, my sister takes her laptop. After about an hour and a half, she finally gives me the computer back and tells me to finish what I'm doing. I have no time to finish fucking reading. >:(

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:16 am »

I have a big project for English.
We have to take a scene in the Twelfth Night, translate it into a more modern setting, and add production notes as if it were to be made into a movie.
I'm doing Act II Scene 1 in Russia.
Feste is part of the Russian Mafia.
I need names though.
Any suggestions?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41:12 am »

I see, I see.  It seems that 27 is some sort of temporal sweetspot.

I am currently cursing everyone who ever said 16-23/4/whatever are the best years.  "Sweet sixteen" my ass.  It's not even like I was better-looking back then, or less bitter!  You can't possibly say I was young and innocent, as though these were good things... not unless you enjoy the pathological ingenue.  And yeah, I seriously think those who say undergrad is the BEST are crazy, because it isn't (not at my school, anyway.  Forget about "freedom" and "partying" when you have 30-hour problem sets--and yeah, most of the nerds aren't off being hilariously creative and screwing around.  They're working their asses off.).

HMPH.  IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT TO GET OLD.

On the other hand, I am suddenly no longer scared of the passage of time.  So I think this is a net win :D

At the ripe old age of 24, I can tell you I'd already rather be younger. I'm getting a bald-spot that makes me want to go skinhead, and grow out an excessive braided goatee. I'm probably going to do that anyway, but... point being getting older really does suck after a point. Enjoy today, and make of yourself what you want to be in the Now... if you perpetually look toward tomorrow for answers and personal betterment, those things will never come.

I've always been told I have an "old soul", which to me means folks see me as a crotchety stick-in-the mud. Even so, as my physical age approaches my "mental age", I find myself wishing more and more that I could have the last 5 years back, to live over again. That doesn't help things, and I really need to just focus on the future... and just roll with the bald spots, and the year-by-year realization of my mortality. As I'm sure anyone can attest, things aren't always easy... but soon enough the tribulations and challenges of the present will be the fond memories of the past.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:46:57 am by Solifuge »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: May 25, 2010, 01:27:41 am »

Inaluct is gone.
Makes me sad.
It was always an interesting game of mafia with him.

Reasonableman is also gone.
This also makes me sad.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 8167