Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477158 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6030 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:41 am »

I gave like 3 reports to that guy, his threads should be deleted when Toady gets on.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:58 am »

Hi!

I just found another thing that made me sad today:

Not having Toady One's phone number to give him an emergency call about that annoying spambot.
Let's just hope that thing sticks to creating new threads and does not start replying in existing threads.

Deathworks (who hates spam, spambots, and sport shoes)

Toady One needs to sleep. We can deal with some useless threads.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: May 23, 2010, 10:35:19 am »

The spambot makes me sad, because it really just needs a loving father figure and a shot of jack daniels.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: May 23, 2010, 12:23:31 pm »

The spambot makes me sad, because it really just needs a loving father figure and a shot of jack daniels.

ADD MORE. I want to see it so drunk it passes out.

...Then we can drag it to a back alley and go to work with baseball bats.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: May 23, 2010, 02:07:15 pm »

Quote from: Deathworks link=topic=43236.msg1275779#msg1275779   date=1274593922
Hi!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Deathworks
This is corect.

I wasn't really there for that. With the consideration of the puppet PMing and the failed attempt to stretch, I support the mute, too. I don't support the ban on Armoktars, though. It was actually getting really creative. We had Borgmok and Spinmok and everything.
If it actually IS good and creative, you still can, you just have to ask me in a PM FIRST.

Quote from: Rilder link=topic=43236.msg1275468#msg1275468   date=1274584645
[quote   author=Grakelin link=topic=43236.msg1275398#msg1275398 date=1274583051]
I   wasn't really there for that. With the consideration of the puppet   PMing and the failed attempt to stretch, I support the mute, too. I   don't support the ban on Armoktars, though. It was actually getting   really creative. We had Borgmok and Spinmok and everything.
Greenmok.   You forgot Greenmok.

The eve online forums used to   have a few guys with sigs on a sort of rotator so it would show a   different sig in it every time you loaded the image, we should convince   Armok to do this with the Armok Avatar variants.
[/quote]That would indeed be awesome. However, I NEVER change my avatar, sadly.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #6035 on: May 23, 2010, 02:14:48 pm »

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=134665
Why, thank you.
I'm just starting to read the 2nd page of that thread. I does not seem too bad for now...Sure, giant alien insects with unstoppable powers, able to subdue aline races far advanced then humans, stumble on Earth by chance...But it seems I am more starving for any kind of Sci-Fi than I knew.
It's been so long since I've read non-study/non-politically oriented book that I actually find it quite entertaining.

Deathworks, do not worry about spambot. I believe community can take care of this for now.

And Armok - I hope this concludes all that mess with your avatar and so, I would dislike to see another fiery discussion about it. :P  ;D
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: May 23, 2010, 02:56:18 pm »

Hi!

Just because some people seem to have been misunderstanding me: I had hoped for quick administrator intervention against the spambot because the longer it is here, the more work the moderators will have. I was not really worried about the forums getting spoiled or anything, but spambots always mean more additional work for the moderators/admins (=Toady One).

Actually, I found it rather curious that the spambot showed up just when Toady One said he wanted to get a little bit of rest...

Armok: So, you will not change your avatar ever? I hope you don't mind me saying this, but that is something I am really grateful for. I am really bad at remembering names, so avatars are also important for my orientation. Thus, whenever someone changes their avatar, it is somewhat confusing for me.

Deathworks

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: May 23, 2010, 02:58:54 pm »

Heh, we had a spambot a few days ago which was advertising golf supplies of all things.

Maybe he'll ask ThreeToe to take care of it?

The nikewhatever spambot is probably one of the worst we've had (that I know of) as it made 33 posts in one go. Unusual even for a spambot.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:00:55 pm by smjjames »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: May 23, 2010, 03:02:29 pm »

Armok: So, you will not change your avatar ever? I hope you don't mind me saying this, but that is something I am really grateful for. I am really bad at remembering names, so avatars are also important for my orientation. Thus, whenever someone changes their avatar, it is somewhat confusing for me.

I'm kinda the same. I identify the makers of posts based on the avatars, and connect that to the person. So when someone changes the avatar ( or, worse, switches with someone else ) I get thrown off.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: May 23, 2010, 03:02:53 pm »

I watched FMJ yesterday, that made me sad, M-I-C-K-E-Y.

Offtopic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: May 23, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »

Most of us barely get any sunlight, let alone go out golfing!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: May 23, 2010, 03:09:20 pm »

Hi!

The spambot with the Disney movies was the funniest I saw here lately. Talking about an investment for children and then showing that image of Disney's Snowwhite - here of all places!

But the really worst spambot I saw hit a different place. Fortunately, the admin was contacted relatively quickly. Because that spambot posted not only new topics but rather replied in existing threads! That was really nasty.

Deathworks

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: May 23, 2010, 03:14:42 pm »

I remember a spam bot that started talking with us.

Good times.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: May 24, 2010, 12:21:59 am »

The best way to minimize the mess from spambots is to report them immediately and not post about them.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58:54 am »

Hi!

Just to clarify this, I did report it before expressing my feelings here.

Anyhow, the missing turtles in 31.04 are making me sad as this is the second fortress I am giving up on because of them (together with some other problems). The terrain of the map was quite nice, so it is a real shame. Oh well, there is one more weird theory I want to check on with my next world gen.

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 8167