Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7315 7316 [7317] 7318 7319 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487091 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109740 on: December 29, 2016, 10:41:40 am »

Like a VN protagonist, you have to choose where you want to be and with whom. Unlike a VN protagonist, you cannot simply replay the game to see the other routes.

Spoiler: Choose the one which isn't a deathtrap.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109741 on: December 29, 2016, 10:45:57 am »

Damnit, maybe I should have actually forced myself to play some VNs in the past, I never realised there was so much to learn from them.
Now it's too late!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109742 on: December 29, 2016, 11:48:27 am »

Well it's two days. Go on a VN binge.

That way you'll be so tired you'll pass out and miss them all equally :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #109743 on: December 29, 2016, 01:43:57 pm »

I got stomach flu for Christmas. Nothing I wanted to work on got worked on, consequentially, and I only regained mobility this morning.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109744 on: December 29, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »

Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm pretty sure I'm trans.

I came out to my parents. My mom was awesome as usual, while (as usual) being adorably and infuriatingly slow to think of me as anything but "questioning". Like, mom, I'm traaaaaaaans.

My dad was... as usual, different. Infuriatingly impartial, but I can deal. But then he started saying "dysphoria is a medical myth" and "labels are bad stuff, you shouldn't use this label" and stuff. Daaaaad, I know that being transgender doesn't mean I have to wear makeup and prance around. I've never cared too much about the gender norm, and that'll still be the case after I transition. He just seems a little disapproving. And c'mon dude, I'm crying at the restaurant because you decided to start telling me that my dysphoria didn't really exist, could you let off?

So yeah. First was the crying, which just came out and went on and on for several minutes, letting out the last few weeks of gender issues as well as the issues with my dad. And now... just feeling incredibly empty and unmotivated. I've read that's common for trans people - overwhelming sadness and then emotional deadness. (I've also read that a lot of things are common for trans people. Sitting down to urinate, preferring longer shirts... but that's not what convinced me I'm trans, it's just icing on the trans cake.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #109745 on: December 29, 2016, 04:48:53 pm »

Yoink, you can grab your phone and use the wonders of social media to go to one party but be in spirit at the others as well. It might not be polite to use a phone during a conversation, but there are lulls in every party that you can use to connect with your friends who went to the others.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109746 on: December 29, 2016, 05:02:38 pm »

Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm pretty sure I'm trans.

I came out to my parents. My mom was awesome as usual, while (as usual) being adorably and infuriatingly slow to think of me as anything but "questioning". Like, mom, I'm traaaaaaaans.

My dad was... as usual, different. Infuriatingly impartial, but I can deal. But then he started saying "dysphoria is a medical myth" and "labels are bad stuff, you shouldn't use this label" and stuff. Daaaaad, I know that being transgender doesn't mean I have to wear makeup and prance around. I've never cared too much about the gender norm, and that'll still be the case after I transition. He just seems a little disapproving. And c'mon dude, I'm crying at the restaurant because you decided to start telling me that my dysphoria didn't really exist, could you let off?

So yeah. First was the crying, which just came out and went on and on for several minutes, letting out the last few weeks of gender issues as well as the issues with my dad. And now... just feeling incredibly empty and unmotivated. I've read that's common for trans people - overwhelming sadness and then emotional deadness. (I've also read that a lot of things are common for trans people. Sitting down to urinate, preferring longer shirts... but that's not what convinced me I'm trans, it's just icing on the trans cake.)

Congratulations on a semi-successful coming-out. From some of the horror stories I've heard it could have gone a lot worse. Even if your mom was a bit hesitant at least she's supportive :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109747 on: December 29, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »

*hugs Doz*
Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109748 on: December 29, 2016, 05:17:04 pm »

That took a lot of courage. I hope the next steps go smoothly for you, best of luck.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109749 on: December 29, 2016, 05:21:00 pm »

"Medical myth?" Eek. Well, one hopes he doesn't deny science, and is just unaware of the science that has found a biological basis for trans-ness.

And best of luck to you going forward. Plus, you should know if you were wrong once you're on the hormones.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109750 on: December 29, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »

Out of curiosity, can being a trans on hormones effect grades in a bad way? One guy I knew has said he's trans, and is doing the hormone thing. He was a brilliant scientist person, A*s all round. Bit insufferable as a person, but that's besides the point. Anyway, he has failed a module in university, an outcome which even a year ago would be completely unthinkable. He was always very arrogant about his good results, so it wasn't that he didn't care about them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109751 on: December 29, 2016, 05:42:58 pm »

Was it a math class?  (Sorry, joke)
Though honestly, college is a big adjustment.  Going into college arrogant certainly didn't do me any favors, rather the opposite.

Also uh, good luck Doz.
...I really need to see a professional, if only to get a few things straight in my head. 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109752 on: December 29, 2016, 05:48:56 pm »

It was a math subject.

And trust me, this boy was Oxford material. Best in the year. University is a change, but that wouldn't change the apparatus that was already there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109753 on: December 29, 2016, 05:52:42 pm »

Out of curiosity, can being a trans on hormones effect grades in a bad way? One guy I knew has said he's trans, and is doing the hormone thing. He was a brilliant scientist person, A*s all round. Bit insufferable as a person, but that's besides the point. Anyway, he has failed a module in university, an outcome which even a year ago would be completely unthinkable. He was always very arrogant about his good results, so it wasn't that he didn't care about them.
It could be pure coincidence in timing, though completely altering your biochemistry and essentially reversing and then kickstarting puberty all over again won't do you any wonders. My only anecdote that is comparable, I knew someone who was a brilliant A* student all round (with incredibly high standards for himself, second place really put him down, it was unhealthy). Went to Uni as she - still a brilliant student all round, still competitive and still getting results. Did start drinking and doing drugs however, though I chalk that up to most people taking up drinking and substance abuse in Uni. So my anecdotal experience is that it wouldn't necessarily be of such an impact so as to turn a straight A student into a failed student, so other factors are possibly at play

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109754 on: December 29, 2016, 06:48:08 pm »

Transitioning from a non-college environment to a college environment could be difficult. Or classes he's taking now may be harder than anything he did in the past. Or any number of other personal issues getting in the way with doing well in a class. (emotional stuff, irresponsible decisions, parties, drugs, whatever)

I have no personal experience with it but I would think fucking up your natural internal chemistry could effect your ability to do well in school since the mind is inherently tied up with the physical body. Wouldn't seem any different than how eating badly or sleeping badly could impact abilities to do well in school.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 7315 7316 [7317] 7318 7319 ... 8167