Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7267 7268 [7269] 7270 7271 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495008 times)

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109020 on: November 11, 2016, 02:13:02 pm »

...been about two hours back. Find myself In the middle of gendery-ish but totally respectful conversation. Oh, b12, sweet b12....
We're being nice because we know Tiruin would frickin' kill us if we weren't.

Good thing Tiruin is here. Hug death is a... a... cute option?
________

Yes, the tree line (Actually seashore line, but ok)
________

Aaaaargh, my internet is so slow, can't answer all the things! (Finally something that belongs In the sad thread. (We have no rage threadd, right?))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109021 on: November 11, 2016, 02:16:36 pm »

...been about two hours back. Find myself In the middle of gendery-ish but totally respectful conversation. Oh, b12, sweet b12....
I am not even really nice though (I'm not saying that I have anything against anyone participating in this conversation, or at least I don't remember having it, but I guess people could get offended by things I say and take them as me being angry), I just enjoy arguing with people over internet (my favourite thing to do when I'm too sick to do anything more productive) so much that at this point I know that there are some things that quickly cause the argument to... end. And I'm already on 2/3 warnings, though for completly unrelated reason.
You could say that I am a Shitstorm Hunter.

I think "nice" doesn't mean airy fairy, but rather implies reasonableness. An internet argument is only nice when both sides are willing to converse rather than textually yell invective at each other.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109022 on: November 11, 2016, 02:18:32 pm »

Good thing Tiruin is here. Hug death is a... a... cute option?
________

Yes, the tree line (Actually seashore line, but ok)
________

Aaaaargh, my internet is so slow, can't answer all the things! (Finally something that belongs In the sad thread. (We have no rage threadd, right?))

We had one, before I got here.  It has looooong since been locked.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109023 on: November 11, 2016, 02:35:33 pm »

Hit a wall at work and accidentally fell asleep on the couch.
Not only did i massively jeapordise the safety of the people I'm supposed to be keeping after, but I also did some strange and lasting damage to my lower back.

My physical pain is outweighing my moral pain, but still.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109024 on: November 11, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »

(We have no rage threadd, right?))
We had several, actually. They all used to get locked up on the reg, and the last one got nuked after a bunch of people got into a huge shitflinging fight over one flamebait topic or the other. After that, the Toad had decreed that there would be no more rage threads.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109025 on: November 11, 2016, 03:32:10 pm »

I want nothing more than to just cry about it, but I actually cannot, I am so thoroughly indoctrinated into my masculinity that I cannot even conceive of acting outside of it.

Relatedly:

I listened to Leonard Cohen's song 'You Want It Darker' last night and found myself crying uncontrollably.

I've never listened to Leonard Cohen before.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #109026 on: November 11, 2016, 03:37:53 pm »

Alright. I've had a sleep, I've taken a break and chilled out for a little bit. So I'm just gonna rant now. Feel free to ignore. I'll probably remove this anyway.

Spoiler: Ranting, ho! (click to show/hide)

Yep, probably gonna delete it. Either way, helped to get that out of my head, I guess.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109027 on: November 11, 2016, 03:42:27 pm »

My physical pain is outweighing my moral pain, but still.
Your boss asked me to tell you 'that'll change once we have a chat tomorrow'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109028 on: November 11, 2016, 03:44:08 pm »

. Hug death is a... a... cute option?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZDvtqaGW54
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109029 on: November 11, 2016, 03:53:31 pm »

Alright. I've had a sleep, I've taken a break and chilled out for a little bit. So I'm just gonna rant now. Feel free to ignore. I'll probably remove this anyway.

It kind of sounds like you're mirroring each other, and neither of you thinks you're worthy of each other...

... but don't ask me what the solution is, unless you two can be honest with each other about what you think each other thinks and why you did the things you did (e.g. you thought she wasn't interested, she didn't give you an answer, but you were still in love) and what you feel.

And if she isn't interested, loving someone doesn't preclude being friends instead of anything more. It just means you care about them more.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109030 on: November 11, 2016, 04:00:57 pm »

I'm not sure about you but if Tiruin's prepped to murder someone, I'm not even going to ask why.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109031 on: November 11, 2016, 04:24:08 pm »

Can I add a fifth kind of people? People who lie constantly to everyone and think it won't come back on them. (I'm also not talking about anyone on these forums)

It sounds like you need to know better people (IRL if that's what you need) and less terrible people, but if some of them are family I can see that not being easy.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:28:54 pm by Shadowlord »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109032 on: November 11, 2016, 04:53:11 pm »

*hugs Caroline*

I wish I could do more ;-;
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109033 on: November 11, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »

I want nothing more than to just cry about it, but I actually cannot, I am so thoroughly indoctrinated into my masculinity that I cannot even conceive of acting outside of it.

Relatedly:

I listened to Leonard Cohen's song 'You Want It Darker' last night and found myself crying uncontrollably.

I've never listened to Leonard Cohen before.
He's a good one for that, is Cohen.

Was Cohen.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109034 on: November 12, 2016, 01:25:29 am »

Fuck off, politics.
The whole thing was funny for a while, now it's getting tired.

Re: Leonard Cohen, unfortunately I mainly remember him from some long car trips with my dad back in the day where I was just about bored to tears by Cohen and couldn't wait to switch to something better. But he sang Hallelujah, apparently? I've probably heard his version before. I might give a listen to it now to check...

...Good Lord. He is the real deal, that's for sure.
It wasn't even the original recorded version that I listened to, but the spoken parts of the song were as powerful as ever. Wow, that gave me chills. I only wish we'd listened to more Hallelujah on those old car trips, I might have had a better opinion of the man before now. :-\

Thunder cracking and the lights flickering at the songs climax(es) probably helped, too, I guess. Storm is definitely coming.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7267 7268 [7269] 7270 7271 ... 8168