Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7266 7267 [7268] 7269 7270 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495003 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109005 on: November 11, 2016, 12:45:56 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/2jjv4
The fuck

I didin't even register a lot until reading this. Every single of those is truth, to the point I could change some details and call fair bit of those stories mine.
Women are treated as unique and important. Men are treated as expendable and all alike.
http://theredpillmovie.com/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109006 on: November 11, 2016, 12:57:09 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/2jjv4
I agree with a lot of that.

:(

*hugs Bumblebee on general principle*

I don't think we've met, but it's nice to see you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109007 on: November 11, 2016, 01:04:08 pm »

Tiru! I thought you forgot... Like, forever forgot :)

I remember your name, Th4....! Won't try to write it 😫

Wasn't the point in not trivializing ANY of the problems? I haven't been in your shoes, you haven't been in mine, we both respect and try to not make life harder for each other, m? That better?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109008 on: November 11, 2016, 01:10:01 pm »

Th4DwArfY1

...Wait, that was in Swiftkey's dictionary?  :o

Signs you spend too much time on Bay12:Your phone's autocorrect starts picking up usernames as words.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109009 on: November 11, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »

The thing is that complaining that other side has it bad too every time someone brings up those problems is not getting us anywhere. And, sadly, you have to agree that womens problems get much more attention... ironically enough.

At the same point, fuck, this isin't even a competition. There are no sides, it's not like that either side can have it bad. In the long run we all have it worse no matter who has them.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109010 on: November 11, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »

Yeaaa ._. I got that feeling too in the months thereafter, but that was more me dealing with anxiety because of communications and stuff--nothing related to you or such, but just overloaded x.x

That said, have it back! :3
That got me sad though for a long while ._. I was worried about you, and the impression of my lacking response!
Also tiny nudge on your earlier post--it's okay to feel sad about stuff. Emotions are pretty important in our everyday living \o/
And yay, PM! :D

The thing is that complaining that other side has it bad too every time someone brings up those problems is not getting us anywhere. And, sadly, you have to agree that womens problems get much more attention... ironically enough.
Specifics :P
While it may seem that way here--the context is to the environment. That statement can be taken generally given the people in the conversation being from places that have that. Added context is the matters of the internet and other mediums of communication--it opens up far more awareness for reading and exposure. And the only way these things get worse if people are only treated as concepts rather than...people. That's the whole measure of communication, to address the people rather than only the concepts seen about them.

Basically: Bumblebee is right in that one post addressed to ya :P The attention depends on the culture and environment.
Comparison shall not help if it becomes the conclusion.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109011 on: November 11, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »

I remember your name, Th4....! Won't try to write it 😫

Wasn't the point in not trivializing ANY of the problems? I haven't been in your shoes, you haven't been in mine, we both respect and try to not make life harder for each other, m? That better?

And I remember you as the bearer of the awesome tattoo! How'd it heal up, btw?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109012 on: November 11, 2016, 01:27:38 pm »

Signs you spend too much time on Bay12:Your phone's autocorrect starts picking up usernames as words.  :v
My phone recognized "Mainiac" as correct.
Yes this is a sad ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109013 on: November 11, 2016, 01:34:55 pm »

Oh, so thats's where we've met. It's alright, though becomes a little pale when I'm cold (Why?!!! Thermotattoo?).  This one promises to becomes the classical "first tattoo", And I already have scetch for the next one.

...been about two hours back. Find myself In the middle of gendery-ish but totally respectful conversation. Oh, b12, sweet b12....

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109014 on: November 11, 2016, 01:45:08 pm »

While it may seem that way here--the context is to the environment. That statement can be taken generally given the people in the conversation being from places that have that. Added context is the matters of the internet and other mediums of communication--it opens up far more awareness for reading and exposure. And the only way these things get worse if people are only treated as concepts rather than...people. That's the whole measure of communication, to address the people rather than only the concepts seen about them.
Do you have to seriously go "but it might be only your country! LOOK AT SAUDI ARABIA FOR EXAMPLE!". Just don't, this is the crazy feminazi rethoric - the patriarchy is still stronk so men issues don't matter. I know that I am hyperboling as fuck and attacking you somewhat, but this is exactly what I see now. At this point I don't understand what you seem to be attacking to the point I don't even know what the hell should I defend.

Right, I don't live everywhere, I don't know how things look everywhere. But, based on countries that I know from my life or partially know from internet, I say that the "western" world, as in - most of developed Europe, USA, etc. are like this (or should, but let's put the recent politically-geographic developments of illegals in Europe aside).
And good luck adressing all the ~7,5 billion people in the world personally.

As for specifics - how many times the beloved US ex-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton adressed men's issues? If she did, how much of it became a major thing in her campaing? Yeah. How many times she adressed women issues? Yeah...

Basically: Bumblebee is right in that one post addressed to ya :P The attention depends on the culture and environment.
Comparison shall not help if it becomes the conclusion.
I'm not saying that he was not. He is, but I really skipped over his post because it is clear that I am generalizing (before you say that generalization is bad - try to talk about whole male population of developed countries without generalizing). I suppose if you are rich then women give you attention, but that only magnifies the issue - the only way for a guy to get attention unwanted is to be filthy rich (or be a god-incarnate when it comes to attractivness, but that usually requires money).
And women? Poor, medicore working women still and often are victims of mobbing, so can attractive women in executive places. I am not saying that men cannot be mobbed in work, but you'd be blind to not see the pattern.
And comprasion helps to establish what the bulk of the problem is.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109015 on: November 11, 2016, 01:55:07 pm »

Do you have to seriously go "but it might be only your country! LOOK AT SAUDI ARABIA FOR EXAMPLE!". Just don't, this is the crazy feminazi rethoric - the patriarchy is still stronk so men issues don't matter. I know that I am hyperboling as fuck and attacking you somewhat, but this is exactly what I see now. At this point I don't understand what you seem to be attacking to the point I don't even know what the hell should I defend.
[...]
That may be because I was not intending to attack in particular, or have anything like that towards anyone at all. :P So...it's ok to calm down? What anyone says about this is acknowledged and pretty much with points, because it's what's happening (and by no means was my post to diminish any value in what anyone did say). But my mention of specifics was (should've >_>) a question but I missed the question mark.
Quote from: because I didn't know where you were talking about here so it came off as very general
And, sadly, you have to agree that womens problems get much more attention... ironically enough.

E: Though the smiley after that back there may give the wrong tone. Oops! :-[

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109016 on: November 11, 2016, 01:58:28 pm »

...been about two hours back. Find myself In the middle of gendery-ish but totally respectful conversation. Oh, b12, sweet b12....
We're being nice because we know Tiruin would frickin' kill us if we weren't.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109017 on: November 11, 2016, 02:00:18 pm »

With hugs.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #109018 on: November 11, 2016, 02:02:25 pm »

Oh, so thats's where we've met. It's alright, though becomes a little pale when I'm cold (Why?!!! Thermotattoo?).  This one promises to becomes the classical "first tattoo", And I already have scetch for the next one.

Oh, yeah, that was that really cool treeline tattoo around the arm, right?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109019 on: November 11, 2016, 02:08:39 pm »

I am not even really nice though (I'm not saying that I have anything against anyone participating in this conversation, or at least I don't remember having it, but I guess people could get offended by things I say and take them as me being angry), I just enjoy arguing with people over internet (my favourite thing to do when I'm too sick to do anything more productive) so much that at this point I know that there are some things that quickly cause the argument to... end. And I'm already on 2/3 warnings, though for completly unrelated reason.
You could say that I am a Shitstorm Hunter.
Pages: 1 ... 7266 7267 [7268] 7269 7270 ... 8168