Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Hey, FOX is making a new movie! Wait, what?  (Read 9290 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, FOX is making a new movie! Wait, what?
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 11:10:39 am »

That's pretty accurate for most games.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 11:11:46 am »

Hmm, I wonder how starcraft would play out...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 02:55:04 pm »

There was one thing, and one thing only that I actually liked about Soulstorm.

The Dark Eldar ultimate.  Sure, it packed a lame punch, but damn if it wasn't AWESOME.

But yeah, other than that, the Dawn of War series has been a bastion of incredible voice acting (plus absolutely stunning lines) and magnificent cutscenes.  Not to mention totally badass dudes.  Haven't played DoWII yet, stupid thing keeps asking for some sort of Windows Live functionality.

As for SP*RE...  Really, how can they pull that off?  StarCraft would be pretty awesome though...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 08:23:44 pm »

AND IF WE DIE THIS DEH WE DIE IN GLOARY. WE DIE HEAROES' DEFFS-BUT WE SHALL NORT DIE-NO IT IS THE ENEMEH WHO WILL TEHSTE DEFF AND DEFEAT! AS YOU KNOW...

Having never played any of the Dawn of War games I had to look this up on YouTube to see if the writing was actually that pitiful or if you were just exaggerating.

It's like they hired Peter Chimaera to write the speech and then threw money at a decent voice actor to suffer through it.

The thing is, that's actually how Space Marines talk in the various canon bits and pieces. DoW was so incredibly true to the lore with how the Space Marines thought and acted it's so far been the only 40k game where i actually liked them. They're so much more likable when they're balanced and running around screaming their rediculous battle cries.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »

Hm, this might work for a StarCraft Movie intro
[Random Timeline]
Mar Sara
Subject: The Zerg and the UED
  "Its been a long time since we set foot on that hell hole. Only if we had more men...
We left a lot of men behind too. Firebats, Marines, heck, even the Medics and the Ghosts.
Hopefully, with an invasion force. I forgot about Kerrigan. That B*tch, she better not have found about the zerg there. The UED... We could have used help. Those bastards..."

"RAYNOR! WE GOT TONS OF MUTALISK IN BOUND!"

"Rock, and Roll!"

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 09:05:34 pm »

Ok, so the plot of the Sims movie is that the characters are Sims who are just like normal people until they find out that they're actually a computer simulation.  Hilarity ensues.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2009, 09:06:51 pm »

Hm, this might work for a StarCraft Movie intro
[Random Timeline]
Mar Sara
Subject: The Zerg and the UED
  "Its been a long time since we set foot on that hell hole. Only if we had more men...
We left a lot of men behind too. Firebats, Marines, heck, even the Medics and the Ghosts.
Hopefully, with an invasion force. I forgot about Kerrigan. That B*tch, she better not have found about the zerg there. The UED... We could have used help. Those bastards..."

"RAYNOR! WE GOT TONS OF MUTALISK IN BOUND!"

"Rock, and Roll!"

No, that wouldn't work. Anyway, I'd rather see a WH40k movie, because Grimdark.

(A SPACE HULK MOVIE! YES.)

AND IF WE DIE THIS DEH WE DIE IN GLOARY. WE DIE HEAROES' DEFFS-BUT WE SHALL NORT DIE-NO IT IS THE ENEMEH WHO WILL TEHSTE DEFF AND DEFEAT! AS YOU KNOW...

Having never played any of the Dawn of War games I had to look this up on YouTube to see if the writing was actually that pitiful or if you were just exaggerating.

It's like they hired Peter Chimaera to write the speech and then threw money at a decent voice actor to suffer through it.

The thing is, that's actually how Space Marines talk in the various canon bits and pieces. DoW was so incredibly true to the lore with how the Space Marines thought and acted it's so far been the only 40k game where i actually liked them. They're so much more likable when they're balanced and running around screaming their rediculous battle cries.

The whole selling point for me when it comes to voice acting is either subtlety or epic hammishness. The narrator wins that award.

Also? Gorgutz. Was. EPIC.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2009, 09:38:41 pm »

Gorgutz was awesome.

Hell, the Orks in general were so well done it made me cheer out loud.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2009, 09:50:45 pm »

For some reason whenever I play Orks in DoW I set them up against IG, so when I throw my WAAAAAGHs at them, I just imagine in my head soldiers yelling over the gunfire "Where the fuck did they pick up those Cockney accents!!?"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2009, 10:02:45 pm »

What I want to know is, how do you make a movie from any sandbox game?  It's bad enough when they try to make full-length movies out of short childrens books that can be read in five minutes, but making a movie from something that can't even have a normal storyboard plot is just rediculous.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2009, 10:42:28 pm »

I can imagine a bunch of War Games in Band of Brothers style.
Spore and SimCity, nothing.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »

SimCity=Corrupt mayor tries to manitan control over city while dealing with city council and massive structural problems
Spore=A history of a intergalactic species that evolved from humble origins into world-conquering monsters.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2009, 11:08:05 pm »

Probably going to be Spore only in name.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »

Spore=A history of a intergalactic species that evolved from humble origins into world-conquering monsters.
Tractus Aequoreus
"A species capable of defeating their counterpart, Chaos Aequoreus, and Orks, the Tractus Aequoreus is also a large, badass species."

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2009, 11:55:29 pm »

Keep in mind Spore would be a kids movie.  It'll probably be about a cute alien space explorer or something.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7