Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6650 6651 [6652] 6653 6654 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15749111 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99765 on: February 22, 2013, 04:15:12 am »

I hate cleaning so I let Olga do it. She also hates cleaning so she lets Eva do it. She ALSO hates cleaning so eventually my sister yells at us and then we finally clean.

I don't think this works!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99766 on: February 22, 2013, 04:26:59 am »

I hate cleaning.  My siblings were total slobs growing up.  I got sick of cleaning up after them.  Always hours of work that would be undone in a few minutes.

But I'm self-disciplined enough to do it anyway, if it's genuinely my responsibility.  Even with young kids around, I think half an hour a day is all it would take.  Not demanding at all.  I imagine it would be the easiest part of being a houseperson.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99767 on: February 22, 2013, 04:28:28 am »

Me and cleaning, and other house chores, have a weird relationship. I inherited my grandma's fastidious streak, but I don't like chipping away at chores a bit at a time; That feels like an endless struggle. I tend to let chores of a kind build up until I can tackle them all in one go, and get a sense of accomplishment. Maybe it's something about having a noticeable difference before and after?

I don't really decorate either. My room is pretty Spartan; I sleep on a pile of fleeces and throw blankets I make every night, and stow in the morning... surprisingly comfortable! My walls are bare but for bookshelves and cupboards (I got rid of a lot of decorative things in my last few moves), but I like to collect little knick knacks for my desk and bookshelf; a rocket-shaped lava lamp, a little origami crane, an analogue clock with two fez-wearing monkeys (I got it from a mysterious and possibly crazy old woman at a bazaar), a stuffed Pine Martin toy, a giant phantom quartz crystal (has little ghosts of smaller crystal facets inside it, from when it initially formed), a functional antique microscope, and a little rocket ship lava lamp, to name a few.

When making food for myself, I almost always cook based on Specific Appetite. I trust my body to know what it needs about 80% of the time, and try to make meals based on that. When cooking for other people, I tend to like experimenting either with a classic recipe of some sort, or experimenting within some arbitrary Iron Chef style ingredient limitations. Recent experiments include finding out how to cook an orange, which I ended up making into a fried rice with ginger, cashews, and hoisin, as well as an extremely eggy chocolate pancake-bread I invented because I had only a bit of flour left, and it was way too cold and snowy a morning to go to the store.

I suspect I'd make a crappy house husband for someone, but I'm apparently a pretty good roommate! Either that, or I've just been lucky so far.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:37:44 am by Solifuge »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99768 on: February 22, 2013, 04:31:18 am »

Oh man, I never do chores all at once. I'll do stuff like empty 1/5 of the dishwasher every time I'm in the kitchen because it gets done in an afternoon but doesn't require me to devote too much time at once to chores. This really bothers most people.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #99769 on: February 22, 2013, 04:33:03 am »

I'm a student.

'nuff Said.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #99770 on: February 22, 2013, 04:41:43 am »

Oh man, I never do chores all at once. I'll do stuff like empty 1/5 of the dishwasher every time I'm in the kitchen because it gets done in an afternoon but doesn't require me to devote too much time at once to chores. This really bothers most people.

Yeah, I'm very much like this.  Most chores are what I call a background activity.  Something that you do in passing whenever it's convenient or when your eyes/brain need a short distraction from whatever your main activity is at the time.  If you're consistent about it, I think most things stay done with this kind of approach.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99771 on: February 22, 2013, 08:26:02 am »

*Hesitantly places a toe in the non-DF parts of the forum*

Same here. I get complaints all the time that I never do any work, because I pick away at it now and then until it's done. I'm pretty low-strung, so the more busy / stressy people around seem to try to infect me with their busy-ness. (Business doesn't sound right in this context.)
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99772 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:40 am »

My recent former boyfriend is being unusually... I dunno, I think I'm getting older and maturing, and so I'm less satisfied with the way I've conducted myself in relationships.  So I know that I did a lot of things wrong in this last run-through, which I'm sitting with, and yet simultaneously I'm kind of miffed.  I'm being treated... unusually poorly, and it's well known that this fellow is trying to punish me for leaving after giving ample warning and bowing under a great many other punishments for things I would have needed to be totally logically corrupt to do.  That and tried to sweep a lot of hardcore sexism under the rug under the name of "taboo humor."  But back then I (stupidly--this was my fault) didn't stand up for myself, didn't really bring up what an ass he'd been until we were breaking up, so he got the idea that I could be controlled and would come running back to him smiling and infinitely forgiving of abuse as long as he leveraged enough pressure in a particular way.

Apparently I served at the pleasure of the pure and blameless physicist.  It's one of those situations where telling him he's a dick or whatever won't fix the problem--it's simply "I want revenge, so my goal is to extract pain from you until I'm satisfied."  He looks at me like I'm disgusting if I speak to him, so, you know--not going to work.  Hurting him back would just vindicate his behavior.  I'm looking forward to graduating.
Wow, that sounds..umm....toxic? Yeah, best to just kick that to the curb and not look back. Anyone who engages in mind games/power dynamics like that is not worth the time of day.

I guess you could say that I'm back here again because I can't fucking stand the social situation the outside world is putting me in right now, and at least I feel like everyone likes me well enough here.  But seriously--I'm happy to be here, and I've missed y'all.  You guys are great.
:D Welcome back, you've been missed. *internet hug*

I'm in a sort of weird position in my life, where I'm changing drastically from month to month in terms of the clarity and extent of my vision, the standard with which I'm satisfied, and my abilities.  This is generally a positive, but it's exhausting.
I can understand this. The last four months have been....transformative. Which has been exhausting and stressful, but also incredibly energizing. I've been in a better mood this past week than I've been in years. Rebooting one's life is an interesting experience to say the least.

Anyway, I just finished watching What Dreams May Come, which I recommend to everyone on the basis of visual splendor and being a pretty damn lowkey Robin Williams movie.  Probably the only thing of his that I like... though I agree with Ebert that the ending doesn't commit to the difficult choices the rest of the movie made.  Still, seriously, it's brilliant.
I agree that it's one of the prettiest movies I've ever seen on the big screen, but yeah...the story fell a bit flat at points. I thought Williams was good, less thrilled with Cuba Gooding Jr.

The guy I've got a minor crush on in my poetry class seems interested, so that's cool, too.  I'm not really into him or something, but at this stage of my life I've somewhat disabused myself of the notion that I'm dating for Big Relationship Reasons so much as a little character development, so going out with a very harmless and weird English major for a while seems like to could be entertaining.
That's a good attitude to have. Don't go seeking relationships, but rather find them in unlooked places. The unexpected ones are often the best.  :)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99773 on: February 22, 2013, 10:13:03 am »

I'm late to the party, but my legal name comes out to "Super Idea Man" and my forum name comes out to.... "unemployed". Hahah.

(please no :( )

Goddamn; I always thought something was fucking with the mouse while using Ubuntu; turns out that was it. Now I have a script to autorun at startup to disable that shit! :D
And suddenly I can click on things without needing to break out in sweat from sheer effort!
Hey, let's be honest here. The mouse acceleration on Ubuntu isn't nearly half as bad as the acceleration on the Mac. And disabling it on Ubuntu is a LOT easier.
(Although, yes, first thing I do when getting a new computer is disable this on every OS)

For the longest time I was wondering why using a Mac made me feel queasy and stressed out - turned out this was it. I can now use a Mac without wanting to lash out at people or vomit all over my desktop. (The Ubuntu acceleration just made me a bit irritable) I basically have the same reaction to it some people have to 3d games, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:16:58 am by GlyphGryph »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99774 on: February 22, 2013, 10:17:47 am »

My real name (first and last) = Parasite.  :(
Forum name = Bombing   :-\

Finally picked up my new car last night. I'm already in love with it. Rides smooth, great sight lines (no more giant blind spot in the rear quarters!), good sound system, good heat/ac, roomy....and doesn't burn through gas like a wino with a bottle of Mad Dog.  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:23:45 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99775 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:20 am »

So I found out why I absolutely detested coding for Linux on Ubuntu. Two damnable words which should never have been introduced to computers:

MOUSE ACCELERATION

Goddamn; I always thought something was fucking with the mouse while using Ubuntu; turns out that was it. Now I have a script to autorun at startup to disable that shit! :D
And suddenly I can click on things without needing to break out in sweat from sheer effort!
man i have no idea on how you could have this problem. Mouses are still broken in linux? :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99776 on: February 22, 2013, 11:01:48 am »

So with my first/last name capitalized I get "Infantile Obesity". Lowercase I get "devotion Longing". :P
i2amroy = Chance, think I like that one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99777 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04:47 am »

man i have no idea on how you could have this problem. Mouses are still broken in linux? :P

All mouses are still broken for almost all everything. The problem is that he obviously got spoiled using something they weren't broken for (which could well have also been Linux). Ubuntu is trying to be a Mac, and Macs have the most broken most handling system of all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #99779 on: February 22, 2013, 12:04:40 pm »

I prefer white pudding.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 6650 6651 [6652] 6653 6654 ... 13325