Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 [3163] 3164 3165 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15824747 times)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #47430 on: April 13, 2011, 09:20:51 pm »

I have not succumbed to the Touhou craze entirely. I have only interacted with the music. But holy hell it is the best music ever, good suggestions? I know of U.N. Owen Was Her? and Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me, and those are excellent.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47431 on: April 13, 2011, 09:26:15 pm »

Aya's Theme is good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47432 on: April 13, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47433 on: April 13, 2011, 09:31:01 pm »

I keep missing all the contests. :|
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47434 on: April 13, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »

Aya's Theme is good.

Ooh, I like this one. Thanks! :D

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47435 on: April 13, 2011, 09:38:53 pm »

The existence of gimp makes me wonder why photoshop is the most pirated piece of software. It also makes me wonder why people use photoshop.

I think students are a large part of it.  I don't know that there are any educational institutions which support GIMP, but they all make use of photoshop.

I also find Photoshop much more user-friendly.  Any windows user can pick it up and do basic stuff.  GIMP is more alien.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #47436 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »

I have not succumbed to the Touhou craze entirely. I have only interacted with the music. But holy hell it is the best music ever, good suggestions? I know of U.N. Owen Was Her? and Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me, and those are excellent.
My favorites are Beloved Tomboyish Daughter, Septette for the Dead Princess, Necrofantasia, Luna Dial, and Flowering Night.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47437 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:40 pm »

I'm bored, so I'm going to click every single one of these links starting at The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. EDIT: I will not listen to all of them, in all probability, but I'll at least look.

no i'm not sorry for linking you to tvtropes
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:49:32 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47438 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »

Honestly, I can't stand Photoshop's interface.
GIMP feels more natural to me.
Right click, all of your menu options.
Lots of separate modules and such as opposed to fitting everything in one window.
Et cetera.

Meanwhile, I recommend checking out Suika's and Sariel's themes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47439 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »

Chinese Tea is some what relaxing and upbeat.

IT'S FREAKING TOUHOU! All the music is good to some level.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47440 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:28 pm »

All music as in all the original music, or ALL THE MUSIC?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47441 on: April 13, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »

All original, some remixes. Fan works are not canon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47442 on: April 13, 2011, 09:56:31 pm »

I'm a Photoshopper. Learned on it, grew on it, am part it now.

I think being a design student, and a bit of a time waster helped me develop some skills and techniques to use that work well on PS.

Well, to loosen up since work today, and tinkering with my MacMini and failing much, I might consider doing some livestreaming, or at least running amok online in something (like Magicka; even livestream it if possible) tomorrow. Might show off my Super Meat Boy skills though for those interested in how I climbed the ranks so darn quickly. I would also be open to suggestions of what else to play (What I have on Steam to what I can emulate, as shown in my LS thread). Heck, I can even do a LCS Livestream, though I lack some skill in that game still (too busy to play more of it).

And as a heads-up Livestream-wise, I'll still be going through some games on my list for a good while (and also to clean my memory of plot and puzzles), I might make my Amnesia playthrough during the Fall season. Appropriate closer towards Halloween time.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:59:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #47443 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:04 pm »

My favorites are Beloved Tomboyish Daughter, Septette for the Dead Princess, Necrofantasia, Luna Dial, and Flowering Night.
Wait... Those are Touhou tracks? I just found metal remixes of those on Youtube with a ton of Japanese text and thought, " Hmm, these sound pretty cool"
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47444 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:12 pm »

A good place to start for remixes is here.
It's got a bunch of piano stuff of varying emotions and styles.
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 [3163] 3164 3165 ... 13326