Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3159 3160 [3161] 3162 3163 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826158 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #47400 on: April 13, 2011, 05:02:10 pm »

Playing liberal crime squad, in spite of the fact that this version is really bugged up... I put together a crack team of deadly gunmen that I'm now about to send out on the world with m4's and body armour, I decided to name them "Gun Squad", then decided to change that to "Gun Crime Squad", then decided to abbreviate it to "GCS"... then I laughed at the acronym I had created.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47401 on: April 13, 2011, 05:10:00 pm »

Someone seems to have been specifically looking for fanfiction involving the Dedekind-Macneille Completion--or mathematics, or just the Dedekind-Macneille Completion.  I'm not entirely sure, because their post was kind of vague.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but either way my day has been made.

EDIT: So apparently they're from Ile-de-la-France, according to an IP tracking doohickey.

Huh.

EDIT EDIT: Also, my homework tonight should be really, really easy (relatively).  Looking forward to it~
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:23:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47402 on: April 13, 2011, 05:28:05 pm »

I always thought crepes was some exotic dish...
Huh, I was suprised enough when I found out what it really was, to laugh out loud.

Edit:
I hope the happenings of this day, will be featured in a dream.
This can only be good...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:34:41 pm by Mindmaker »

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47403 on: April 13, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »

Desktop thread motivated me to re-organize my entire Windows interface, and I really like how it's turned out. 

Have also got back into organizing my music library.

Quit playing League of Legends (again) which was an incredible time sink.

Soon the semester will be over, and I'll have more time to try to get back into making art again.

Similarly, I was happy to be useful today! :D

Also I probably start arting again, but bluh bluh huge bitch and all that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47404 on: April 13, 2011, 07:44:26 pm »

Ho ho ho! My 105 pound, black lab blood hound just lost a fight with a 15 pound terrier. The poor idiot now has scratches on his nose, and when he tries to get a drink he ends up licking himself on the nose and causing himself minor pain.

I don't I should not be laughing at him, but his wounds are not serious and the situation is just so funny.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47405 on: April 13, 2011, 07:44:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
numbers are intentionally messed up (dunno why but i remember it better) but i assume you know where i got it from ;D

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47406 on: April 13, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »

My custom picks shipped out today.
Also, it was all rainy.
And I wore my jacket and some eyeliner.
Some of my friends were like 'Hey, you're wearing eyeli-' and I'd interrupt with a O-O face and they'd be like O_o and go 'Whoa, that's kinda, creepy.'
The rest of them were like 'I'm diggin' the eyeliner' because they're the type of people who either wear it themselves or hang out with people who wear it a lot.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47407 on: April 13, 2011, 08:21:22 pm »

Realized that now that I have SharpE instead of Explorer, I can use the Windows Key for shortcuts. Set up hotkeys directly to Spelunky, Minecraft, and Dwarf Fortress.

Also found out that I can listen to Because Princess Inada Is Scolding Me on an infinite loop for hours and never get tired of it. I am currently doing so.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47408 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »

Realized that now that I have SharpE instead of Explorer, I can use the Windows Key for shortcuts. Set up hotkeys directly to Spelunky, Minecraft, and Dwarf Fortress.

You just know some psychologist is going to categorise an addiction to cave based games and name it after himself.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47409 on: April 13, 2011, 08:30:30 pm »

You just know some psychologist is going to categorise an addiction to cave based games and name it after himself.

I wonder if I can change my major. This sounds like an inevitable gold mine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47410 on: April 13, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »

I call it Alex syndrome.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47411 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:28 pm »

I see what you did there.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47412 on: April 13, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »

Made a post?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47413 on: April 13, 2011, 08:38:45 pm »

Found maybe one or two more options before the finale of my Mac HD.

By miracle, and another oversight, I forgot I may have a recovery drive on the HD (which I can also surprisingly access through the installer; the surprising part being that I can navigate it). I'm looking all over the HD for any backups that can potentially recover it to a working order (though it's still rather borked and slow).

I may need to see if my sister still has my backed up data on her external hard drive and see if she can do a search for it. If it's in a certain directory in the backup, then I can find it on my HD. When looking inside, I noticed my data was copied, not replaced entirely. Here's hoping I still have a backup HD image file to recover with. If that doesn't work, I can still mount the HD onto my PC, boot up OSX Snow Leopard, and do a transfer from the virtual machine. It's as tricky as it sounds, but I can still pull it off; that is provided Snow Leopard cooperates with my PC and doesn't do anything funny during transfer.

Speaking of which, unfortunately, the external hard drive idea doesn't work, at least for one. The other, however is too great a risk, and could do too much irrecoverable damage.

Speaking of irrecoverable damage, Borderlands sale came up, and I finally got the last DLC for it (Claptrap Robot Revolution) for a good price. Also got Magicka (complete pack).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:41:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47414 on: April 13, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »

And now, so do I. I choose to assume that, on some level, that was deliberate. (Emphasis added)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3159 3160 [3161] 3162 3163 ... 13326