Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791823 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24225 on: October 16, 2010, 01:55:18 pm »

There doesn't need to be, there is shit in our waters that can digest bone.

You keep saying that like it's somehow unique to Australia.  It is not, the ocean belongs to everybody.  Anyway, I was pretty big on the "paid people to not find him so he could run off forever" theory, until I read that article.  Dumbass was waiting for something to drown him, multiple times.  A death like that ceases to be a mystery.

Too bad America doesn't have any stories like that, all of our Presidents were either too sedentary or too hardcore to just up and vanish.  We've misplaced a few governors though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #24226 on: October 16, 2010, 01:55:25 pm »

Do carp even live in the ocean? I haven't embarked near an ocean in, what, two years?

Pretty sure carp are freshwater fish IRL.

there could be freshwater seas in DF though
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24227 on: October 16, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »

You mean Hydrochloric Acid? What you read was a post in this thread a little way back, I think.

You keep saying that like it's somehow unique to Australia.  It is not, the ocean belongs to everybody.  Anyway, I was pretty big on the "paid people to not find him so he could run off forever" theory, until I read that article.  Dumbass was waiting for something to drown him, multiple times.  A death like that ceases to be a mystery.

Too bad America doesn't have any stories like that, all of our Presidents were either too sedentary or too hardcore to just up and vanish.  We've misplaced a few governors though.

I don't think you guys have seashells that actively try and kill you, for starters. There is marine life here not found anywhere else.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #24228 on: October 16, 2010, 02:00:47 pm »

We don't lose presidents, no, but we can occasionally lose Governors. However, they show up a few days later when they finish hiking the Appalachian Trail all the way to Argentina.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:11:20 pm by alway »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24229 on: October 16, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »

Not just marine life, Austrailia has sea,land, and air life not seen anywhere else in the world, and most of it is rather good at killing people.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24230 on: October 16, 2010, 02:08:52 pm »

Considering I wasn't even born here, I don't want to get too patriotic and all up in your grill about how great this place is but Goddamn do I love this place, the Outback especially. You haven't seen Australia until you've seen the thousands of miles of uninhabitable shit that somehow still manages to be beautiful.

So yeah, feelin' pretty good this morning.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24231 on: October 16, 2010, 02:10:21 pm »

If you count "girls who do competitive horse-riding" as jocks, then yes.
Sounds more like a sortof snobbery thing, really.  There are some girls I know who actively try to destroy friendships and cause problems though... ugh.

Nah, this was more about hitting and shoving than snobbery.  Sixth grade was full of suck.

What I mostly meant was that beating up was involved, but I didn't know if the person in question counted as a jock or not.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24232 on: October 16, 2010, 02:10:45 pm »

It may be a death trap but I still wanna go one day, just becouse of the fact that Austrailia is beautiful. I do love that though, what is arguably the deadliest place in the world is also one of the most beautiful.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24233 on: October 16, 2010, 02:16:07 pm »

We don't lose presidents, no, but we can occasionally lose Governors. However, they show up a few days later when they finish hiking the Appalachian Trail all the way to Argentina.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about.  I love the sliding scale of "oh no our governor is lost in the woods, how worried should we be?".

Considering I wasn't even born here...

Wait, what?  Where were you born then?  It has to be Britain, I always knew you sounded way too British to be a real Australian.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24234 on: October 16, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »

It may be a death trap but I still wanna go one day, just becouse of the fact that Austrailia is beautiful. I do love that though, what is arguably the deadliest place in the world is also one of the most beautiful.

Same. Those landscapes are spectacular.

Of course, the flight over is quite another can of worms.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24235 on: October 16, 2010, 02:17:04 pm »

If you want to see green, majestic beauty, go to New Zealand. Australia has it too, but at 40 degrees and humid as fuck, plus in New Zealand the plants won't go after you. But if you want a Sunburnt Country and the absolute insanity that is the Outback, you know where to go. Some of the best times of my life were in the Australian Bush but I've never been into the Outback proper. I really need to go.

I think I'm a bushman at heart. 

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24236 on: October 16, 2010, 02:17:39 pm »

That reminds me, there's this one acid I read about that just goes right through the skin and dissolves the bone, leaving everything else intact. I wonder what death by chemical deboning would look like? Hmm...
You don't say?
You think that's crazy? Try Hydrofluoric Acid. It won't burn your skin. Oh no, you'd be getting off easy. It harmlessly diffuses through your less dense tissues, mostly effecting bone. It also screws with your nervous system, meaning you won't feel it as it works. If you get lucky, it'll force you into a fatal cardiac arrest. If you aren't, it'll melt your bones without alerting you to the pain of it untill it disperses.

Yeah.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24237 on: October 16, 2010, 02:18:35 pm »

After thousands of years of deforestation and hunting, we've managed to eradicate any creatures that serve as a remote threat to humans.  I mean, the most dangerous predator here is probably a fox.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24238 on: October 16, 2010, 02:18:41 pm »

Since I live in the snow and perpetual cold that is The North, I think "40 degrees and humid as fuck" will suit me just fine.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24239 on: October 16, 2010, 02:22:28 pm »

No, nononono. 40 degrees and humid as fuck doesn't suit the people born there. Don't fool yourself, you will sweat out your own weight in the space of a week. If you want to experience rain forests, come to NZ. I'm not saying I didn't have a good time when I went. I'm saying that in NZ neither the plants or heat actively try and kill you via intense pain.
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 13325