Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170803 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2835 on: April 22, 2011, 09:47:55 am »

ollanius pious the bravest guy in the history of mankind and ultimately "saved" the imperium, was an ig with all their crappy gear and charged horus whos weapon was bigger than pious and still he defended the emperor..... i think he had igs standard issue steel balls upgraded to mars grade adamantium power balls.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: April 22, 2011, 10:31:14 am »

No Imperial Guard are the best. LONG LIVE IG ( Screw the emperor )
HERESY! *BLAM*

Also, Pius simply pulled a Thou Shall not Pass in front of Horus, stopping him from killing off his dad. And got turned into a red smear for his troubles.
Secondly, Pius was retconned into oblivion, because GW hates giving people random tidbits of awesome that aren't Ultramarine-centered.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: April 22, 2011, 10:56:22 am »

someone need to put mat ward away from fluffing since the ultras are always on the other side of the galaxy in case of armageddon 2 class incidents and hes still saying they do lots of stuff.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 22, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »

ollanius pious the bravest guy in the history of mankind and ultimately "saved" the imperium, was an ig with all their crappy gear and charged horus whos weapon was bigger than pious and still he defended the emperor..... i think he had igs standard issue steel balls upgraded to mars grade adamantium power balls.

See, this would be impressive if orkz didn't do that because they think it'd be fun.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 22, 2011, 03:36:57 pm »

Well, it is awesome, considering the difference in mentality. Orks don't fear death. The Nightbringer didn't stop by them, apparently. The only problem an Ork will have with dying would be the lack of opportunity to wreck things from then on.

Humans, however, (and especially frontline IG soldiers) are very, very aware of their own mortality. So suppressing that, after passing through a Chaos-puppeted living demigod's ship and staring him down, pulling a TSNP, is made of purest mangrit.

It's the mental viewpoint, and the underlying thoughts and feelings that make it impressive.

Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: April 22, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »

God I hate Mat ward, the ultramarines are such a boring chapter... Why are they made to be so awesome? They are boring compared to chapters such as the Dark Angels/ Blood Angels/ Space Wolves, it'd be far more interesting to see more fluff on the Salamanders or the Imperial Fist, or the tau or any other race....

cheers,

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: April 22, 2011, 05:04:47 pm »

I'm starting to get a lot of my fluff from /tg/. The writefags occasionally make something really awesome.

This story, for example, presents why GW should stop kissing the Smurfs' asses.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: April 22, 2011, 06:04:32 pm »

I know why GW doesn't write fiction (CODEXES ARE FACTS STFU LOLOL) for other races, and it's a valid reason, as opposed to 'SPAC MAREENS ARE SUPAR KEWL."
It's because people can relate to the characters if they are the same race. If you read a book narrated by an Eldar, you'd be pretty confused because of the culture change, and because her/his mind works in a completely different way than yours.

That doesn't mean that they can't write for other races, it just means that it's harder.
I mean, imagine writing something that a whole other species would write, and actually sound believable.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 22, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

Ork fiction.

Need I say more?

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

I know why GW doesn't write fiction (CODEXES ARE FACTS STFU LOLOL) for other races, and it's a valid reason, as opposed to 'SPAC MAREENS ARE SUPAR KEWL."
It's because people can relate to the characters if they are the same race. If you read a book narrated by an Eldar, you'd be pretty confused because of the culture change, and because her/his mind works in a completely different way than yours.

That doesn't mean that they can't write for other races, it just means that it's harder.
I mean, imagine writing something that a whole other species would write, and actually sound believable.

Thats sort of vaild I guess, but space marines aren't exactly human, I personally cant relate to a religious fanatic whose 7 feet tall and is a killing machine :p...

Although if you mean fiction about the IG then yeah thats true.

cheers,

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: April 22, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »

Yeah, but you can relate to a Space Marine easier than an Ork or an Eldar.
But yeah, that was really directed at the Imperium of Man, not just Space Marines.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: April 22, 2011, 06:50:08 pm »

Ah fair enough then, hmm I guess so that does make sense.

Although back to my original point, why does GW love the Ultramarines so much?! I mean even just looking at Space Marines there are so many more interesting chapters that dont even have that much fluff compared to the ultramines... E.g The raven guard or the Iron hands?

cheers,

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:59 pm »

Ah fair enough then, hmm I guess so that does make sense.

Although back to my original point, why does GW love the Ultramarines so much?! I mean even just looking at Space Marines there are so many more interesting chapters that dont even have that much fluff compared to the ultramines... E.g The raven guard or the Iron hands?

cheers,
fanboy-ism?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: April 22, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »

Yeah, GW loev UltraMarines.
Recently, they've been getting better about it on their website though. They replaced some of the model pictures with red versions, and they're releasing addon kits to make other space marine chapters without making all of the extra bits yourself.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: April 23, 2011, 03:18:59 am »

red versions
Did someone say "Blood Ravens"?

TBH, it's not only fanboyism, it's also marketing. Last I checked, making a decent Spess Mehren (that is, Smurf) army will put you back a bit more than a destroyer-heavy 'cron army. So poking your eyes out with them is in their interest.

And also consider this: Who got into the tabletop via the tabletop is likely going to hump Clagar's leg for a while, and who got in via the computer games is going to drool over their Blood Ravens.

Also, GW hates the Dark Eldar.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 199