Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44733 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Yes, don't worry about me attempting to abuse IC knowledge; I'm a vet RPer and find it's more fun developing the character than trying to be a weasel and cheese my way through, although I do have a bit more ooc knowledge than the others when they started, like each turn being roughly an hour.

Anyway!

As I make my approach, I casually look for two types of rocks along the road; small, flat ones (your conventional skipping stones) and larger, round ones that would fit well in my hands. I won't go digging for them or anything (unless I roll a bad crit I suppose), but will clean them off a bit before putting them in my pack. I won't take more than 4 large ones and 10 small ones.
Since that can't take up an entire hour, I'll also go search for some edible plants and perhaps take some time to identify the local fauna.

Uh, I'm assuming I start on the same road as everyone else.

Edit: Fixed some typos. I was pretty spent when I wrote this. Also! Random fact: Stones that fit well in your hand and are a good size for throwing 'by feel' are almost exactly a pound, as that is how the measurement was made originally!
Yay.
Sorry. Just figured it might be relevant for weight proportions IC.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:19:36 pm by Anti-Paragon »

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sneak away from them, and keep looking for food and water.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I'm not starting yet, but I'll start on the northern side.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Oh, geesh, I forgot my starting location. I'm coming from the south.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

Day 2, Turn 5: Order:Dwarmin (6!,4!), Mr. Person (3!), Sephiroth (5!), Weedo su (6!,5!); New Order: Weedo su, Dwarmin, Sephiroth, Mr. Person

Weedo su-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin-

Sephiroth-

Mr. Person-
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:24:15 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 5:Monks from the south!)
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2009, 12:13:08 pm »

Finally.

Firstly, work out my leg by exercising some dodging skill.

Then leave this place, gather up some extra firewood from outside, for later.
Close both doors and place a stick in the hinge of both doors, so that if someone opens them while I'm away, I'll see it broken and know. (at least that's the plan!)

Then head into the skull shaped building's main entrance, going as briskly as my leg will allow.

Onward to Adventure!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2009, 03:13:48 pm »

Hmm. I've been thinking of what god to follow. I'm not really inclined to follow Shan Lai Ching from Nethack and my knowledge of Crawl is fleeting. Is there a list of human gods from that world I could get a gander at, or shall I just make one up for myself? I'm quite good with either choice. Anyway! On with the turn...

I take my time picking some of the not-quite ripened strawberries and putting them in my pack (because they'll last longer and are more durable than ripe strawberries) while checking the quality of the berries by popping one into my mouth. After this (fail or succeed) I sit myself down in the grass and ask for the blessings of my god, [Insert Lawful/Neutral god here], on the challenges before me, then proceed to look for some way beyond the daunting physical obstacle in front of me. There has to be an entrance somewhere! Let's start clockwise (west).

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »

Get going. Go through a door and continue on that way. (Did you ever say which directions the doors were?) I really don't care which one I take, but whichever one and facing further away from outside would probably be better. Oh, and light the lantern and continue on.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2009, 06:17:40 pm »

Head into the valley and scavenge food, but make sure I can get back up to the cave afterwards.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2009, 06:41:24 pm »

Anti-Paragon, here's a list of Crawl gods.

http://www.chaosforge.org/crawl/index.php?title=Gods

If you don't like those you may get deep enough to find altars to various dwarven gods which you could dedicate yourself to. Up to you. Oh, and in the DF world there is no... clockwise.  ;)

Mr. Person, both doors are in the same wall, the west one. One of them is blocked by a mature Tower-cap. The other you cleared of brush and debris with fire.

Sephiroth, the slope is steep but easily climbable. You should have no trouble walking back up it.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »

I've carefully read them all over, and as silly and fun as the more chaotic ones seem, I've decided against it. I'll wait for some DF god.

But... uh... does this make me a pious atheist?  ???

Also, pertaining the clockwise slip. Whoops, you have a good point. Good catch.

Edit: Also, when I read the title I thought I missed something and was being attacked! Aiee! Monks from the south! Kill them kill the- oh wait that's me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:46:05 pm by Anti-Paragon »

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:43 am »

Yeah I'll head down the slope and scrounge for food and water.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2009, 03:42:34 pm »

Day 2, Turn 6: Weedo su (1!), Dwarmin (2!), Sephiroth (4!), Mr. Person (3!); New order: Sephiroth, Mr. Person, Dwarmin, Weedo su

Sephiroth-

Mr. Person-

Dwarmin-

Weedo su-

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run back to the hallway. Don't go in too far or I might get hit by those stupid traps. Start fighting once there. Getting surrounded is a big no-no in Roguelikes.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Move across the bridge undaunted. Use my staff to test for rotten boards.

Also examine the bridge and try to determine the type of wood and rope are used in it's construction, as well as how long it's been here. I would like to know whether it's just old or shoddily built but new.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:47:42 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 53