Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44732 times)

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile

Whoa-hey! A weekend turn. That's a pleasant surprise. I think I'll have my belief, for now, to be based on ancestry (And therefore strong tradition), if - through spiritual meditation - I am permitted to gain insights from the spirits of my heritage. Nothing like clairvoyance or anything directly related to the fort, but monster lore and the like. Is that suitable?

Hmm, what to do this turn...

I bolster myself for the upcoming challenges, taking assurance in my proud heritage and reinforcing my courage and confidence. I focus on finding a way in and dedicatedly focus on that - with the exception of making sure I'm not blindly becoming someone's lunch.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile

I should read my pms, I feel a fool. Still, Can I get back into the waiting list. This time I'll make sure to watch my pms.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head further into it and get as many damn edible and drinkable things as I can carry.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

Day 2, Turn 7: Sephiroth (6!), Mr. Person (3!), Dwarmin (2!), Weedo su (1!); (No change... huh.)

Sephiroth-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. Person-

Dwarmin-

Weedo su-

(Sorry about the delay. Combat is a pain for me and for you.  ;D  You get lots of exp. from it but also have a high liklihood of getting injuries if you're not careful. Mr. Person, you're lucky you thought to move back into the hallway. 3 attacks per round vs. 6 attacks a round is a huge difference. And it's the criticals that really do bad things. On both sides.

Tehstefan, you're back on the list behind Zestorum. I'll post here as well as pm you when the next person is up.

And this goes for all of you. Unless you specifically say what types of moves are your 'style' in combat, Combat is generally way too fast for me to ask each round. Cius went through nearly twenty combat rounds there, which all can easily happen in a single turn. So let me know what your preffered combat techniques are and I'll take that into account. Cius you can now choose two simple attacks or one moderate attack, or alternate. Just let me know. That goes for the rest of you as well.)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:18:03 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/DF) (Day 2: Turn 7:Man Down...sorta)
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2009, 03:17:11 pm »

I was getting worried there lol
I don't blame you for missing my healing roll Paul. ;)

Actions

I won't be doing any climbing for awhile, so...

Examine the blocky construction-look for secret levers or buttons. Failing that see if it has any engravings or decorations on it. If I find any thing that looks valuable,  that I can pry off with my knife, do so.

Then move down the ramp.

Combat Style

You need any more info Paul?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2009, 04:24:29 pm »

You got lucky this time Dwarmin. Your healing roll is posted. And that combat style info is great. Basically it has exactly what I need. Things your character will do when fighting. And having an escape clause is good. lol.

In Cius' case I knew he was planning on praying if it were between him starving to death, but I wasn't sure that in the rush of battle he'd want to try a prayer to the god of Chaos. Though, of course, now that you're out of it Mr. Person I'll let you know kind of what next turn will be like for you. I'll break it into 15 minute intervals and roll a pain endurance check each time to see if you pass out or not. That will determine how much you get done.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2009, 05:44:35 pm »

Take a swig from the waterskin and head back up to that cave.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2009, 07:13:44 pm »

Hallways are the bread and butter of roguelikes, it's pretty standard to hide in hallways or at least doors.

Well, fudge. Nothing I've got is really going to help me out. Oh Xom, please save me! (He won't, but he might light me on fire or something equally fun, so no biggie. Anyways, he can't make it WORSE, and that fight had to be somewhat amusing.)

Can I get a list of my injuries before deciding what to do? I know there's a lot of them, but it really does matter.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2009, 07:27:29 pm »

Xom CAN make it worse lol

You could be bleeding to death, starving and dying of thirst and also get turned into a bucket.

Quote from Ampersand in the Crawl thread...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:31:14 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2009, 09:22:12 pm »

I (make my way and) try to enter the gate. If it's closed (or blocked off) I'll attempt to force my way in if possible. After that, I'll cautiously enter, being very wary (attempting to use my observation bonus).

Combat style:

Also, for convenience, traps!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:24:01 pm by Anti-Paragon »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2009, 01:01:59 am »

Mr. Person, the list of injuries is on your character sheet in the first post. Injuries will always be organized by location and severity. (I'm using a D6 system, so 1-chest, 2- left arm, 3-left leg, 4-right leg, 5-right arm, 6-head)

Severity is also on a 1-6 scale.
1-Mildly wounded-scratches and bruising
2-Lightly wounded-Bad scrapes, contusions, deep tissue bruises
3-Wounded-Cuts, gouges, ruptures, etc. Light bleeding can sometimes occur starting here. May impede motion if a leg wound.
4-Badly wounded-Stabs, bad cuts, possible broken bones, crushed body parts with likely bleeding. May cause pain and or loss of items held if arms.
5-Severely wounded-Broken bones, impaled body parts, severe deep tissue damage. Very likely to cause bad bleeding or even internal bleeding. Broken bones possible. Pain guaranteed, unconciousness likely. All sorts of other bad things.
6-Critically wounded-Complete and utter loss of function. Mangled almost beyond normal repair. Possible amputation, almost guaranteed broken bones, severe, life threatening bleeding, possible loss of sub-items. (Fingers, eyes, organs, etc.) Yeah... really bad.

For your reference, your injuries are listed below.

Injuries: rt. leg (5.5,0) (Bleeding badly), lf. leg (3.5,0) (lt. bleeding), lf. arm (1.5,0), rt. arm (1,0), Head(nose,eyes) (3,0) (lt. bleeding), Chest (4,0) (Bleeding)

(sub-items listed may cause problems if not treated properly. Others not on the list may develop as well if bad recovery rolls occur. Like infection or sepsis or gangrene, etc.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:04:12 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2009, 10:30:52 am »

Well, shit. First things first, tie off my left and right legs using the rope reed to slow down the bleeding. Then, using the scepter and more rope reed, try and fashion a really crude splint. It can't hurt, right? I can't do anything about those chest injuries for now, sadly. Anybody else have any bright ideas? I'm willing to try anything (Which is where Xom comes in!)

Eat some soup, too. Don't wanna starve to death. Is that camp fire I made earlier still around and is it nearby? I might be able to cauterize some of the wounds or something, if I can get there.

I'll make a fighting style if I wind up surviving. It would just go to waste otherwise, you know?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2009, 11:00:30 am »

I dunno, you have to prepare for this things before hand lol

Both your legs are smashed, that's really bad. I doubt you could move very far in your condition without exacerbating your wounds. Which means your stuck wherever you are, with whatever you have at hand. And if some monster comes along, smelling your blood, say sayonara. Really though Mr. Person, you must taste very good to monsters lol They keep attacking you for your sweet, sweet flesh.

My only suggestions is to hole up in a defensible position and rest up, like I did. Once your wounds are 3 or below, it should be safe to move without your organs falling out. Remember you'll be lucky to do half of the actions that you try on a turn, due to pain, so plan accordingly.

I got beat up pretty bad a few turns ago. If i didn't bind my wounds in 2-3 turns, (I was lucky enough to healing stuff and skill) I would of probably died of blood loss, and I only had one medium wound and one bad wound. So...you wanna attend to those. Put pressure on your largest chest wound, that will help a bit.

And in the likely chance of your death, I will memorialize you by finding your corpse and turning your skull into a soup bowl. A worthy trophy for a worthy foe.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2009, 11:57:49 am »

((Grrr... I had the entire thing posted when the internet froze and it got lost. I'll work on reposting it again later. Sigh. I'll try to remember what happened the first time. No one died. Yet.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2009, 12:50:47 pm »

lol

I think you should write out the turns in microsoft word/notepad etc. then copy paste them into the reply box.

Innovation! ;)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53