Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44726 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok then. I retrace my steps to outside, and scavenge plants and stuff. I should be good at this, I'm an elf.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I must return!

Name: Zestorum.
Race: Liche Elf.
Class: Bowman/Assassin.
Weapon: Bow and arrows.
Skills: Bowmanship and stealth.
Traits: Sharpshooter (+1 to marksmanship), Stubborn.

Is this okay?

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

((Heh. Dwarmin is very much correct in his assessment. I don't MAKE exciting things happen to you. Unless you happen to be in an area that is already quite dangerous. Certain areas of the fortress are still considered reasonably 'safe', or can be made that way. Of course, the deeper you go, the harder such things will be to find. Outside, for example, is still very much a wilderness. It's been left untouched for centuries. And if you look at the map of the area
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You'll notice that some areas are Terrifying and others are not so much. Where you are determines what you find. Sleeping inside the wall was safe because it's still maintained by the dwarves for example. A sentient enemy (like insectoid) could get to where you were, but undead (at least mindless ones) could not. But you surely won't find food plants inside an entirely stone structure, unless it's being cultivated by dwarves. I give all sorts of little hints as to what is useable and what can be done sometimes, but the depth of your action determines what you do. Remember each turn is roughly an hour. But the area is huge. There is a lot of little stuff that can be found if you look.

Zestorum, you're back on the waiting list. It looks fine and I'll put you down as a ranged assassin. I assume you meant lithe, instead of liche (which I believe is a fruit, but since a 'fruity' elf is equally appropriate I'm just guessing you meant lithe).

And yes, Dwarmin, you have every right to be paranoid about something like that. If I consider the undead status to be a disease like Mad cow or something, eating out of the brain-pan of an undead creature could very well afflict you with a similar condition.))

Day 2, Turn 3: Dwarmin (5!), Sephiroth (4!), Mr. Person (6!); New order: Mr. Person, Dwarmin, Sephiroth.

Mr. Person-

Dwarmin-

Sephiroth-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:23:05 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/Hack/DF) (Day 2: Turn 3:Numbskull goats!)
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2009, 12:46:28 pm »

In fact you didn't get my PM, I very much want in on this.

Weedo Su the Human Monk. Monk by class decree anyway. He's more of a disciplined tactician than an orderly monk. Still more of a hand-to-hand fighter. If it's possible I'd prefer a fur or leather cape rather than a weapon.

Technically I PM'd you yesterday and should be in front of zestorum, but I won't get pushy. I'm just itching to get in on this horrible mess of a ruined fort. Gleeee.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2009, 01:20:33 pm »

Little, It looks like I still need my recovery roll

Actions
Toss some more wood to get the fire nice and hot.

It's time to cauterize my leg wound. My flint and steel aren't in my inventory, but I assume they're nearby.

Go into a trance first to try to lessen the pain, and bite down on a stick.
If I maintain my trance through the pain, use it to communicate with the Goddess, and try to learn her true name and what acts she want's me to commit, what make her angry, and her true name translated into Kobold speak of course.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2009, 01:21:08 pm »

Anti-Paragon, I must have missed my PM. As it did have a time stamp on it I can confirm that you did respond before Zestorum and are indeed in front of him in the line-up. Your character is approved and I do accept starting equipment recommendations, although, depending on your roll you may or may not get it.

Sorry, Zestorum, you're still in line and your character is definitely approved. It's very possible that someone may just die, due to poor rolls or a random encounter. Nobody's really gotten anything terribly bad. Except possibly Cius' Giant Eagle. Those things are just nasty. Had it been undead it would have been worse. lol.

I'll get on your recovery roll there Dwarmin. Post will be modified.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »

Straight south-west, searching for this 'pull of nature' that should lead me to plants, etc.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2009, 08:34:41 pm »

Oh, right. Screw me. I knew about the water, I was just in such as rush to get some food I didn't care, even if it was a free action. In any case, using the lamp, make a fire in the hallway. Use random plants and, hopefully, a really young tower-cap or two. Pick and save a couple of the same mushrooms I used last time, but if I can't tell, don't use more mushrooms. Afterwards, start a fire in the room. Burn the stuff in the way of the doors, specifically. Clear anything else nearby out of the way. Smokey would be pissed at me. Finally, if I have time, wash my wounds and then try to make a soup with the waterskin and the plants I picked earlier. The waterskin should be ok, it's unicorn leather, after all. I don't mind walking around with all my water being in soup form, it's ok. It'll be a real thin soup anyways, it's mostly for flavor.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2009, 04:08:16 am »

Is tehstefan still playing or has he been skipped? Also, yes I meant lithe.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2009, 08:23:16 am »

I actually sent a message to Tehstefan welcoming him to the game, no posts from him or responses, so I doubt he is playing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2009, 12:04:11 pm »

((Tehstefan hasn't responded yet. I pm'd him as well, as I do for everyone on the wait list. So, he's out. Anti-Paragon, you're in as Weedo-su, the Human monk. Your sheet is up and ready, looks like you rolled really well for a starting character. I'll need your first action as well as your starting location. You have the advantage of knowing where some things are now, but your character doesn't. Just keep that in mind. You have until Saturday to respond, at which point if you haven't, Zestorum is up again.))

Day 2, Turn 4:Mr. Person (3!,5!), Dwarmin (3!,6!), Sephiroth (1!); New order: Dwarmin, Mr. Person, Sephiroth

Dwarmin-

Mr. Person-

Sephiroth-
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:34:21 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got time now, good. Drink a good bit of the water, try and heat up the soup, and possibly gather more plump helmets. Oh, and put out the lantern, if it's still on.

Btw, you forgot to do a healing roll for me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Yeah, but you should have to roll for sense. If you attempt to normal backstab a zombie, you just might end up leaving a puncture wound (which will do nothing).  Or you might end up stabbing their spine, or breaking a limb.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lucky me? Lol

Eat a piece of cooked meat, take a swig of my waterskin.

Try to heal my leg by calling on Elyvilon.

then....relax, take a nap by the fire.

Edited!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:05:09 pm by Dwarmin »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry zchris13. I disagree. The sucess of the attack will determine what damage you do, not your common sense. Though I do roll for hit location. So there will not be double rolls for the attack itself. Certain weapon types are, of course, more successful against undead. But if you've played Crawl it's actually possible to backstab anything. As long as they don't see you coming you do extra damage on your first attack with a chance to kill outright. Of course Sephiroth isn't sneaking around at the moment, but if he tries to backstab something I may assume it's implied.

Oh, and Dwarmin, Invocation isn't something you can 'practice'. You invoke or you don't. So if you say practice I'll assume you're invoking minor healing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53