Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress of Bones RTD(Crawl/DF) (Day 6, Turn 2:You've got a bug on you...)  (Read 44727 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Bones RTD (Crawl/Hack/DF) (Turn 16:I slept like the dead!)
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2009, 01:11:28 pm »

Head outside to the lake-drink from it and refill my water skin.
Then search for bundles of dry wood (to make a splint and firewood) before heading back in to the fort.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:13:36 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »

I emerge from my hiding spot, hands held high, and ask if they have any spare food or water for me to have. I make sure they can see my dagger.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2009, 06:46:45 pm »

I'll attempt to become invisible.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:44 am »

The night-time action is now finished. Mr. Person and Sephiroth, I'll need a Day 2, Turn 1 from you.

Sorry Zestorum. Sleeping in an unsecured slugman infested fortress was a bad idea apparenly. I'll update the first couple of pages later today. You're on the High score list though! Official cause of death is: Eaten away by acid. Which happened to be coating your head.

Serephe, you're up! I'll have your character up later today. I'll give you till monday, at which point you're a no show and Reece is then up.

Again, I should point out that it's rather easy to die. A single bad choice likely won't kill you, unless it's a really bad one. And combat is very balanced. You're not overpowered compared to the monsters. At least, not yet. Make good decisions and you might be able to keep yourself alive.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:50:17 am by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take the crown and scepter, climb down, put on the crown, and head back down the way I was going last night. You never know, the crown might be magic :D
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eat, Drink, and listen for running water.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 2, Turn 1:Order:Sephiroth (1!), Dwarmin (6!), Mr. Person (3!); New order: Dwarmin, Mr. Person, Sephiroth

Dwarmin-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. Person-

Sephiroth-

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just wanna get this out here, the turn before I starve, pray.

Yeah, keep going. Fast. To whoever's next in line, prepare to take my spot.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least Zestorum got to die in his sleep-lucky him!

Actions
Start a fire, warm myself up a bit.

Then do a thorough search of the area, for old tools, scraps of leather and cloth etc, anything that looks useful. Make sure to pick up a roundish rock that could be used for smoothing bones.

Finally scavenge the goats remains for
-2 femur's
-a bone that that could be used as a needle
-a Skull or something that could possibly be used as a bowl

EDIT:Try to move the bandage on my head so it doesn't obscure my vision-remove it temporarily if I'm not bleeding too bad, and put it back on when i'm done searching.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:06:40 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the dwarves are still around, go for a sneaking stab. If not, look for them and do the above. Because they are almost living in here, they'd have some loot.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 2, Turn 2 Order:Dwarmin (5!), Mr. Person (1!), Sephiroth (2!); New order: Dwarmin, Sephiroth, Mr. Person

Dwarmin:

Sephiroth-

Mr. Person-

Serephe, you haven't posted. Sorry, you're removed from the list due to inactivity. tehstefan, you have until Wednesday to post your first action and starting location. Your character sheet is up and ready. Unfortunately you had some severe mishaps while travelling here and seem to have lost most of your equipment and were forced to eat your horse. Or at least most of it. See inventory for remaining parts.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:38:51 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time to elevate that leg and take a rest by the fire.

Try to turn the femurs into a workable pestle (smooth out the top) and knife (smash a femur into chips and choose the best piece to sharpen).

Shape and hollow the skull into a bowl.

Make sure to burn organic matter off any bones I use.

If I make a knife, practice whittling to kill time. Try to whittles myself up a wooden hilt/handguard to complete the knife.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:29:01 pm by Dwarmin »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

om nom nom nom delicious plants. Yes, eat the random plants growing in this hell hole. I'll probably get poisoned, but that's one way to get PR in Nethack, so here we go! Besiders, being poisoned is better than starving.

For reference, the glowing plants are the tower-caps, right? If not, I just found a torch, but no way I can fell a tower-cap with my bare hands.

Then check the doors, starting with whichever appears larger, (since I don't know direction). If it's openable, go through it, otherwise go to the other one. If that one is openable, go though it, otherwise try and clear a path to one of the doors.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Search like all hell for food/water.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mr. Person, in a *ideal* situation you could probably boil mushrooms to make them slightly less dangerous. Not that you have much of a choice now heh

Sephiroth, you could be more specific, so you know, Paul doesn't make something "exciting" happen to you.

Really though, it would be sad if I had to loot your emaciated corpses.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53