Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Worst artifacts list  (Read 10980 times)

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst artifacts list
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2009, 02:13:53 pm »

Since when do hammerers pick up other hammers?

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2009, 03:08:43 pm »

Must've been the captain of the guard then.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2009, 06:34:59 pm »

Since when do hammerers pick up other hammers?

A guy picked up one of the deadliest possible melee weapons in the game and started smashing everybody in sight with it.  Does it really matter who it was? ;)
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2009, 07:19:21 pm »

I think I have the worst 2-artifact streak.  First "Glitteredimages the Deified Sadness," an alder piccolo.  Next:  "Wealthsizzled the Yearling of Apes," an alder flute.  Even the names sound miserable.

Too bad this isn't in the next release, where instruments might be playable.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2009, 08:27:08 pm »

That might be a great thing - or not.  It's still completely unclear what the armor modifier for artifacts is.  (I'd agree 100% if you said you'd still feel better if it wasn't bone.)

It's decently useful, yes, but it's worth 3000. That's pretty pitiful for an artifact.

I'm curious, is there a link between how much wealth a fortress has and how complex the artifacts they make are? I've never seen an artifact that required more than three things, yet some people have artifacts worth hundreds of thousands of db using upwards of six materials.

I partially take back what I said. One of my legendary wrestlers (now training to be a hammerdwarf) picked it up, it's kind of cool to see a soldier running around with a piece of artifact equipment. It is sad that his breastplate is worth over three times as much as something that's taking up one of my artifact slots though.

On the plus side, my next mood made an artifact armor rack and a legendary carpenter. I have to remember to disable rent, I have masterwork beds.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Bel-Shamharoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009, 05:12:34 am »

Hi, yesterday i got a pretty crappy artifact....

still worth 96k and took my -previously unused- gem cutter to legendary....

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2009, 06:54:41 am »

Not entirely useless as gem cutters are useful. I don't think the artifact gem can increase room value, but dwarves may still admire it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2009, 08:36:51 am »

In my experience, having skilled gem cutters can be detrimetal, as they produce a lot mor "Large" gems rather than the ones you can decorate furniture with.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2009, 12:13:06 pm »

In my experience, having skilled gem cutters can be detrimetal, as they produce a lot mor "Large" gems rather than the ones you can decorate furniture with.

I just love large gems. I always end up making a special stockpile just for them, and once I have the wealth for it, I start buying more from the merchants. Often at 200%. What else am I going to do with all those masterpiece stone mugs, anyway? 

I do the same for skull totems. Everyone needs a hobby.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2009, 12:32:28 pm »

With a legendary gem cutter, you can just make raw green glass and then cut them for easy to make masterwork trade goods while you train up your glass makers.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Bel-Shamharoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 01:15:45 pm »

With a legendary gem cutter, you can just make raw green glass and then cut them for easy to make masterwork trade goods while you train up your glass makers.
sounds interesting  ;D

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 02:58:52 pm »

I got a masterquality loin cloth made with three kinds of leather. It also has a large diamond in it.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 03:12:25 pm »

That is just so trashy.  Like the high-heeled shoes with goldfish mini-carp in them.

I think I have the worst 2-artifact streak.  First "Glitteredimages the Deified Sadness," an alder piccolo.  Next:  "Wealthsizzled the Yearling of Apes," an alder flute.  Even the names sound miserable.

Now those are truly lame artifacts.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 06:13:03 pm »

Sunnydaggers, a granite quern encrusted with tigerseye.  Worth all of 4800 dwarfbucks.  Since I use a millstone for my flour needs I don't even really have that much use for it.  There is a bit of a happy ending, though, since it resulted in the legendary mason I use to make masterwork native platinum statues and other items for noble rooms.

Plus, an iron flask that used up two bars of iron that, though I'm not short of it, I still would prefer to ration just in case.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »

Every bar of iron is a special and precious commodity. every block of obsidian, copper, silver and kimberlite is special, because without it, your craftsdwarves would make platinum piccolos :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8