Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176197 times)

Judenbaer

• Bay Watcher
  • Sprechen Sie Dick?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER 1.01 Release]
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2009, 03:42:46 pm »

I've got plenty of other stuff if you want it.  Mostly new weapons and ammo, one new armor type, so forth.

Ammo (A note: I've got the damages rebalanced.  Vanilla bolts and arrows do 100, I've set bolts to 70 and named them "quarrels", and arrows are now 30.  Still quite deadly, but less hand-cannon'y).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weapons

Armor

Edit: I can confirm that the Mountainhome will send Scalemail, but I can't say if it works yet or not, or if it can be made at the fort or not.

That arrow nerf should hold me over untill Toady releases the next version, where they're supposedly not as mp40+small chainsaw-esque.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2009, 08:59:15 pm »

I fear adding to much as all of this new stuff will make my creation lists too long. Also, how do you set the damage modifier for different stones in relation to [CAN_STONE]? I don't want to allow other types of stone to be used for weapons unless I can modify how effective they are. Obsidian is much sharper than flint when made into a blade.

Oh, and does anyone want to try and make a graphics set for some of the new race/creatures. To many of the look the same and with my tileset the xelics and dynasauri are both cabinets. I tried my hand at it, but I haven't managed anything that looks good. The xelics always come out fat, with bad heads, and the dynasauri look like they haven't eaten in many years.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:28 pm »

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the implications of adding [SHARP] to stones means an automatic 50% (Edit: I...think?  I'm actually not sure, I haven't looked into it yet because I'm lazy).  I did it mostly because Obsidian, for me, tends to be fairly rare, especially when compared to other stones that were commonly used for weaponry.  Nearly every world I've gen'd has a fairly high concentration of flint.

I was also especially annoyed by the lack of [CAN_STONE] items due to the fact that spears, maces, and basic (if highly breakable) axes were all possible and somewhat common to our ancestors.  Makes sense that the Dwarves of all races would know how to use it.  Currently I haven't added [CAN_STONE] to the basic mace yet, but I might shortly.

So far I've had no problems navigating the Craftsdwarf shops with the amount of stone weaponry available, it comes out to less than, or exactly at, one page worth at best.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:16:02 pm by Shima »
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2009, 01:13:58 pm »

Well, I have heard and seen from elsewhere that obsidian weapons are somewhere around the strength of steel. I guess the represents their razor sharp edges. But I have a feeling that the [SHARP] tag will have the same effect on flint, which is quite wrong.

Try the smith, I am talking about the full list of weapons.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2009, 02:45:11 pm »

Ahh, yes, the FULL list.  Well, of course it's long, but I've been working on specifically balancing so that each has it's own minute advantages over the others - haven't finished doing that yet though, at least not with the full list.  What few times I have access to metal, I never had problems making what I want done (Thankfully, it's all segregated by metal type).

Especially since Dwarfs don't get ALL of those, I split the weapons up throughout the DF races and my own (Added Snakemen, Lizardmen, and Bandits from another mod).  After all, Dwarves shouldn't be making, say, Elven Sabres at their forges, that's High Treason!

Edit: My favorite of the foodstuffs I added.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:02:19 pm by Shima »

Oh Armok, the spice.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2009, 06:43:32 am »

Oh, Shima. Your metal-poor fortresses make me wish I'd saved the seed of the world that had that site with dolomite, magma, magnetite and coal out the wazoo, and a border-aquifer.

Imma see if I can find it in my recycle bin.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2009, 07:40:02 am »

I got semi-lucky with the latest one.  While digging out the apartment blocs, I managed to dig right into a deposit of hematite and platinum.  The problem here, well, I'm in the middle of a scrubland (Evil one, trying to spot a new creature I added to make sure it works since it's highly non-standard) with no access to magma and short wood supplies.

And constant attacks by Zombies.  Not the regular kind, a modded in Civ kind that poison you very badly if they bite and love to attack.  Think Orcs, except they don't bleed or breathe.

Oh Armok, the spice.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:29 pm »

I finally took a detailed look at this mod. Its pretty sweet. It includes most of the features I have to sort through and re-add in by hand everytime I forget where I put my copy of DF on my disorganized computer/update to a new version...PLUS more! I'll definately be using this now as a base atop my vanilla DF, it'll save me a ton of work.

ADD ME.

P.S. Yes, you'd be amazed how often I really do reinstall DF. I probably have like 40 complete installations of it on my computer. I have no idea why I reinstall it so often.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:04:20 pm by lastofthelight »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2009, 07:52:55 am »

I finally took a detailed look at this mod. Its pretty sweet. It includes most of the features I have to sort through and re-add in by hand everytime I forget where I put my copy of DF on my disorganized computer/update to a new version...PLUS more! I'll definately be using this now as a base atop my vanilla DF, it'll save me a ton of work.

ADD ME.

P.S. Yes, you'd be amazed how often I really do reinstall DF. I probably have like 40 complete installations of it on my computer. I have no idea why I reinstall it so often.

Testimony added to the front page!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2009, 03:34:00 pm »

this mod kicks arse, what graphics tile sets does this work with and how can I get them to work?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2009, 04:59:53 pm »

Hmmm, why can't I build magma forge & smelters  >:(  ??? ( they don't show up in workshop / furnace menus )

EDIT: They show up in Vanilla DF
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:07:04 pm by funkytrix »
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2009, 03:19:43 pm »

Hmmm, why can't I build magma forge & smelters  >:(  ??? ( they don't show up in workshop / furnace menus )

You can only build them on a map that has magma. That's same as vanilla...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2009, 12:58:16 am »

Orc wresters = naked
Orc hammerers = full steel

?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2009, 04:35:30 am »

You can only build them on a map that has magma. That's same as vanilla...

Maybe I should've added THERE IS MAGMA.

The problem is I don't have magma buildings showing up in the building menus... And I have no idea why  ???
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

Kohou

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the Armok do you think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2009, 08:30:14 am »

Is it possible to combine this with the Civ Forge or Legendary Lands mods? 
Or do they both use too many similar things?
"Don't worry Urist, the spider can't hurt us! He's trapped in an invisible box!"

"Don't dig for you!  Dig for me who digs for you!  Yours is the pick that will strike the earth!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57