Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176346 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER 1.01 Release]
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2009, 12:30:42 pm »

Umm... wow.
I'm definitely gonna mod a lot of this in when my current forts end.
I'd imagine the extra toys would get annoying though, unless of course, you somehow managed to find a way to make it so that you could pick what toy gets crafted...

Anyways, this looks great.
The RAR is going to stay in my mod archives.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it. I put maybe 100+ hours into it so it balances nicely  :).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Beacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf-Beacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 03:41:02 am »

Well done mate, this is great fun. I'm starting a plains fort by a river, and there are so many rabbits and pheasants for hunting, I don't see us going hungry :D

Good job, keep it up.

- Beacon

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2009, 06:48:19 pm »

You haven't seen any of the other new additions roaming around have you? No skeletal raptors yet  :D?

Let me know how ruthless the orcs are in this version. I hardcore nerfed them. Before they were attacking once per season. They should be a BIT less active now.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 08:11:45 pm »

I have some bugs with Dig Deeper 1.01

- On some embarks, Food simply will not grow in underground (or aboveground) farms

- Military dwarves no longer start with weapons, shields, or armor! (Very serious, as i rely on starting equip to protect initial dwarves) I suspect this has something to do with the name change from "steel" to "patterned steel" thus making the supposed starting equip obsolete

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:46 pm »

I have some bugs with Dig Deeper 1.01

- On some embarks, Food simply will not grow in underground (or aboveground) farms

- Military dwarves no longer start with weapons, shields, or armor! (Very serious, as i rely on starting equip to protect initial dwarves) I suspect this has something to do with the name change from "steel" to "patterned steel" thus making the supposed starting equip obsolete

Thank you for the feedback. Food now takes a lot longer to grow. You can expect to wait up to a whole season before you see a harvest. This also means you shouldn't plant just before Winter or your crops will fail. Most if not all of the added crops are above-ground crops.

And as far as I know the only dwarf to start with free (leather) armor is a hunter... I didn't think any of the others started with free equipment... Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Faenaris

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »

Indeed, only hunters (meaning, only dwarfs with a dominant hunter profession) will receive leather armour, a crossbow and some steel bolts at embark.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2009, 07:02:23 pm »

Just figured out how to get this thing to work, and just genned a new large world for my first game(s). You can go ahead and add me if you want.

And I just realized I have the last version of dig deeper. Can I just replace the files and continue in my little world or do I have to delete everything and start over?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:48:55 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2009, 11:33:09 pm »

Just figured out how to get this thing to work, and just genned a new large world for my first game(s). You can go ahead and add me if you want.

And I just realized I have the last version of dig deeper. Can I just replace the files and continue in my little world or do I have to delete everything and start over?

Welcome to our little sub-community  :). I hope you are enjoying the mod!

If you replace the files but don't regenerate your world you should only see the changes made since the last version. You won't get any of the new content.

I recommend finishing up with your current fortress and then genning a new world after that, there will always be updates but that doesn't mean everyone has to be upgraded to the latest and greatest version, people are free to move on at their own pace, just means you guys might skip an update and end up getting 2x the content  ;).

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 12:13:47 pm »

So far so good.

If you replace the files but don't regenerate your world you should only see the changes made since the last version. You won't get any of the new content.

Awwwwww...
 Updating the files will have no effect on my current fortress, right?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 02:07:05 pm »

So far so good.

Awwwwww...

Unfortunately, no it will not.

The new version does have some significant nerfs to the orcs so it is recommended to make the eventual transition.

Judenbaer

• Bay Watcher
  • Sprechen Sie Dick?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 05:56:40 pm »

Thanks. This has made DF much funner.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »

So far so good.

Awwwwww...

Unfortunately, no it will not.

The new version does have some significant nerfs to the orcs so it is recommended to make the eventual transition.

Well, after an incident involving a fire man golem, a first try at reclaiming, a forced exit and a corrupted save file, I will now be upgrading to the newest version of Dig Deeper.

Let's see if I get a tyrannosaurs in the first year!

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 11:39:16 pm »

Here's an easy suggestion you can consider (I did this to my personal version of the game).

New foods.  Adds variety if nothing else, they work as far as I've played, which is enough to get most of them (except the fine meals).  The game pretty much treats them like instruments and toys, it'll randomly pick something from the list and that'll get cooked.

Code's here if you or anyone else wants to use 'em.  You wouldn't believe how hard it is to actually find what could be considered "neutral" prepared meals.  We humans eat way too much that's basically just a cooked hunk of meat.  Speaking of which, I don't even know if "steak" counts, but I included that anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2009, 05:23:46 am »

Here's an easy suggestion you can consider (I did this to my personal version of the game).

New foods.  Adds variety if nothing else, they work as far as I've played, which is enough to get most of them (except the fine meals).  The game pretty much treats them like instruments and toys, it'll randomly pick something from the list and that'll get cooked.

Code's here if you or anyone else wants to use 'em.  You wouldn't believe how hard it is to actually find what could be considered "neutral" prepared meals.  We humans eat way too much that's basically just a cooked hunk of meat.  Speaking of which, I don't even know if "steak" counts, but I included that anyway.

Wow... Much appreciated! Adding you to the README buddy and I'll definitely get some of that content in  :).

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:28 am »

I've got plenty of other stuff if you want it.  Mostly new weapons and ammo, one new armor type, so forth.

Ammo (A note: I've got the damages rebalanced.  Vanilla bolts and arrows do 100, I've set bolts to 70 and named them "quarrels", and arrows are now 30.  Still quite deadly, but less hand-cannon'y).

Weapons

Armor

Edit: I can confirm that the Mountainhome will send Scalemail, but I can't say if it works yet or not, or if it can be made at the fort or not.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:50:56 pm by Shima »
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57