Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176347 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER] 0.97b (NEW RELEASE)
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:07 am »

A simple way to install the mod without any of the CHANGES but all of the ADDITIONS is simply to plunk the mod over your existing game and select DON'T OVERWRITE ANYTHING.

All additions are in separate files. Only changes overwrite files.

PS: Work on the new version is going good +50 changes.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 05:43:43 pm »

Well, I've still made changes to the Addition files, so I still had to look through each of those. And I look through the rest for possible changes that could rely on each other.

Also, I no longer get a steel battle axe on embark, or an anvil. Why does this happen?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:14:27 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:20 pm »

Well, I've still made changes to the Addition files, so I still had to look through each of those. And I look through the rest for possible changes that could rely on each other.

Also, I no longer get a steel battle axe on embark, or an anvil. Why does this happen?

You have a 50% chance of getting a steel hatchet instead, does the same thing.

You should still be getting an anvil... But it should be worth half as much... Unless you've messed with the METALS folder I don't see why you wouldn't.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 09:06:16 pm »

Actually, I messed with it less than normal, because I only took a few of the metals from the mod. Titanium and the golds. Now all metal items (except two picks) on the list are made of types of gold, and there is no hatchet or axe, or anvil. Also, I did take into account more realistic values for bronze and iron, but I didn't take it as far you. For one thing, iron holds a edge better than bronze, and is generally more durable.
 It's possible a lot of my problem comes from trying to mix parts of both this mod and Civilization Forge. Although I made sure to go through all of the files (this time too) to prevent conflictions, there seems to be some problem with how the civilization embark decides what you get. I have been trying to divide my problems between the two threads by looking at what specific thing each is linked to.

(Although I am still not sure which mod I got the golems from, apparently the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag made Diorite Golem meat and Diorite Golem bone crafts start appearing in places.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 02:54:38 am »

I am considering awarding this mod with the highest honor: being put on my desktop so I know which version of DF is my fave.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:48 am »

(Although I am still not sure which mod I got the golems from, apparently the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag made Diorite Golem meat and Diorite Golem bone crafts start appearing in places.)

This is the primary problem with golems. They should have [NOMEAT] and such tags.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER] 1.01 [NEW RELEASE]
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 08:46:03 am »

Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER V1.01 Released!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980

Faenaris

Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER 1.01 Release]
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 08:56:02 am »

You crank em out fast, The13thRonin! Barely have the time to 'finish' a fort. ^^

So, what's new? I spot an Orc worldgen nerf, but any others?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 09:16:06 am »

You crank em out fast, The13thRonin! Barely have the time to 'finish' a fort. ^^

So, what's new? I spot an Orc worldgen nerf, but any others?

General balancing, LOTS of new engravings, new creatures (some domestic and a new MEGABEAST)!, new extracts a new metal (type of patterned steel), tweaks to the gems and isolation of jade into two two counterparts (realistically). New toy. Cave honey/mead! New plants, some new dyes, new drinks, a new source of wood: Tulipwood. Four new helmets and a new armor-type.

If I update to fast for you finish your forts... The changes can wait... You will need to gen a new world though! I do have a surprise side-project for you guys too though. I'm trying my hand at altering RantingRodent's dwarven graphics set! You can find it at the link below... Here's how it looks so far... Just minor changes mind you all credit to Sphr and RantingRodent.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1056

Here's the preview of what I've changed:

Brim on carpenters hat reduced to a beanie, the woodcutter also has had his axe thrown over his shoulder. I gave the dungeon master beady red eyes. The furnace dwarf has gained a mask and a torch (the torch is courtesy of Beefmo). The Dwarven prisoner has had his feet redone to be standing. The siege operator has got a facemask/helmet and a piece of metal body armor.

You guys like?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:20:59 am by The13thRonin »

Faenaris

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 09:25:50 am »

Much thanks for posting about the new features! I don't mind upgrading and regenning, it's all about trying out new stuff! And every fortress has a new story, so, I don't mind. ^^

And me like the graphics A LOT! I'm a very big fan of RantingRodent's set and if you are tweaking it, I can only say: HURRAY! Will you try to add new graphics for your new creatures too? That would be totally awesome. I'm already playing your mod using the default ASCI set, but having a graphic set would make this mod even more shiny. :)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 09:28:59 am »

Much thanks for posting about the new features! I don't mind upgrading and regenning, it's all about trying out new stuff! And every fortress has a new story, so, I don't mind. ^^

And me like the graphics A LOT! I'm a very big fan of RantingRodent's set and if you are tweaking it, I can only say: HURRAY! Will you try to add new graphics for your new creatures too? That would be totally awesome. I'm already playing your mod using the default ASCI set, but having a graphic set would make this mod even more shiny. :)

I guess I could give it a shot when I get the time  :).

Faenaris

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 11:00:23 am »

I guess I could give it a shot when I get the time  :).

Urist be praised!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 11:19:13 am »

Ah, old good Sphr's graphics set.
I must say, now it's possible to think that siege operator is a dungeon master at the first glance. I preferred the version with a helmet. Other than that, it's good.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 11:26:28 am »

Ah, old good Sphr's graphics set.
I must say, now it's possible to think that siege operator is a dungeon master at the first glance. I preferred the version with a helmet. Other than that, it's good.

Thanks for the feedback... I'll have to make them a bit more dissimilar. But are you kidding me? That helmet was UGH... The Siege Operator and the new Woodcutter are my pride and joy!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2009, 10:11:12 pm »

Umm... wow.
I'm definitely gonna mod a lot of this in when my current forts end.
I'd imagine the extra toys would get annoying though, unless of course, you somehow managed to find a way to make it so that you could pick what toy gets crafted...

Anyways, this looks great.
The RAR is going to stay in my mod archives.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57