Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807654 times)

Nannek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13470 on: June 13, 2010, 02:27:08 pm »

Calm down zchris...  so what if they have different styles?  I don't see any huge big fight going on and I'd say actually linking it to us is one hell of a kind gesture.

On another note, would you guys mind if we used a couple of the things in there with not too much modification as long as we give full credit where it's due?

Use anything you like so long as you give credit!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: June 13, 2010, 02:27:19 pm »

Well, thats different though isnt it? I mean, you won't have sewers and stuff on SS13.

I am DLing code now, doest this include Persh's version of the languages system, whereby there are languages and not just if statements? I tried integrating Persh's with ours but I failed miserably.
If it does and we include it (I feel it would be easier to assimilate than Persh's since Persh's is from like 2 years ago) then I can add that translator I coded.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: June 13, 2010, 02:39:22 pm »

oh dem gewns.
Makes me proud to, technically, be one <3
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: June 13, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »

You could always make it admin only :P
Although I am not a huge fan of Iron man...

Besides, Qwerty posted a similar idea...a while ago. A super heavy suit that was almost invincible, but slowed movement to a super-slow speed.

I feel making admin-only toys sets a bad precedent.

Did you hear any of us say that it was an 'admin toy set'?

Pretty much what Googol said.

Mono, we have awesome atmos now. And networking, but only for the AI.

???

Moving right along: I can't imagine a single occurrance where a Nanotrasen Brand Assault Power Armor would ever be required in a Research/Mining station, unless it was being repaired or developed or something. (Maybe it spawn it with a random critical flaw, like overheating, nonfunctional motivators, inoperable weapon systems, uppity/glitchy onboard AI, or tendency to smash through walls at bad moments (takes two steps instead of one) or simply a network error that prevents it from starting up)

A longshoreman bot is almost a necessity though.

Being admin-only spawnable is not being an admin toy.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13474 on: June 13, 2010, 03:50:36 pm »

You could always make it admin only :P
Although I am not a huge fan of Iron man...

Besides, Qwerty posted a similar idea...a while ago. A super heavy suit that was almost invincible, but slowed movement to a super-slow speed.

I feel making admin-only toys sets a bad precedent.

Did you hear any of us say that it was an 'admin toy set'?

Pretty much what Googol said.

Mono, we have awesome atmos now. And networking, but only for the AI.

???

Moving right along: I can't imagine a single occurrance where a Nanotrasen Brand Assault Power Armor would ever be required in a Research/Mining station, unless it was being repaired or developed or something. (Maybe it spawn it with a random critical flaw, like overheating, nonfunctional motivators, inoperable weapon systems, uppity/glitchy onboard AI, or tendency to smash through walls at bad moments (takes two steps instead of one) or simply a network error that prevents it from starting up)

A longshoreman bot is almost a necessity though.

Let me quote where the vague idea that I had posted something on it came from...

3. Bomb removal equipment. I know, its from goon, but occationally there is a bomb situation in which the traitor has you. What if he has a suicide vest? There isnt much you can do, but watch him blow up something. There is the suicide command, and its gets risky. Bomb removal equipment protect damage from 500 degree bombs, and you survive really big bombs(you can figure out the limit). While in the equipment, you move half speed.

I mused about a possibility of an engine maintainence suit that would basically be a wearable tank, but be really slow. If it were especially resistant to bombs, then it would give traitors even more of a reason to infiltrate engineering. A practical idea would be to make it unpushable and immune to airflow, with it's only weakness being a full toolbox and then some other stuff on top of that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While I was looking, I came across this:
Maybe add a cloning tube, monkey-sized. Once activated, it starts, and 5 minutes later creates a new monkey.

Can accept raw DMA and make something of it, but rejects those that, after two minutes, reveal to be too large to clone(non-monkey).

(Only *one* new reply, despite how long I was looking? Wow.)
Eh?
Eh!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13475 on: June 13, 2010, 04:15:06 pm »

Why limit it to monkies? The only difference in DNA is one gene.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: June 13, 2010, 04:58:33 pm »

Because human clones are annoying enough when they are hard(er) to make alive.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: June 13, 2010, 05:29:48 pm »

Plus, there is ethical concerns, as mentioned in the Motb. Having a bunch of humans running around to be tested on isnt very ethical, from what we know. Monkies, its ok, because we dont care about monkies.

"Edit" I was thinking, police need something to highlight someone when they are under arrest. The closest thing I can think of that wouldnt be game breaking or too hard to code would be some kind of mini tractor beam. When used in a direction, it holds any person or object in place. It has a charge. It say a msg like "Toolbox is being tractored by Urist!". The charge would probably last for 3 minutes...maybe, that part doesnt matter at the moment. Police officers can use this to hold suspects still, so they wont run away. Suspects can still use items and such, they just cant move. This would also help in repair missions, such as when the engineer opens the door, another player can tractor him. There would be one of these in each security locker.

The selection process would also need to be worked on. Perhaps when it is in your hand, you right click a tile, and it says "tractor"---"items/person". Probably a max working distance of 4 tiles away? So

P---P

P=Person
-= Tile

You have to have a straight line of open area for it to work.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:40:15 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: June 13, 2010, 05:36:53 pm »

Despite the horrible idea, have I shown that I can code to a high enough level to help?....

Que drum roll..

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: June 13, 2010, 05:45:04 pm »

Despite the horrible idea, have I shown that I can code to a high enough level to help?....

Queue drum roll..

If you can't spell Queue right, how could we possibly trust you with coding?

Orb: Tasers do the same thing, essentially. Though tractor beam traps would be good. I believe linking guns to triggering mechanisms was discussed at one point.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: June 13, 2010, 05:47:31 pm »

Plus, there is ethical concerns, as mentioned in the Motb. Having a bunch of humans running around to be tested on isnt very ethical, from what we know. Monkies, its ok, because we dont care about monkies.

"Edit" I was thinking, police need something to highlight someone when they are under arrest. The closest thing I can think of that wouldnt be game breaking or too hard to code would be some kind of mini tractor beam. When used in a direction, it holds any person or object in place. It has a charge. It say a msg like "Toolbox is being tractored by Urist!". The charge would probably last for 3 minutes...maybe, that part doesnt matter at the moment. Police officers can use this to hold suspects still, so they wont run away. Suspects can still use items and such, they just cant move. This would also help in repair missions, such as when the engineer opens the door, another player can tractor him. There would be one of these in each security locker.

The selection process would also need to be worked on. Perhaps when it is in your hand, you right click a tile, and it says "tractor"---"items/person". Probably a max working distance of 4 tiles away? So

P---P

P=Person
-= Tile

Outright stopping someone would be sort of lame. Unless... they can use the resist button to get out of it? Like... 10% chance?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: June 13, 2010, 05:54:51 pm »

Queue drum roll..

Orb: Tasers do the same thing, essentially. Though tractor beam traps would be good. I believe linking guns to triggering mechanisms was discussed at one point.

Well im sorry, im doing this off a school computer during IT class, so im rushing. Judging spelling in situation like this is kinda harsh.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: June 13, 2010, 06:13:11 pm »

Queue drum roll..

Tasers stop them for maybe 10 seconds tops, and their speech is slurred. Also, using taser is supposively "police brutality".

P---P

P=Person
-= Tile

Outright stopping someone would be sort of lame. Unless... they can use the resist button to get out of it? Like... 10% chance?

Sounds good, maybe 20% and it says "X is resisting tractor beam".
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

NEOPhyte

• Bay Watcher
  • Fisto: For all your punching needs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: June 13, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »

So, with this shiny Goonstation code, any chance you guys could try importing your map into it to see how it reacts? Because Dream Maker is crashing when I try bringing the Penny Arcade map over.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13484 on: June 13, 2010, 06:16:39 pm »

Nuker has a point. and I too always that queue was que.
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 950