Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807644 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13440 on: June 13, 2010, 07:57:05 am »

Infact, make one of those yellow robot suit things that Ripley uses to fight the alien queen.

It would allow you to pick up heavy stuff with one hand and has a built in welder.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #13441 on: June 13, 2010, 09:00:01 am »

You could always make it admin only :P
Although I am not a huge fan of Iron man...

Besides, Qwerty posted a similar idea...a while ago. A super heavy suit that was almost invincible, but slowed movement to a super-slow speed.

I feel making admin-only toys sets a bad precedent.

Did you hear any of us say that it was an 'admin toy set'?

Pretty much what Googol said.

Mono, we have awesome atmos now. And networking, but only for the AI.

???

Moving right along: I can't imagine a single occurrance where a Nanotrasen Brand Assault Power Armor would ever be required in a Research/Mining station, unless it was being repaired or developed or something. (Maybe it spawn it with a random critical flaw, like overheating, nonfunctional motivators, inoperable weapon systems, uppity/glitchy onboard AI, or tendency to smash through walls at bad moments (takes two steps instead of one) or simply a network error that prevents it from starting up)

A longshoreman bot is almost a necessity though.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

supernorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: June 13, 2010, 10:31:09 am »

This is Supernorn from the Something Awful forums, and main spriter for the Goonstation build of Space Station 13.

Nannek has released a new public build for everyone, which should include pretty much everything up until our Dev build went live in March 2010.  Use the code as you see fit!

I've also taken the liberty of including all the icons i've created, including the mob directional sprites. There's probably a fair chunk missing as i took some things out that i hadn't created. But you're still getting a huge amount of icons out of the goodwill of my heart. The link is here, size is about 40MB: http://blackmage.org/supernorn/Public.rar

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: June 13, 2010, 10:32:26 am »

We could use some sprites, lets at least use the sprites, and the reworked atmos system. Oh, wait, the reworked atmos came with Dev. Well, let's least use the sprites, I suppose.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #13444 on: June 13, 2010, 11:37:54 am »

I'd just like to leave this here. Those of you who were interested in SS13DL with its Heroes game mode and that can actually sprite things: please e-mail me (data@androiddata.net) if you're interested in working with me & Lyndon on a new game.

Please don't bash me. :(

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: June 13, 2010, 11:50:51 am »

Suddenly, everyone appears.
Also it'd probably be a good idea to take the code of teh gewns cause it doesn't lag to shit like ours.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: June 13, 2010, 11:53:35 am »

This is Supernorn from the Something Awful forums, and main spriter for the Goonstation build of Space Station 13.

Nannek has released a new public build for everyone, which should include pretty much everything up until our Dev build went live in March 2010.  Use the code as you see fit!

I've also taken the liberty of including all the icons i've created, including the mob directional sprites. There's probably a fair chunk missing as i took some things out that i hadn't created. But you're still getting a huge amount of icons out of the goodwill of my heart. The link is here, size is about 40MB: http://blackmage.org/supernorn/Public.rar

You have no idea how much this is appreciated.  Seriously.  Thank you.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: June 13, 2010, 12:05:19 pm »

Thank you.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: June 13, 2010, 12:07:47 pm »

Yeah I wouldn't mind starting BS12 off of new code and shat.

Need to re-add atmosphere and stuff though =p if they don't already have it.

Also, I can't actually sprite things so sorry.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: June 13, 2010, 12:11:41 pm »

Aye, thanks. Always appreciated.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: June 13, 2010, 12:37:34 pm »

I don't think we'd throw away our codebase, but I'm certainly not against taking a few lessons from this code...  suffice it to say it's a hell of a lot better organized and such than ours.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: June 13, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »

I think what we need to focus on is comparing ours and they're atmos-Apparantly atmos is a major cause of lag a lot of the time, and the goons managed to reduce it via optimizing it.

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: June 13, 2010, 12:47:54 pm »

Happy Day for BS12

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: June 13, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »

You're super, Supernorn, and you know we all love you, whether we show it secretly or not. Tops or whatever the kids say nowadays.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:53:18 pm by Dr. Johbson »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: June 13, 2010, 12:48:45 pm »

@Data: We don't bash people for showing up and offering us free stuff, even if they are total losers who can't keep themselves on a project.  Good luck finding something interesting.

Also: SWEEEEET FREE SPRITES AND FREE CODE LET'S DO SOMETHING AWESOME LIKE A CENTCOM BAR PARTY HAVE YOU SEEN THE BAR IT'S SO HUGE AND AWESOME.

AGAIN ALSO: We would have to chop out all of the poo and stuff out of the goonstation version if we use their code.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:51:22 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 950