Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807663 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13485 on: June 13, 2010, 06:17:09 pm »

Despite the horrible idea, have I shown that I can code to a high enough level to help?....

Queue drum roll..

If you can't spell Queue right, how could we possibly trust you with coding?

Orb: Tasers do the same thing, essentially. Though tractor beam traps would be good. I believe linking guns to triggering mechanisms was discussed at one point.

Tasers stop them for maybe 10 seconds tops, and their speech is slurred. Also, using taser is supposively "police brutality".
Because human clones are annoying enough when they are hard(er) to make alive.

Plus, there is ethical concerns, as mentioned in the Motb. Having a bunch of humans running around to be tested on isnt very ethical, from what we know. Monkies, its ok, because we dont care about monkies.

"Edit" I was thinking, police need something to highlight someone when they are under arrest. The closest thing I can think of that wouldnt be game breaking or too hard to code would be some kind of mini tractor beam. When used in a direction, it holds any person or object in place. It has a charge. It say a msg like "Toolbox is being tractored by Urist!". The charge would probably last for 3 minutes...maybe, that part doesnt matter at the moment. Police officers can use this to hold suspects still, so they wont run away. Suspects can still use items and such, they just cant move. This would also help in repair missions, such as when the engineer opens the door, another player can tractor him. There would be one of these in each security locker.

The selection process would also need to be worked on. Perhaps when it is in your hand, you right click a tile, and it says "tractor"---"items/person". Probably a max working distance of 4 tiles away? So

P---P

P=Person
-= Tile

You have to have a straight line of open area for it to work.

Outright stopping someone would be sort of lame. Unless... they can use the resist button to get out of it? Like... 10% chance?

Sounds good, maybe 20% and it says "X is resisting tractor beam".

I was thinking 10% because you can spam the resist button easily... unless you want to make it to where you can only resist once every X seconds. In that case, 20% is good.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: June 13, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »

Hey, page 900
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: June 13, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »

Hahaha we all got ninjad.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: June 13, 2010, 06:20:16 pm »

Despite the horrible idea, have I shown that I can code to a high enough level to help?....

Queue drum roll..

If you can't spell Queue right, how could we possibly trust you with coding?

Orb: Tasers do the same thing, essentially. Though tractor beam traps would be good. I believe linking guns to triggering mechanisms was discussed at one point.

Tasers stop them for maybe 10 seconds tops, and their speech is slurred. Also, using taser is supposively "police brutality".
Because human clones are annoying enough when they are hard(er) to make alive.

Plus, there is ethical concerns, as mentioned in the Motb. Having a bunch of humans running around to be tested on isnt very ethical, from what we know. Monkies, its ok, because we dont care about monkies.

"Edit" I was thinking, police need something to highlight someone when they are under arrest. The closest thing I can think of that wouldnt be game breaking or too hard to code would be some kind of mini tractor beam. When used in a direction, it holds any person or object in place. It has a charge. It say a msg like "Toolbox is being tractored by Urist!". The charge would probably last for 3 minutes...maybe, that part doesnt matter at the moment. Police officers can use this to hold suspects still, so they wont run away. Suspects can still use items and such, they just cant move. This would also help in repair missions, such as when the engineer opens the door, another player can tractor him. There would be one of these in each security locker.

The selection process would also need to be worked on. Perhaps when it is in your hand, you right click a tile, and it says "tractor"---"items/person". Probably a max working distance of 4 tiles away? So

P---P

P=Person
-= Tile

You have to have a straight line of open area for it to work.

Outright stopping someone would be sort of lame. Unless... they can use the resist button to get out of it? Like... 10% chance?

Sounds good, maybe 20% and it says "X is resisting tractor beam".

I was thinking 10% because you can spam the resist button easily... unless you want to make it to where you can only resist once every X seconds. In that case, 20% is good.

Right, I thought there was a delay in my mind. 10% would be good. It would also give the resist button a use.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: June 13, 2010, 08:47:33 pm »

At least I believe there isn't a delay. Hmm. We need a server up.

westsider_gw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: June 13, 2010, 09:00:46 pm »

Sorry the server hasnt been up the last couple hours.. been installing updates to the server.
LOTS of software updates.

Its taking forever.. the server was up, but every installer wants the damn computer to restart. >:(

I'll put it up now.. I should be done.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:59 pm »

Sorry the server hasnt been up the last couple hours.. been installing updates to the server.
LOTS of software updates.

Its taking forever.. the server was up, but every installer wants the damn computer to restart. >:(

I'll put it up now.. I should be done.

I'll try to get on this time. Problem is, is that my byond client is out of date. Going to have to find that link to update it somewhere in this thread....

"Edit" Found it on page 885. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:15:08 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: June 13, 2010, 09:19:49 pm »

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: June 13, 2010, 09:54:01 pm »

No server that I can see.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: June 13, 2010, 10:04:01 pm »

You guys sure dont try that hard.

byond://74.194.120.230:9625

His server sometimes(or always?) doesnt show up on the byond client. Use that. This was mentioned about...3 pages ago or something like that.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: June 13, 2010, 10:31:01 pm »

Page 900, still going strong huh. Also, if no one beats me to it, next weekend i'll code that engine suit.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: June 13, 2010, 10:56:48 pm »

Things we need:
  • remote triggers linkable to guns, i.e. traps
  • something that helps me and my team of engineers unload the mining shuttle
  • a mining shuttle to unload
  • a cameo from Ziggy Stardust
  • holograms to aid communication between different areas of the ship. Mostly between bridge and these areas:  medbay, the meeting room, and engineering central. 
  • We really need to pimp out engineering, mappers. Think ladders. Think Star Trek while you map, guys.  Go for that feel, not this crud.  The internal walls are too thick in Ss13, and that is my main complaint.
  • a poster of Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Centcom, as well as posters of both Inaluct and Toady One. We need to be proud of our heritage.  Inaluct is already in the admin room.
  • A graphical airlock hacking interface.  Almost exactly like the currrent one, but with less HTML.
  • better organized code.  It's slowing development.
  • Less drunken Headswe. Fix your…
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: June 13, 2010, 11:03:12 pm »

I'm currently organizing the codebase a bit more, and googol is going to work on incorporating some stuff from the goon release.

Anyways, if any of the Goonstation devs is reading this thread, could you please contact me?  Either PM on here, or search for Sukasa (SteamID Topkasa) on steam, I'd like to ask you guys something directly.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: June 13, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »

Things we need:
  • remote triggers linkable to guns, i.e. traps
  • something that helps me and my team of engineers unload the mining shuttle
  • a mining shuttle to unload
  • a cameo from Ziggy Stardust
  • holograms to aid communication between different areas of the ship. Mostly between bridge and these areas:  medbay, the meeting room, and engineering central. 
  • We really need to pimp out engineering, mappers. Think ladders. Think Star Trek while you map, guys.  Go for that feel, not this crud.  The internal walls are too thick in Ss13, and that is my main complaint.
  • a poster of Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Centcom, as well as posters of both Inaluct and Toady One. We need to be proud of our heritage.  Inaluct is already in the admin room.
  • A graphical airlock hacking interface.  Almost exactly like the currrent one, but with less HTML.
  • better organized code.  It's slowing development.
  • Less drunken Headswe. Fix your…
Just a note, we already have holograms. There is one in the AI room. Though, to expand on your idea, what would be cool is to have "screens" all over the station. They display a picture, which would be triggered in the bridge. So like emergency evacuation would flip between a ship and "Evacuation!". Or party time would show a party hat and ballons. Or you can advertise, its pretty endless. Screens could be destroyable, but we would need a way to fix them.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: June 13, 2010, 11:06:43 pm »

The goons have a nice rendition of that for their status screens...

It's a bit out of my league, at least right now.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 950