Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807640 times)

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13455 on: June 13, 2010, 12:52:44 pm »

As much as I'd like to play around with some of this code, I think what needs to be done is our codebase needs to really be cleaned up and organized.

In fact I'll go do that now.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:44 pm »

You Goons be so cool you deserve at least me saying so twice in two different posts, bam, here's the other, thanks again, cool dudes.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: June 13, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »

This is Supernorn from the Something Awful forums, and main spriter for the Goonstation build of Space Station 13.

Nannek has released a new public build for everyone, which should include pretty much everything up until our Dev build went live in March 2010.  Use the code as you see fit!

I've also taken the liberty of including all the icons i've created, including the mob directional sprites. There's probably a fair chunk missing as i took some things out that i hadn't created. But you're still getting a huge amount of icons out of the goodwill of my heart. The link is here, size is about 40MB: http://blackmage.org/supernorn/Public.rar
Thank You.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: June 13, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »

Wow.. I am literally without words..
You have my most sincere thank you.
Ever.
EVER.

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: June 13, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »

This is going to be awesome!
At least I think so.
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

Ostaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: June 13, 2010, 01:40:29 pm »

Just a quick note, the "new" atmos code that was written primaily by Exadv1 and a little by myself is NOT in that release. The code there is from our last public build, before we moved to our "Dev station" around march, so that build is pretty plagued with lag unfortunately.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: June 13, 2010, 01:43:18 pm »

Idiot noob here, I would greatly appreciate any server recommendations or relevant advice you may have to offer.

EDIT: I keep seeing references to Goon Station, is it a mod/alternate client or just a server associated with Something Awful?
... and then it explodes!

Nannek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: June 13, 2010, 01:45:41 pm »

However, there are many features in that version which are not in dev, so I'd suggest having a look at some of the code for cool things.

Ostaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: June 13, 2010, 01:48:43 pm »

Idiot noob here, I would greatly appreciate any server recommendations or relevant advice you may have to offer.

EDIT: I keep seeing references to Goon Station, is it a mod/alternate client or just a server associated with Something Awful?

It's a different branch of SS13, and much more advanced than the others in terms of features - and has (had) the original coder working on it, but also plays very different due to the stuff that's been added so it's a matter of personal taste. Also yes, the coders/host, and most of the admins are all from the SA forums.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: June 13, 2010, 01:55:44 pm »

So that is to say, Goon station is an incoherent pile of trash, hosted by jerks, played by jerks, and administrated by... you guessed it, some really really cool people.

But I digress.  BayStation 12 just has a different feel to it.  As well as significantly more lag.  And a lot less shit, all over the station.  Dudes, was the poo really necessary?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

supernorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: June 13, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »

So that is to say, Goon station is an incoherent pile of trash, hosted by jerks, played by jerks, and administrated by... you guessed it, some really really cool people.

But I digress.  BayStation 12 just has a different feel to it.  As well as significantly more lag.  And a lot less shit, all over the station.  Dudes, was the poo really necessary?

Which is why you now have a public release with our icons, and a lot of the gimmick shit and poo.dmi's mysteriously excluded. There's some lines that should be read between here.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:02:51 pm by supernorn »

Pantaloons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: June 13, 2010, 02:14:57 pm »

As well as significantly more lag.  And a lot less shit, all over the station.  Dudes, was the poo really necessary?
For what it's worth, poop was a controversial addition within the development team with strong opinions on both sides of the aisle.

Also, we'll be releasing a late beta version of our optimized ("dev") code base soon. While it won't have any of the new features that have been added in the last couple of months, it's amazingly streamlined and should be fairly stable and considerably less laggy. Exadv1 did a remarkable job of rebuilding the atmos system for efficiency, so if you guys use it, makes sure you give him the credit. Thanks. :)

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: June 13, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »

Calm down zchris...  so what if they have different styles?  I don't see any huge big fight going on and I'd say actually linking it to us is one hell of a kind gesture.

On another note, would you guys mind if we used a couple of the things in there with not too much modification as long as we give full credit where it's due?
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: June 13, 2010, 02:20:47 pm »

There's still sewage discussions going on regarding Dwarf Fortress, I believe.

Ostaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: June 13, 2010, 02:23:45 pm »

You're welcome to all our code and icons, don't mention it. And SA is just a forum like this one, you do realise that right, not a state of mind or way of life??

On another note, would you guys mind if we used a couple of the things in there with not too much modification as long as we give full credit where it's due?

Feel free, that's one of the reasons we released it. As long as you just say thanks or whatever I don't think any of us will mind!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:27:30 pm by Ostaf »
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 950