Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 23795 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that's everyone.  Good to see you back, WM.  I'll see about getting a turn up tonight, but I'm a bit sleepy, so we'll see.

And I live!

Anyway, now that there's nothing else I can do, I go and tell Kav that I'll try to knock the door down again like I did before, if he'll let me. If he does, I warn him and his to get back, and if he doesn't I get really far away from the door.
You try to convince the War Leader to try to let you kick down the door like you did last time, but he doesn't seem pleased at this reminder and tells you to stand away from it.

Try to control senses. I'll just keep doing this over and over again.  If I'm not posting, just do this.
You grapple with the blasted chaos that engulfs your senses, and finally it obeys.  There is still far too much information for you to process properly, but you think you can manage.  The final attempt of the chaos to usurp your mind fails, and you feel confident you won't have to deal with it any more.

Find enemies
Shoot. Kill. Win.
Realizing that things are quite dull and uninteresting at the hilltop with only Jay here, you charge back at the town, tearing across the land at incredible speeds.  Every step sure and perfect, you bear down on the wall of defenders, and lunge at them with all the momentum your speed grants you!  The fact that your form doesn't seem to weigh much in the real world doesn't help you much..  You bounce (not so) harmlessly from one of the larger soldiers, though he is so shocked by your assault that he only falls backwards, probably gaping behind the armored helmet that covers his face.

Damn, the dice seem to know it's my birthday.

Anyways, I help Kav and the guards do whatever they're doing.
Unsure of the situation, you position yourself to help Kav and the guards with whatever they plan to do. 

Have the guard summon me into his body.
Or; try to choose his AI action.
I may not have much luck, but the guard may.
Your words encourage the guard to try to assist, but it doesn't seem to help you any.

I attempt to learn how to create and manipulate fire through magical means.
Wondering what else you can do with your new level of power, you try to use your magic to heat up a fragment of the former boulder.  Which blows apart in a pleasing show of power.  Thankfully, it was small enough to not cause you any harm, and you're confident that you could do it again without any trouble. 

I try to find out if I can help Rev with the tinkering
You're unsure how your form would lend itself to manipulating physical objects, but you begin to mesh yourself with what Rev is creating... 

Quote from: Rev
Working feverishly, Rev continues to build, grabbing several different tools, seemingly unaware of Virex's actions.  Virex manages to avoid interfering with Rev's work, though several parts of of his creation seem to be lighting up, which he ignores as he continues tinkering... 

I run in with my self repairing untiring body and let loose some space pirate smackdown on the nearest aggressive NPC.

A:If i kill them loot bodies for stuff
B:if I dont kill them finish killing them
Aa:if i loot them succesfully i move on to the next target
Ab:if i fail at looting i try again i'm a pirate damn it
Ba: If i succed lot away
Bb: if i fail again I kill them and they will know the fury of my bear hands which I will pull from the fabric of the universe and beat them with.
You continue watching the troops for a moment, see Org zoom in like a thunderbolt, and considerably encouraged, you charge in after him, if at a much slower pace.  You charge into their ranks like an avalanche, and smash through several troopers before slamming into the metal side of one of the vehicles.  Regardless of your enchanted status, dirt is still dirt, and your body's integrity isn't helped by this.  You feel considerably weakened, and your 'inner' spirit body feels threatened. 

Quote from: Defenders
Quite taken aback by recent developments, there are a few half-hearted shots at org, and the injured soldiers are pulled back and weapons leveled at 'Matty'

Quote from: War Leader Kav
He orders his troopers to take the welding kits and begin work on the door, which proves to be surprisingly resilient to the assault. 

Quote from: Pilot
The pilot effortlessly targets Org, who once again lunges out of the way of the explosive shells, which significantly alarm the infantry that were uncomfortably close. 

Quote from: Isolation Guards
The guards eagerly jump to Kav's orders, and grab the remaining welding kits and quickly burn away the remaining welds as the door falls inward.

Org notes that there doesn't seem to be much more movement towards the border...  What this portends, he isn't sure.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:44:20 am by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 17, up and running.
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2009, 03:24:36 am »

Dammit.
Come on, man, I've been at this 3 turns already. Most of my roles have been good. And still I float here dissembodied.

I attempt to enter the guard whilst the guard attempts to pull me in.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2009, 03:39:01 am »

Eh...I follow Kav around. I can't think of anything better to do.
Oh well, if he just stays inside, I'll walk out myself.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2009, 04:14:32 am »

I refine my senses.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2009, 04:55:44 am »

I travel through the ground to the outskirts of town.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2009, 05:02:33 am »

I sheepishly stare at Kav and then ask him what he wants me to do.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2009, 08:58:41 am »

Nuke, possess the giant man near me. Saves me from having to kill him.

I use magic to hold down the man so Nuke can possess him

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2009, 09:12:17 am »

Hey! Possessing people is hard work, man! The chance of success is... 1/9th provided that the intended target is not actively trying to fight me! I suggest you just BLOW THEM UP. You've got to get two good rolls in a row some time!
Long Live United Forenia!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2009, 10:57:21 am »

Hey! Possessing people is hard work, man! The chance of success is... 1/9th provided that the intended target is not actively trying to fight me! I suggest you just BLOW THEM UP. You've got to get two good rolls in a row some time!
Considering once you get the hang of it, you'll have a near-infinite amount of meatshields to do whatever you please with, I think it makes sense for it to be so difficult. 

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:44 am »

Okay, change action to

Kill man in front of me.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2009, 12:22:48 pm »

I try to infuse parts of Rev's creation that are already completed with power.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »

And there's everyone.  I'd prefer to let WM post because his character is in a bit of trouble, but it isn't really worth waiting three days.  I'll see about getting a turn up soon.

Dammit.
Come on, man, I've been at this 3 turns already. Most of my roles have been good. And still I float here dissembodied.

I attempt to enter the guard whilst the guard attempts to pull me in.
Finally, with your efforts, you manage to entrench yourself in his body.  It feels strange, far different from a true possession, and you think that you might be able to help the guard with your magic if you felt it necessary.  The guard still doesn't really seem to understand what is going on.  You could probably encourage him to do things at this point, though you are far from direct control. 

Eh...I follow Kav around. I can't think of anything better to do.
Oh well, if he just stays inside, I'll walk out myself.
You speak with the War Leader about returning to the border, and he seems quite pleased by the idea.  He tells you to follow him, and begins to walk out of the building. 

I sheepishly stare at Kav and then ask him what he wants me to do.
War Leader Kav orders you to fall in behind him, and everyone but the isolation guards leave the building...

Quote from: War Leader Kav
And Kav leads DH and Xotes to an impressive APC with a number of sensor buds and an automated turret.  He gestures for everyone to enter.  The interior is obviously that of a military vehicle, and as it begins to accelerate, he tells his two new troopers that they can have a pick of any equipment currently free in the vehicle, of which there is many.   (Choose the type of equipment you're looking for.)

I refine my senses.
FInally in control, you order your senses into meaningfulness.  Though you can see an endless variety of things that mean little to you, you can now see the 'normal' world quite well, now.  You're sure you could identify anything about an object if you concentrated on it.

I travel through the ground to the outskirts of town.
You try to immerse your form with the earth, but you have a feeling you would lose it if you tried that, so you follow the dust trail left by Org at a decent pace, and soon enough see the larger structures of the settlement, though you're careful not to get too close.

Okay, change action to

Kill man in front of me.
You lunge for your target once again, but your lack of mass betrays you, and the soldier finally gets over his surprise and swats you away with a powerful strike with the butt of his weapon, sending you flying away. 

I try to infuse parts of Rev's creation that are already completed with power.
You try to enhance Rev's creation with your magic... The magic tries to twist itself out of your grip, but you manage to keep a hold on it and avoid doing any damage, though you didn't accomplish much either.

B:if I dont kill them finish killing them
You pull yourself from the side of a vehicle, noticing that you didn't even leave a dent, and try to lunge for a nearby soldier.  Your battered form fails you, and you only barely avoid a counter-attack while you stumble from your weakened form.  You can feel something trying to restructure itself within your body, but it seems to have only made the damage worse.

Quote from: Defenders
They fall upon 'Matty' with a vengance, having a foe they can apparently hurt.  Matty is unable to dodge, and quickly unsolids his spirit form to avoid damage as his earthen shell breaks apart. 

Quote from: Pilot
Apparently quite happy about Org being far enough away from the infantry to be able to be shot at without care, a metal cylinder hanging from one of the blunt wings suddenly roars as a dozen projectiles streak towards Org.  Org sprints out of the way, avoiding explosive unpleasantness, probably to considerable frustration on the pilots part.

Quote from: Isolation Guards

Quote from: Engineer 'Rev'
Rev seems to lose his focus, staring at the partially assembled device blankly.

Cheeetar thinks he can a single vehicle moving towards the border area....

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:40:23 pm by Golgath »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 18 is complete. Post your actions!
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2009, 01:49:11 pm »

I try to infuse Rev with a new burst of creativity.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2009, 01:50:45 pm »

Pick up a diresword before attacking again.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2009, 01:53:20 pm »

Pick up a diresword before attacking again.
Diresword?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19