Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 23853 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 14 is complete.
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2009, 05:52:03 pm »

Infantry.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2009, 06:07:18 pm »

I dredge up the last bit of information I have for close-quarters combat and set to it with a will, serenely content in my progress thus far.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2009, 06:11:33 pm »

I dredge up the last bit of information I have for close-quarters combat and set to it with a will, serenely content in my progress thus far.
Same thing applies to you as DH...  You don't *need* to fight your way through this.  You're supposedly one of theirs, so talking this out is a definite possibility.

EDIT: Also, this feels like a good place for mentioning it...  Two of the open slots were never taken, so anyone who is interested in joining should tell me as much.  I'll be willing to keep people in mind past the two open slots, as well; there will probably be a chance to join later on.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:46:18 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2009, 12:37:23 am »

Hehe...

Sure, I'll help them with Xotes.  Oh c'mon, it's just a stunstick, Xotes! You'll be fine!

So uh, I help the guards deal with Xotes. Not necesserily violently, maybe we can talk him out of beating us up.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:43 am »

I try and find Kav and somehow weaken his will.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2009, 12:49:40 am »

I bury our enemies with my powers.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2009, 01:03:10 am »

I bury our enemies with my powers.
Whilst standing merrily on the hilltop, a considerable distance away?   ;)

Edit:  I have a feeling like this will result in people wanting to keep their locations tracked with the statuses.  Ooops.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:06:03 am by Golgath »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2009, 01:32:37 am »

I thought I moved to the town to help Matty?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:38:33 am by Jay Kayell »

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2009, 01:37:06 am »

I thought I moved to the town to help Matty?
You two are still on the hilltop unless I screwed up somewhere...  I've been treating it as such.  Should probably check over the previous turns...

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2009, 01:38:02 am »

You're right. I just checked.

New action: I use my powers to send a landslide in the town's direction.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:41:59 am by Jay Kayell »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2009, 07:33:11 am »

"Hey, me? I'm a spirit. A good spirit. Unlike some others, I wish only for peace. You see..."
I indicate org
"Some have other ideas. But in my current form, I can't help. I need to have a body. Then I can use my powers through that body, to destroy the evil ones.
If you could let me in, you would have my powers. You could be a hero. You would never die, because I can bestow immortality upon people.
I must warn you, having such power is a burden. You may find yourself being called upon to battle every super-natural attack in the land. But your country will reward you richly for it."

Tempt the guard some more with tales of heroism and stuff

Hoping for him to let me in!
Long Live United Forenia!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2009, 01:03:21 pm »

And with that, everyone has an action.  I'll try to put up the turn soon, but I have a few distractions...  I guarantee it will be up today unless something goes horribly (amusingly?) wrong.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 15 in progress.
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2009, 01:36:28 pm »

Quickly now, it's mah birthday.

(Yes, it really is my birthday. I got the Watchmen graphic novel and a new ipod. :) )
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 15 in progress.
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2009, 02:11:41 pm »

Quickly now, it's mah birthday.

(Yes, it really is my birthday. I got the Watchmen graphic novel and a new ipod. :) )
I won't let it affect the rolls, but the dice might have other ideas.  =P

I try to transport myself towards Rev, preferably by teleporting. If I can't find the energy to do that, I try to actualy move instead.
Focusing once again, you manage to replicate the earlier effect and pop into existence in front of Rev...  Who seems quite surprised.  You think you can manage to replicate the teleportation effect further, though doing it too much will probably be extremely draining until you become more capable of it.  You're too tired to take in your surroundings properly.

I use my magicks on the enemies(Infantry).
You try once again to use the magic, trying to target the infantry firing at you, but you grope blindly about for the energy and simply can't find it.  Whether you used up all your energy earlier or did something else wrong, you don't know. 

You try to focus further, but you suddenly realize how much trouble you've gotten yourself into, and can't focus any more.  You eye the damaged door with apprehension.

Hehe...

Sure, I'll help them with Xotes.  Oh c'mon, it's just a stunstick, Xotes! You'll be fine!

So uh, I help the guards deal with Xotes. Not necesserily violently, maybe we can talk him out of beating us up.
You heft your newly acquired weapon, walk towards the door the guards, and somehow manage to trip over your own feet.  You manage to catch yourself, somewhat embarrassed, and walk to the door a bit more carefully.  Some of the guards look amused.

Quote from: Isolation Guards
For all their amusement, they apparently didn't learn anything from DH's mistake, and one of them stumbles over a fuel tank for one of the welding tools.  Though he catches himself, much laughter is had at his expense, though the guards fail to accomplish anything.

I try and find Kav and somehow weaken his will.
You try to find the leader among the mess of information flowing in, but it's too much to sort through.  You once again fight back the confusion, though you still can't make anything of the jumbled mess.

You're right. I just checked.

New action: I use my powers to send a landslide in the town's direction.
You try to encourage the ground to move, but it's either too much for you or you lack the necessary energy.  You aren't really sure.

"Hey, me? I'm a spirit. A good spirit. Unlike some others, I wish only for peace. You see..."
I indicate org
"Some have other ideas. But in my current form, I can't help. I need to have a body. Then I can use my powers through that body, to destroy the evil ones.
If you could let me in, you would have my powers. You could be a hero. You would never die, because I can bestow immortality upon people.
I must warn you, having such power is a burden. You may find yourself being called upon to battle every super-natural attack in the land. But your country will reward you richly for it."

Tempt the guard some more with tales of heroism and stuff

Hoping for him to let me in!
Your whispered words seem to still confuse him, but you're apparently making some headway...  He doesn't know enough about the current situation for half of what you're saying to make sense.

(Mr. Boulder got exploded!): fail=catch up with the group
Once again, you struggle to unearth yourself, and you finally pull yourself from the ground, feeling not much worse for wear despite being smashed by a boulder.

Quote from: Defenders
Unrelenting in their resolve, the infantry pull back some...  And are replaced by larger-looking soldiers wielding large weapons, who quite cheerily open fire.  The large troopers seem to be deploying explosive ordinance, but Org dodges it effortlessly, lesson learned from the aircraft's attacks.

Quote from: War Leader Kav
DH hears a roaring outside the isolation facility, and suddenly Kav storms in with half a dozen heavily armed troops.  He quickly interrogates the apparent head guard, who is cringing at this point.  Kav looks angry, and orders his troops to surround the door.

Quote from: Pilot
Apparently unsure of what to do, he just hovers his aircraft, circling Org.

Quote from: Engineer 'Rev'
Apparently caught by surprise by Virex's appearance, he just stares for a moment.  He can obviously see Virex.

Org notes that he can see more of the larger troopers headed towards his location, and Virex glances around Rev's workshop, noting a wide variety of tools and armor suits and goodness knows what else.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Congrats, DH!  You didn't impale yourself on the stunstick.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:41:33 pm by Golgath »

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 15 is complete, and Xotes is in trouble.
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2009, 03:24:32 pm »

((Well, at least I won't critically fail any dodge rolls.))

I decide to step closer to the door and knock on it twice to announce my presence. I then try talking to the guys outside in an attempt to save my ass and explain why I jump-kicked the door.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19