Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 23804 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 15 is complete, and Xotes is in trouble.
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2009, 03:26:56 pm »

I help Xotes save his ass.

And I was sure I'd get a 1 too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2009, 03:33:09 pm »

I get in some cover If I need it, then make/find bombs/grenades and throw at the enemy.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2009, 04:03:51 pm »

Excellent...
Enter guard's body. Peacefully.
We can get around to taking over his mind later.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »

I try to get a deeper understanding of how to manipulate the elements of creation. (Aiming for a bonus to learning different kinds of -mancy in the future.)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2009, 05:58:46 pm »

I take a good look at the workshop, and then get to talking with Rev about the best way to get a functional body, without having a chance of being kicked out again ;)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2009, 07:54:25 pm »

I again try to control my senses.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2009, 09:16:10 pm »

Happy birthday, DH.  Everyone posted, so you get two turns in one day.   ;D

I'm going to put the turn up in an hour or so.

((Well, at least I won't critically fail any dodge rolls.))

I decide to step closer to the door and knock on it twice to announce my presence. I then try talking to the guys outside in an attempt to save my ass and explain why I jump-kicked the door.
Now quite aware of how badly you've gotten yourself into trouble, you carefully approach the door and plead your caseIt looks like you managed to avert total disaster, but you're doubtful  if they'll let you out any time soon without someone else convincing them.

I help Xotes save his ass.

And I was sure I'd get a 1 too.
You watch rather apprehensively as Xotes tries to convince the War Leader.  Though he seems to have avoided most of the punishment through his words, it will likely take more for him to be freed any time soon. 

I get in some cover If I need it, then make/find bombs/grenades and throw at the enemy.
Having a rather nasty feeling about all these people shooting at you, you flee at a dead sprint, determined not to let them catch youYou run away from the settlement all the way back to the hill, and suddenly realize you can stop running now.  You're not sure how you ran so fast, but you're sure you can do it again if necessary. 

Excellent...
Enter guard's body. Peacefully.
We can get around to taking over his mind later.
You try to enter his body, but you fail utterly.  Maybe you need to do this in a different manner...

I try to get a deeper understanding of how to manipulate the elements of creation. (Aiming for a bonus to learning different kinds of -mancy in the future.)
Determined to learn the secrets of the magic in this world, you analyze and study the structure of the magic around you.  You are woefully incapable of discerning any deep meanings from the magic, but you think you can apply some of what you know to enhance your magic.

I take a good look at the workshop, and then get to talking with Rev about the best way to get a functional body, without having a chance of being kicked out again ;)
You discuss your dilemma further with Rev, and he seems to be thinking.  He explains to you that you'll probably need something more then a suit, since it won't be able to move on it's own, but he might have something that you could use.

I again try to control my senses.
Once again you try to control your senses, but only aggravate your symptoms further and lose some of the edge you had at controlling it.  You barely manage to keep the information from confusing your mind...  Another close call like that will probably have negative effects.

(Boulder still isn't very usable...): fail=catch up with the group
You suddenly see Org zoom in at an incredible pace, and wondering why, you run at an easy lope towards wherever he came from, quite easy when you have a body that doesn't tire or feel pain.  You see the city, as well as the guards and the aircraft, and decide to lay low instead of attracting their attention.

Quote from: Defenders
Completely befuddled by the loss of their target, the defenders seem to be totally flabbergasted. 

Quote from: War Leader Kav
Kav fails to come up with any meaningful argument to Xotes' plea, and angrily orders the guards to open the door back up.

Quote from: Pilot
The loss of Org as a target seems to have confused the pilot just as much, and 'Matty' remains undetected.

Quote from: Isolation Guards
A little too eager to obey Kav's orders, one of them tries to re-light one of the welding torches, but is so nervous that he only manages to nearly burn himself.

Quote from: Engineer 'Rev'
Quite happy to have something he's more experienced with to work on, he rummages around in the mess of a workshop and seems to be pulling together a wide variety of tools and parts, working furiously. 

Matty notes that more of the larger soldiers are arriving at the defensive perimeter, while Virex thinks he saw Rev grab several different armor suits as well a large variety of unidentifiable parts.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xotes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: War Leader Kav (NPC): (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineer 'Rev' (NPC): (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilot (NPC): (click to show/hide)

I was seriously tempted to re-roll all those appalling AI rolls...  Ah well.  Cheeetar has more lousy luck, Nuke knows frustration once more, and the AI just has an overall terrible day. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:04:00 am by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I live!

Anyway, now that there's nothing else I can do, I go and tell Kav that I'll try to knock the door down again like I did before, if he'll let me. If he does, I warn him and his to get back, and if he doesn't I get really far away from the door.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Try to control senses. I'll just keep doing this over and over again.  If I'm not posting, just do this.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Find enemies
Shoot. Kill. Win.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, the dice seem to know it's my birthday.

Anyways, I help Kav and the guards do whatever they're doing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have the guard summon me into his body.
Or; try to choose his AI action.
I may not have much luck, but the guard may.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile

I attempt to learn how to create and manipulate fire through magical means.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

I try to find out if I can help Rev with the tinkering

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile

I run in with my self repairing untiring body and let loose some space pirate smackdown on the nearest aggressive NPC.

A:If i kill them loot bodies for stuff
B:if I dont kill them finish killing them
Aa:if i loot them succesfully i move on to the next target
Ab:if i fail at looting i try again i'm a pirate damn it
Ba: If i succed lot away
Bb: if i fail again I kill them and they will know the fury of my bear hands which I will pull from the fabric of the universe and beat them with.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19