Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64414 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2009, 08:48:47 pm »

(I put up an official list of the Pantheon.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:19 pm »

At first, there was not Berridan the Colossus. Then, there was.

Crafted by his own hand, Berridan was born into existence.

But Berridan did not exist yet. He looked upon himself and saw what he was made of did not exist yet.

And so, Berridan defined metal.

Create Concept: Metal, 3 pp
1 pp remaining.

But Berridan knew that while there were others like him, he could not yet communicate with them; thus, he gave himself a voice, and when Berridan spoke, it was the sound of gears grinding, the sound of hammers upon metal, the sound of forges and fires - the sound of a million technologies and crafts yet to be conceived.

"Hello?" he asked, casting his new voice tentatively into the void.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2009, 09:03:10 pm »

The sound of grinding stone greeted the Colossus:

"Greetings, new one. This is Primordia. And I am Tevorak. I believe my stone could easily contain this "Metal" you've created."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2009, 09:06:21 pm »

"Stone, yes..." Berridan considered the concept. "Metal... within stone. Yes. This seems a fitting arrangement. As if that was always where Metal was meant to reside, perhaps."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2009, 09:13:08 pm »

Seeing the diversification of the rock, Xiuthagurbhahwauhwa decided it would be both convenient and fitting to further diversify it; he dug a series of tunnels in the rock, making a vast subterranean cave system inside Primordia. It would be a place of coldness, and another place that Primordia's future inhabitants might be able to live in. Hopefully, they would venture inside it and feel discomfort at it's cold, dark, clammy interior.

"To those of you who criticize me for wanting to advance life so it can be uncomfortable; you should understand that there can be no pleasure without pain and hardship. The existence of unpleasant feelings will allow creatures who experience them to cherish the times when they don't. Without discomfort, one cannot be glad of one's current condition. Without discomfort, there can be no happiness."

"Think about it."

~~~

Shape Land (Major): 3: Create vast underworld.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »

(This is getting kind of complicated for me. Could I pass the job of assigning the PP distribution to someone else?"

"I believe that discomfort brings a more physical advantage. Those who live in it adapt to it, thus becoming stronger. The mightiest beings of all should reside in these cold tunnels."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2009, 09:42:38 pm »

(I put up an official list of the Pantheon.)
(Thanks, that'll save time with not having to search a few pages of posts for who is what. I'm not that great with names.
Oh, and we're probably ready to create life.)

Narl'agash looked at Primordia, and thought to himself. When the others create Life, there will be nowhere hot for it to live. Narl'agash touched Primordia at the point where all ways led south (North Pole). From this point, a huge mountain sprang up. He then bore a great hole into the middle of it, from whence the heat from the center of Primordia might escape. "It will be called Mount Eto," he proclaimed. "It shall keep the surrounding lands hot, and the flying waters shall avoid them." Into the side of the mountain, he carved a hole, for reasons that shall become apparent in time.

Shape land (Major): 3
1 point remains.
(Don't ask why I decided the North Pole needed a volcano surrounded by desert.)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2009, 09:57:34 pm »

(i hope we are ready too. can i make the first plants or is there something missing from primordia that we need to sustain life.)
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2009, 10:13:27 pm »

Name: Axiom
Domains (spheres of influence): Mathematics, Reality, and Science
Disposition: good, rational, expert-like, mathematician. A programmer and possibly an engineer.
Appearance: either a) a n dimensional fractal b) a unimpressive individual of any species, whit black fur/feathers/scales/skin/etc and red eyes like an albino.

The gods created, the goods argued, the gods changed.
But they changed whitoute time yet beuing there. and they created whitoute order or system, each one hacking its own parts in whitoute any care taken to what it was more than what it was.
Yet, it somhow worked, like a dream.
But this dream was growing in complexity, the ways objects could interact was growing, change was implemented while time was yet not.
In short, things were a mess, a dreamy inchoherent mess.

The system reached at some point a certain amount of complexity, a certain point were spesificaly it became turing complete, in theory that is as they were not yet anything to compute, and thus there was math.
And in this universe all power was of gods, and math is power greater than any else, and thus math was a god.
And that god was surprised at his own creation, but it worked well for now and thus he gave himself a name: Axiom.
And he took a compiler, and he forged the dream of the void into the reality of the void.

A shape emerged, unlike anything the gods had seen, its size was infinite and it's detail was infinite and it's dimensionality was infinite, and it was beautiful, it was infinite law and infinite chaos, infinite complexity and infinite simplicity, and it was logic and free from all paradox.

Axiom was unreleased whit the unending arguing of the gods, and whit the mess they had created, so he chose to gave to give to life a gift they could not take away, and that'd tidy up all these paradoxes.

And he thought long, but time was not yet and thus it was also short.
And he got two ideas.

And so he created space and time,
mass and energy, and thus motion, and each were an aspect of each other.
And the mass bent the space bent the time bent the motion, and thus there were gravity.     
And E=mc^2.

But none were there for the mass to be made of,
and were the light a particle or were it a wave?
And so he created particles, and out of them all was made, and there were forces.
And in infinite complexity particles were waves and waves particles,
and the particles made larger particles that made larger and larger stuctures
so that all one could posibly concive could be made,
and it could in the right configuration in it's complexity do anything,
and all the gods created it described in beauty and perfection.

But there were something missing.
And so he had encountered the first problem associated to software branching, and it was not good.
And so he created the shameless hack, and he applied it to his models, and it was good, and from this arose the unbreakable rules of thermodynamics set above all, and it was even better, and so he went to apply them to the void.

And he shaped the earth into SiO2,
And he shaped the earth into MgO,
And he shaped the earth into  Fe3O4,
And he shaped the water into H2O,
and he shaped Nal into H2,
And he shaped Lotan into H2,
and he shaped the gems into various minerals, and the Eye itself into carbon aligned to be the hardest of all.
And he shaped the metals not, but instead made them their own and embedded them into the earth as the gods of earth and metal had implied, and mostly he bound them to oxygen.
And in this way he reshaped all things but the gods themselves, over which he had no power, and into this model all was included, and thus it could act autonomously without the gods, and thus it was free.

But he saw that in this new unmutable world the chose particles had a hard time to exist, and thus he gave them a special gift from before he had stepped forth, his very best algorithm that could let them shape themselves, and he gave them the tool whit which to do this, he gave them DNA, and whit that he gave them evolution.

And the other gods stood baffeled, yet not used to acting in this thing called time wich now was existent and finite, and everyone felt there was space around them, and particles dancing in and out of existence, and all they had created was changed. Vandalized or improved?
The only sure thing was that nothing would ever be the same, and that there were now a power other than the gods and magic, one for life to act in on it's own.

"Universe = rez(TheVoid);"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2009, 10:19:53 pm »

(I think we are ready for life. Maybe there's need for something more, but who cares, we create this fucking place ;)
And Armok: Your thing if you want to make it rationally bullet-proof, but even in the real world there are presumably no H2 molecules in the stars because of the heat, you know etc pp)

After swirling several times through the space and all that existed, Etom Enol was not really pleased by the growing diversity on Primordia, but neither was he unsatisfied: The other gods created structure, and a somehow familiar yet twistingly perverted new deity made this structure observable, so Primordia should become its own god now.

Seeing the wonders of Mount Eto, it sank deep beneath the waters of Undaparo, and began to lengthen and spin the structure of Etom Enol indefinitely. Then, when the moment was right, The structure manifested for an instant and ripped a tube from the molten core right to the waters of Undaparo out of Primordia, letting loose the metals of Berridan to erupt from the newly drilled hole in the ground. Etom Enol saw it was rationale, and so he called this hole the Hodgepodge.

Shape Land (Minor): Hodgepodge created.
3 PP left.

There, where the elements flew for countless moments, Etom Enol began to assemble them into numerous different spherical structures, giving it the gift of Axiom's DNA, to be working on their own, able to consume the elements around to assemble them and thus replicate. A few of them died in a jiffy, others died in the heat, others swam too far away from the Hodgepodge and starved to death, but a few of them survived and dwelled, ready to fill the waters of Undaparo to arrange for greater achievements. Etom Enol saw it was rationale, and so he identified it as life.

Create Populace: Bacterial and other oceanic life to feed on later.
No PP left.

Not yet satisfied but consoled, Etom Enol placed itself floating above The Arbiter's Grounds of Tevorak, to watch this life and the other gods progress.
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2009, 10:37:37 pm »

(Actually, populace implies sentience. This would be a case of create Beasts at 2pp. You have 1 pp left.)

"This makes things... Different, but my stone remains lasting. At last I can now understand this world!"
Tevorak exclaimed with glee. His mirth and happiness shook the universe.

He took stone from the Arbiters' Grounds, and formed it into many squares. Upon it, in impossibly small characters, in an impossibly strange language he wrote these laws that everything now obeyed.

"This shall be known as the Book of What Is."

Tevorak created a pedestal in the center of the plateau, and placed the book upon it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2009, 10:40:29 pm »

"Surely if life has discomfort, they will work to empower themselves to escape it," Berridan declared, approving of the underworld as well. "But Metal... its essence is not that of life. Life shall not be of metal. And it shall not be."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2009, 10:48:09 pm »

Nel'ulos observed the making of the hodgepodge. he didn't like it. he didn't like it because it was the only way to survive. he saw that only the lifeforms that stayed near the hodgepodge stayed alive. if this was not cured soon, the massive power struggle the god of balance predicted would surely come to pass. so he created a very small pebble sized object. he called it a seed. he made this seed so light the wind would carry it and thus would spread far and wide, and the seed would create nourishment. so he flung it at primordia and he threw many more afterwards to spread life from the hodgepodge.

nourish land 1 pp.
none left.
(at least i hope thats considered nourish land. if not ignore this completely ;D)
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2009, 11:05:37 pm »

Seeing how Tevorak Wrote down his work, Axiom created the GNU, and he published his works under it so that all who wished to know it or use it for their own planes could, and it was good.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2009, 11:14:34 pm »

Seeing how Tevorak Wrote down his work, Axiom created the GNU, and he published his works under it so that all who wished to know it or use it for their own planes could, and it was good.
(I like where this is going ;D)

Hearing the dissent of the Colossus, Etom Enol left its place above the Arbiter's Grounds and swirled around Berridan, examining the structure of a body Etom Enol ignored for maybe too long.

"If not metal, what then? It became part of Primordia, and so should it be, spreading, dwelling, assembling, ascending."
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61