Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61

Author Topic: Lords of Creation  (Read 64404 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2009, 02:35:49 pm »

Yaven'Gan considers for a moment to create life with the help of Progress, but decides against it. He decides instead to create beasts in his image upon Lotan, to tend the great fire and make sure it forever burns bright, unless he decides otherwise.

(create Draconic Keepers of Lotan: 2 PP)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2009, 02:49:05 pm »

(Andrea receives 5 PP for having arguably the largest impact on Primordia. Everyone else recieves 4.)

"These skyfires burn away all cold on Primordia. This is a bad thing."

With a thought, Tevorak created five spiders made of permafrost soil.

"These creatures shall feed on the voidlings, and will bring cold with them wherever they walk. On their destruction, they shall be returned to the earth and water from whence they arose. When the world is too hot, they shall make more of themselves."

Create beast (Permafrost Spider.) 2pp
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2009, 02:56:01 pm »

(A question: What exactly does Create Plane create? A new plane of existence?)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2009, 03:05:55 pm »

(i think so. i'll create my own plane later)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2009, 03:07:31 pm »

Replying to Tevorack's request, Zyenild said, "Ah, yes, such creations that these gems are truly deserve to reside on this new world, to beutify it and give it power."

Looking at the Eye of the World, the first star, itself a shard of The Arcanist's Will, Zyenild concentrated. The Eye of the World shattered, into many shards, leaving one shard larger than the others were it stood, to remain the first star with the same name.

The other shards swirled around Primordia, eventually stopping there movement and hanging themselves. Then, most of these shards themselves shattered into more shards, with one larger shard remaining immoblie in each case. The smaller shards of each shattering swirled again, and this repeated itself time after time...

Eventually shards started falling unto Primordia itselsf. These shards embedded themselves deep into this 'earth' substance, some continuing the shattering process, some remaining single large crystals.

Thus, the stars were formed, and from them, the gems and crystals on Primordia. Every single gem could have its 'family tree' traced back through previous shatterings, up to certain 'mother stars' and then to The Eye of the World, itself the 'child' of The Arcanist's Will. That way, the stars that originally seperated from The Eye, its 'direct children', had distinct associations with different Flows of Magic, and each seperated star after that had more specific associations, up to the different gems of different colors, shapes, and powers, now imbedded into Tevorack's original creation.

Zyenild did not have time to rest after that. He busily noted all he had created, all the 'family trees' of all the gems and stars, all their powers and associations, into the Codex of Arcana. Then, he asked the other gods what they thought of his work.

(Major shape land: Create all the stars and their 'children' gems on Primordia, 3 PP)
(1 PP left)

(please share your ideas on what i did, did you like the idea of 'family trees' linking different kinds of gems to different stars, stars to 'higher-ranked' stars, etc...)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:09:57 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2009, 03:19:31 pm »

primordia was changed, 2 suns were in the sky and thousands of stars shining. what had been empty now was full. but work couldn't be stopped.
once again his hands came on that world, once again that world grew, togheter with its motlen core. and from the molten core rock went out to surface making mountains, small continents and island were made, mountains plains and valleys, and lakes where rock was raised.
the world was now big enough, but something else was needed, and he bretahed on that world. what came wasn't life, but it was the bricks from which life could be made, from whch life could be fed.

shape land (major):3PP
nourish land:1PP

1PP left
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:34:01 pm by andrea »

StrikeTheSand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2009, 03:58:48 pm »

(( I am quite lost... I would appreciate it if someone could PM me exactly what all exists now... And will the +4pp put me at the max, or does it add to the last 2 pp I hadn't used? ))
I figured demons came from the 50 or so years of inbreeding between the things, like some weird goblin evolution.
I now have justification for genocide. Thank you.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2009, 04:25:16 pm »

Undaparo

Create Concept (3 PP) : Undaparo decided that there needed to be a way to spread herself across the land without her direct interaction, some way that was naturally reoccuring, so she swept up the water with one hand and let it fall to the ground, to her amazement, with the two suns now in place it was happening automatically, the water was becoming thin enough to float towards the sun, where it would join up and dense up and fall back to the planet all across the world. Thus the hydrologic cycle was created.

Shape Land (Minor) (1 PP) : With her finger she drew the side profile of her face in the land, with the staring point becoming a large lake on a large mountain, and ending up on the nearest coast, this was now the ultimate expression on this world, and if any other would to look at the world from past the stars, they would see her, and her mark on this planet.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2009, 04:27:01 pm »

(Just for the record, here is a depiction of Primordia, Nal, and Lotan.)

(Woops, didn't see the post above this. I'll draw the face later. And you have 4 pp. That way people can't hoard it.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:28:46 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »

Yaven'Gan decided that he needed a palace, far away from prying eyes. The only place he could think of was Lotan, there he could work undisturbed. He immediately headed there and began to work. Firstly he focused his divine powers and created another plane of existence, and after that he created a portal which lead to it. He entered the portal and saw a wide plain, stretching for hundreds of miles in every direction, it was covered by twisted plants, perversions of those found on Primordia, murky rivers snaked their way through the land, the sky was colored red like blood and the ground was ashen gray.

He then set about creating a palace for himself, and a dark mountain shot up from the ground, several thousand feet high, and from that mountain he carved his palace. It was a tall tower, black as night, and from the portal and to its gate he created a wide road, just as black as the tower. He looked upon his work and was pleased. Here he could do whatever he wanted without interference. He named this plane Nessus.
(create plane: 4 PP)

After he had completed his work he left Nessus and ordered the Keepers to guard it and keep it secret.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2009, 06:01:55 pm »

hey,we spent the last 2 pages arguing about your killer angels!
(Well, the only reason I had killer angels was to ensure that Life gets 'proper treatment', or whatever...again, it was for fun...but...)

"Tevorak, you do not need to worry. These 'Protectors' have already been desummoned, and will only be resummoned with a different mandate, when the time come.

You have all raised some valid points. While I do disagree with them, I do understand that you also care about Life as well, and I believe that it is in the best interest of Primordia to not have this argument anymore. I will not oppose the creation of Life anymore, but hope that Life will agree.

However, I do believe that it is necessary to allow for Life to communicate with us, so that we may further be able to solve its problem. This is why I created the Concept of "Intercession", so as to allow for us to mediate the problems associated Life and hereby deal with it."

The God of Progress knew he has outstayed his welcome. Looking on the planet of Primordia, the God knows that Life must be taught proper behavior before being let loose. The God of Progress travels onto the barren planet, and found a Lake. There, the God created a portal leading to the empty plane of "Education". The Plane is not hidden from view, but it was not meant to be hidden. It was meant to be a public place where proper character will be taught.
(Create Plane: 4 PP)

([[EDIT: Again, a little sorry for my character acting crazy. My only rationale for that is that my character have extreme beliefs of right and wrong, and is willing to do whatever it takes to enforce them. He doesn't hate Life, just is afraid Life might get hurt, and would rather let it die than have it come into being and suffer.

I'll hopefully contribute to the world. Somehow.]])
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:13:21 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2009, 06:13:24 pm »

"This place is swarming with potential conflict. There shall be a place for gods to meet when they wish to cooperate or discuss urgent matters."

Tevorak dug his tendrils into the dirt and barren rock, and pulled out a great plateau.

"It will be called the arbiter's grounds. This is where alliances will be born." He placed upon it a portal to the realm of education.

"Only the gods may know of this place."

Shape Land(Minor): 1PP
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:23:32 pm by Psyco Jelly »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:36 pm »

has a god of air/clouds/wind been created yet? is there even a concept for air?
if so i would like to make a god with those spheres.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:37 pm »

How much can be on a plane at creation? Is it created with geography and plantlife already in place? Nessus seems to be a bit much for just 4PP, especially since we haven't even created the concept for plants yet.

I'd like to create my own plane, but it is a bit difficult without knowing the limits.

Edit to add: Psyco, could we get a list of all the players, their gods, and their spheres somewhere please?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »

Name: Nel'ulos
Domains (spheres of influence): Air, Travel
Disposition: Mostly uncaring about what others think, though will do favors and aid in tasks when asked, if he likes the idea.
Appearance: a pure white Cross between a dragon and a tiger envelobed in a silvery glow. lightning occasionally streaks across his body and a shroud of clouds envelops him almost like a cape.

on primordia a cloud stirred...
then, on its own accord left primordia and stopped a long way up above primordia. from this cloud Nel'ulos stepped out of into the void.
he looked at the clouds rising and falling on primordia and simply nodded in approval. Nel'ulos then breathed a powerful force onto primordia. primordia once undisturbed rustled and stirred and the clouds started slowly moving across its surface.
create concept: wind 3pp spent
1 left
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61