Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 427758 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - The Next Generation
« Reply #1545 on: February 23, 2010, 02:54:30 am »

I just got caught up on this thread again.  Glad to see I'm still chillin'

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 23, 2010, 06:42:54 am »

you backstabbing scumbag , popping out unsuspectedly with a quick post

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1547 on: February 23, 2010, 11:08:47 am »

I just got caught up on this thread again.  Glad to see I'm still chillin'

Yeah I got a plan for your dwarf, but I dont know if Ill get to it before the end of the story.  So you'll probably just get stuck in limbo forever.  :D
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1548 on: February 23, 2010, 11:26:10 am »

Spring 244

We started the year off right by ending that tax collectors stupid mandate for stupid things.

Then we unloaded our pagan hammerer as well!

These new trap rooms are great, now that I worked out the kinks in not getting other dwarves impaled.  It's a LOT less time consuming than the starvation rooms I used to herd the tax collectors and hammerers into.  It's also a lot more entertaining.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1549 on: February 23, 2010, 11:39:55 am »

Another baby!

The cries of infants echo down the halls for the first time in decades.  Yet for the Queen, it is not unpleasant.  These children will be the stock of a new dwarven race....provided she secures an heir of course.  Otherwise, these spoiled brats will off her in a second once their older.

Oh well...no time to worry about such things.  A Woodworker has gone fey!

Unfortunately, he required shell.   And since we havent traded with outsiders in several years, we dont have any shell at all.  Lord Akigagak was sent to do the honors.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1550 on: February 23, 2010, 11:47:22 am »

We're speeding along at a solid 30 - 40 FPS.  Plus I run the game at night while I sleep.

Spring 245

We're nearing 15,000,000 dwarfbucks in wealth.  We're slowly running out of booze.  We had 8000 units not too long ago.  Now we have only 6141.  Apparently one novice brewer is not enough for 49 dwarves.

Or should I say 50?

Yes, although the recent fey mood and berserk suicide charge brought us down to 49 dwarves, the lovely and fertile Jewelettarette has plopped out another baby boy!

That makes four Armok worshipping toddlers!  Woo!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:20 pm »

Hmm. May I have him? Call him what you like, even his original name.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 23, 2010, 12:06:19 pm »

Good to see my gal is doing her duty.
What are your 'end' conditions for the story? I mean, apart from the next version being released.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 23, 2010, 12:08:46 pm »

I'm just securing my place for when this inevitably moves to the new version, and only the young Armok-worshippers survive. Only 7 of them...  8)
The sigs topic:

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 23, 2010, 12:11:53 pm »

Maybe he makes humans and elf super strong, saying that there tired of his crazy dwarf shit and they send there best units.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1555 on: February 23, 2010, 12:47:34 pm »

Okay the four children are claimed now I suppose.

Airag is the eldest.

I'll give Xanthius the second one even though he hasnt posted.  Ill name the second eldext son Xanthius 2.0!

Calibur is the third eldest.

And the last will be the architect.  I'll name him Imhotep, after the original architect!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1556 on: February 23, 2010, 12:55:57 pm »

Good to see my gal is doing her duty.
What are your 'end' conditions for the story? I mean, apart from the next version being released.

Well I had many hopes for where I'd be by the end.  But as far as the bare minimum acceptable end conditions, I really just need to finish (start) the adventure maze and traps for some adventure mode fun.  Then I need to build a tomb and kill Urist. 

If the story could last till 274 the queen would have a chance of dying naturally.  By 304 she would be guaranteed death.

She'll probably have to die long before then though.

One of Jewelettarette's kids will probably off her and proclaim themselves Caesar.  Or maybe Jewelettarette;s older sisters will have a kid and they'll off the Queen?  I made a mistake earlier, Reaper the Beardless isn't Jewelettarette's younger sister, shes older.  So if Reaper has a kid she can still pawn that kid off as a legitimate heir.  Or Reaper's other two sisters can do the same thing.  Jewlettarette is the youngest, so her position and the position of her offspring is still precarious.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1557 on: February 23, 2010, 12:56:46 pm »

Maybe he makes humans and elf super strong, saying that there tired of his crazy dwarf shit and they send there best units.

Even an army of the strongest units I can edit in would not be strong enough!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 23, 2010, 01:35:41 pm »

Imhotep rises again!

Or something like that. I was thinking: with the current state of your military, wouldn't 50+ superhumans be enough? It may take more than one siege, but with speed and size modded I would expect them to roll through the fort.
The sigs topic:

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 23, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

would be able to take out their forces, but in all seriousness how do you think youll be able to kill her?
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 164