Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155299 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #555 on: December 05, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »

Put them in raw/objects. As the previous poster stated, only a couple of the files have actually been changed, but they are both default game files, so you'd be better off using a new copy of the game.

Gomun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »

My first camp was just annihilated by a Black Bear. My Slicer/hunter/wrestler, with a kill count of 19 deers that he had killed with his hands because he wouldnt hunt with the sword, was the first one to fall.. His death scared the bear off for a while, but some minutes later it had come back. Just strolled past my makeshift palisade, in to my little carved out sand cavern and snuffed 3 more kobolds, including my clerk. Tantrums followed and all was lost..

So far I'm loving this mod! It's so hard to survive. I was brewing booze and cooking meals to trade for copper armor. A few herbalists and a brewer/cook makes for good economy.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 10, 2010, 11:27:53 am »

I tried mixing KC with dig deeper, and my kobolds ended up running away from swarms of rabbits.
I had to kill them all in order to move around  :D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 12, 2010, 10:33:30 pm »

Just uploaded an updated version of Kobold Camp to DFFD.

40d version here and 40d16 version here

The changes are on the links but just to repost:

Updated Kobold ("Cutebold") graphics; now for most (if not all) jobs! Thanks to Lairian and Gobbo!
Added NecroRebel's Animal-hide Beddings.
Added smelter reaction for making basic anvil; three granite blocks are required! In real life, anvils were originally created with differing rock types; granite being the most dominantly used.
Added a short spear that can be created with obsidian.
Added [SLOWLEARNER] to Kobolds to increase difficulty.

There may be a few things here and there changed but I cannot recall atm.

And yes, I realize this was a bit dumb considering the new DF release is very soon but thought I'd contribute something. :P

Suggestions, comments, criticisms, ideas... all welcome; feel free to bash the anvil idea too. :)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 13, 2010, 08:00:19 am »

Awesome.
!!&!!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 13, 2010, 09:59:44 pm »

wow, slow learner makes the game interesting, a mood only sends them form no level to talented. pretty sweet. still havent been able to see how any of the smelter stuff works, and all those furnace operators and smiths keep degenerating to pesants since for some reason the masons wont answer my call.

nice work DG

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 18, 2010, 01:21:43 pm »

Could someone -please- help me figure out how to get my 'bolds to use bows?  I've tried just about everything and it never seems to work.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 18, 2010, 02:37:32 pm »

With the releases I put out, the kobolds will utilize bows. Are you using an old version in this thread or made your own modifications?

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 18, 2010, 03:37:33 pm »

I'm using an ancient version, I believe.  The first referenced in this topic, actually.  I will try out your new version tonight and enjoy some archery goodness.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 18, 2010, 08:31:03 pm »

The reason they couldn't use bows is because you cannot tell your kobolds to use the bow skill. The newer versions make bows use the crossbow skill, but I didn't like that so I made a second bow for kobolds, and that one used the crossbow skill, while the original used the bow skill. So elves don't end up being called crossbow-elves while they use bows.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #565 on: January 21, 2010, 02:19:39 pm »

I think with the ability to attack (or even go to) other settlements that should be coming in future versions, that kobolds will be a really fun race to play.  Sending someone to go kidnap some dwarves and elves or steal some weapons will let you play kobolds like the game plays kobolds (as a major pain in the ass to dwarves). 

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2010, 03:40:39 am »

Jesus these guys are stupid... I have a pond set as a water source, but they insist on going to the river to drink, even though the pond is closer. Now both my shooters have been murdered by goddamn fish and it hasn't even been a month.

Is there a way to get them to drink from the water source? And yes, the zone is active.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2010, 09:58:28 am »

I think there is a restrict water location designation somewhere. I've stumbled on it a few times. that should do the trick. I tend to stay away from rivers with bolds, since they have a hard enough time with the skeletal marmots.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2010, 03:54:34 pm »

How do i make a shooter? I want some bowbolds damnit!
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 27, 2010, 04:16:01 pm »

How do i make a shooter? I want some bowbolds damnit!
this questions been answered.. several times over.. and is really a very simple thing to do if you follow these simple steps..

1. Give a kobold a bow.

Okay you're done.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42