Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155242 times)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #585 on: February 18, 2010, 12:38:29 pm »

Quick question, I've decided my Kobolds though tribal also act like tribes of the world and have a language, now I see a language file up there, did it need symbols included? and where might the other thing (Automatic language/symbol gen?) be incase the upper translation doesn't work.

Also, if I wanted to make trap-components with stone such as the GAB,  Spikes and Serated discs, would there be a way to make it so they can only be done with sharp stones (in my case Flint and Obsidian). Or will that fall to self regulation.
(You can chisel a rough semi-disc I'm sure... would be crude and probably wouldn't last long,  and the axeblade would be similar to a stone sword I figure pound out the shape)

You could probably do it via smelter reaction, specifying whether you want it to be obsidian or flint.

also, the swords made out of obsidian are actually like these
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which is also why you need a log to make them opposed to just hammering it out. :)
Serated disks would work -wonderfully- like that, but for the spikes I'd probably suggest that you stick to just wooden ones. ;)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 18, 2010, 01:02:46 pm »

Ah I see, but the process to make the obsidian glass shards is still the same I think...   you pound it to a point using stones, trying to remember where I saw that I think it was History channel or something... or maybe I read it on Wikipedia.

Anyways, thanks for the info.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 18, 2010, 02:32:31 pm »

Ah I see, but the process to make the obsidian glass shards is still the same I think...   you pound it to a point using stones, trying to remember where I saw that I think it was History channel or something... or maybe I read it on Wikipedia.

Anyways, thanks for the info.
yes, the process is called "Knapping"
I personally added all the weapons as can stone, as I find it rather silly that you couldnt make the aztec lances, nor the simple rock club or rock hatchet.
The only thing that I didnt do, was add rock hammers, but thats because I removed hammers for myself all together to put in slingshots instead.  :D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 18, 2010, 03:58:54 pm »

question: what is a "slicer"? is that the woodcutter? also, how do i make bows? I can't seem to enable crossbow making for the construction of a Bowyer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:25:01 pm by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 18, 2010, 04:25:01 pm »

I believe Slicer is the Swordbold

Pathos

« Reply #590 on: February 18, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »

Using Dig Dwarfier:

Taking down a black dragon, which has ridiculous stats. I only started to win when I managed to get a crucible steel bolt ( off the corpse of a dark elf ) into it's head, and even then it was starting to recover towards the end ( despite having a chest full of puncture wounds ). Luckily it managed to burn up most of the dark elves surrounding me with a puff of dragonfire ( I was hiding behind a group of trees, since they don't catch fire ). I've cut out a LOT of "The shot glances away."

Black dragon stats:

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2010, 07:54:10 pm »

And now a question for the future
In Kobold camp 40d16 (YEs I know it's just a modded DF) if you accidently hit p in the param settings, how do you remove what it assumes was a saved painted mesh from the game's memory so it can actually gen worlds?

Pathos

« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2010, 08:23:48 pm »

And now a question for the future
In Kobold camp 40d16 (YEs I know it's just a modded DF) if you accidently hit p in the param settings, how do you remove what it assumes was a saved painted mesh from the game's memory so it can actually gen worlds?

I don't have a clue what one of them is, so...

Just reinstall Dwarf Fortress? =p And transfer over your graphics etc?

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 23, 2010, 12:22:59 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1891

Working raw+complete set

I made some changes, I think the original was by Beefmo but I am not certain.

Working on the graphics raw right now.

Let me know what you guys think.

(I have always pictured kobolds looking something like this http://images.elfwood.com/art/s/d/sdismukes/kobold_hero.jpg more the body type and not so much the head.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:34:16 am by Bishop36 »
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 25, 2010, 09:06:33 am »

can someone rehost mod files somewhere other than MegaUpload? megaupload is broken atm.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 25, 2010, 09:40:40 pm »

"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:23 am »

I have a story about kobold camp!

I started a camp with a butcher/leatherworker/tanner/cook, hunter, bonecarver, 2 woodcutters not skilled in axe use, and 2 carpenters. After 2 smooth months of elephant hunting and minor building my camp was starting to take shape.
    A goblin liaison had just arrived to negotiate trade prices when a group of 7 mandrills came and attacked. I recruited my hunter (who thankfully wasn't that far away) and my woodcutters and sent them into the fray to save my butcher. When the woodcutters arrived the butcher was dead and my camp had 4 mandrills inside and 3 running around.

The woodcutters both fell in short order, as did a carpenter. Then my hunter arrived, armed with 80 elephant bone arrows and a copper bow he started to fire. Now this was no ordinary kobold hunter, he has 4 elephant kills under his belt as well as 5 gibbons and 12 bonobos. (He cut one of the elephants heads off with his bow!) He killed the 4 mandrills in the camp with 5 arrows and stood guard at the entrance as the rest ran in. after he killed 2 more the last one broke his left leg and bruised most everywhere else on him.

But he wasn't done yet, he crawled after it as it went to finish my bonecarver (who was passed out with 2 red legs and a broken arm) and shot it from around 25 tiles away dead center, then vomited and passed out.

Right now the last carpenter is running around stark raving mad and my hunter and bonecarver are passed out in their beds.

LazTheGreat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2010, 02:45:32 am »

Gave this a shot...

First try, I settled a nice little camp under a hill by a river. Unfortunately, this river was infested with gar, who apparently love to kill kobold. Within a season, four of my poor kobolds were dead and two were insane.

Should've known, the river was called "Guiltbusy the Rending."

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:49 am »

and now a Map Archive of my best find yet in KC (you know you'd think since they can babysnatch ... at least I think  the can, you'd think some migration waves would have humans, dwarves or elves in em.)
Caves are for the Protobolds, time to take over human ruins!

Spongytown!

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 10, 2010, 12:31:43 pm »

so where can i download the latest version of this. I want to give it a try ;D
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42