Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155298 times)

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #570 on: January 27, 2010, 06:11:42 pm »

I think his issue is the inability for 'bolds to make bows.

Also:  Has anyone else noticed that the starting seven refuse to marry and mate?  I'm playing in a pocket world with no other Kobold civs and on an island so I don't get any trading.  So my poor little guys are doomed to die off after the first generation.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2010, 11:21:35 am »

I'm actually kinda mad at this mod's maker for not including certain professions required for making bows, or for the smelter reactions that make leather beds. Had to add those in manually.
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:00 am »

Would it be possible to add in tamed naked mole dogs as one of the items you can get when you start? I am new to DF and don't have much of a grasp on all the code stuff, but if you point me in the right direction I could probably figure it out.

Thanks and kobolds rule!

Oh and a tip if you want to give a kobold a job he can't get. Download Dwarf Therapist and after you have it up and running check off the job you want the kobold to have and click the commit changes button in the top right. They will now have that job action.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2010, 01:06:01 pm »

To have naked mole dogs on embark add [Common Domestic] tag to them. for war and hunting versions add trainable. also don't get mad at the modders who put a lot of hard work and time into a mod, its not nice and also not practical.

Yes the smelter thing was an over site, but that's the extent of it. Its an easy fix to boot.

I went through my copy added furnace operator job to the entity and added a few subterranean creatures to common domestic thanks to Bishops idea.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2010, 08:19:43 pm »

I can't figure it out after all. :-[  I did what you said but it doesn't show up on the embark screen. Maybe you could give me a copy of your .txt if it is not to much trouble?
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2010, 11:00:17 am »

Yeah, i'm also a little annoyed by the kobold caravans arriving every month.
I had goblins and kobolds at the same time, which was slightly obnoxious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2010, 10:56:22 am »

-snip-

Nevermind trying with the Furnace operator, I need to make a new world don't I...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:13:11 am by Kaelem Gaen »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 05, 2010, 02:02:39 am »

Yeah, i'm also a little annoyed by the kobold caravans arriving every month.
I had goblins and kobolds at the same time, which was slightly obnoxious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just means you only need to use the drowning trap once.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 05, 2010, 02:08:09 am »

I think I'll follow this thread.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2010, 08:04:41 pm »

I just downloaded Kobold Camp. Gen'd a new world, no parameters. Searched for a site with a river. The site it gave me had a brook (no carp!) and was heavily forested. It was also haunted. Sounded Fun.

Early game was easy, only wildlife were 3 surprisingly normal deer. Forgot about the haunted thing and started building a big wooden building with a cellar for food. Then a werewolf showed up.

Ripped my Catcher in half, then a recruit that I sent to hopefully deal with him. Two peasants were injured trying to get the guys back to the barracks before they bled to death, but luckily the Werewolf decided they weren't important and went off, allowing my trader to sneak over and grab them. Now, they and my wounded hunter (damn Cougar) are lying in the barracks, while my trader and miner try and figure out how to get a working water source from the hastily-dug moat.

I haven't had this much fun in DF for a very long time.

EDIT: My stupid Digger left a bucket in the door when I let him outside to try and get water for the wounded, then refused to dump it. The door was stuck open and the Werewolf got in and killed all the wounded guys, then ran outside into the workshop area. I was able to lock him in there, but now the Kobolds cant make weapons for a future counterattack. And I'm down to two 'bolds anyway.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:14:21 pm by Rotten »
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2010, 01:40:26 am »

You know, I can't seem to get the   new reactions to show up in my smelter.... need to check the Economic stone thing but I don't think I can get the new "reaction" raws to read into my game... i'm using 40d16 (Oh and that leather bed add-on, as far as I can tell still requires a mason to build it, and those are still out of the accepted professions, been using DT to get people to be able to build it.)
Then again I'm setting this stuff up before I get my first Migrant/trades coming up, do you have to wait for the Mason 'bolds to come in to set that stuff up usually?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2010, 01:44:07 am »

You have to make an entire new game to get new reactions. However, there's a fairly simple hack:
Copy and paste a dumb reaction like fine pewter 2. Then make one of them fine_pewter_2_backup or whatnot. Make the other one whatever you like, and it'll show up.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2010, 01:59:17 am »

This is after I've made a new world though... do they need to be in the "reaction_Standard.txt" or should  "reaction_leatherbeds.txt" still show up in the smelter (once I have leather maybe?)

but that still leaves mucking around to get the smelter to be built. unless I wait till first migration and they may come with a mason.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 18, 2010, 05:26:48 am »

This is somewhat late... but... Gobbo.

Those. Damn. Kobolds. ARE TOO CUTE!
My heart is melting!
D'aaawwwrghgah!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:53 am »

Quick question, I've decided my Kobolds though tribal also act like tribes of the world and have a language, now I see a language file up there, did it need symbols included? and where might the other thing (Automatic language/symbol gen?) be incase the upper translation doesn't work.

Also, if I wanted to make trap-components with stone such as the GAB,  Spikes and Serated discs, would there be a way to make it so they can only be done with sharp stones (in my case Flint and Obsidian). Or will that fall to self regulation.
(You can chisel a rough semi-disc I'm sure... would be crude and probably wouldn't last long,  and the axeblade would be similar to a stone sword I figure pound out the shape)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:08:11 pm by Kaelem Gaen »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42