Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Alignment - N0  (Read 1866 times)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - D0
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2024, 10:39:12 pm »

Since it looks like I'm going to end up suspended for a night, I really hope that Max doesn't vanish into the mist after N1.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2024, 11:33:49 pm »

Some thoughts I have.

1) This song fits my character so well.

2) Both Tric and Verm claim super hard to achieve wincons, the need to visit every player in the game once before any unvisited player wins or loses (with Verm having a bit more flexibility if the winner/loser dies before that closure).  They're both almost begging for alignment conversion, in a sense, since that would surely change that wincon, and Tric 'needs' it even more than Verm if all claims are true.

3) If this cult thing gets resolved without causing anyone to win or lose (that doesn't seem possible?) so that I choose to use the double action ability on someone; Verm having missed a night could be in part 'made up for' if he's the target of that.

4) CM, if you actually are the cultist you claim to hunt I'm gonna laugh so hard when this is done.

5) Tied votes are no elim.  I'm open to no-elim.  Vote count is, I think, currently:

Imp:
MaximumSpin: TricMagic
FallacyofUrist: MaximumSpin
CrystallizedMire:
TricMagic:
VermillionSkies: CrystalizedMire, FallacyofUrist, juicebox
Juicebox:
No Elimination: Imp
Yes: 

Not Voting:  VermillionSkies

There's 7 of us, so we have a tiebreaker if everyone's around, but supposedly some vote adjustment could help increase the odds of a tie.  No idea how much that would bug people, I'm super curious how the gamestate ends up as well.  But I could see myself and Verm voting to tie at 3 votes on each wagon.  I'm not sure I care enough/want to be involved enough.  Ironically, without a wounder, if there isn't a wounder, I kinda need luck or to evoke undead status, explicitly without wincon swap issues too, so if my wounder's going away we really better resolve that cult issue please.

My thoughts about no-elim are 'but the wounds?' and 'but if there's tracking or whatever other info to be learned, people who need to care probably have ways to find out other than off with heads?'.

6) Candy is yummy, but why would a cannibal refuse to consume?  If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?  Really just other players?  Could be.  Still, just a nibble?  "They say I can't keep myself from trying a bite of every plate in sight"  Sure but then why not nibble candy, oh well.

Nice confusing game, well done designing mod!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2024, 05:33:59 am »

End of Day 0

Vote Count

Imp:
MaximumSpin: TricMagic
FallacyofUrist: MaximumSpin
CrystallizedMire:
TricMagic:
VermillionSkies: CrystalizedMire, FallacyofUrist, juicebox (3)
Juicebox:
No Elimination:
Yes: Imp

Not Voting:  VermillionSkies

VermillionSkies was chosen at the end of the day. They will be removed from the game for the duration of the first night. They may take no actions and any actions targeting them will fail.

Night 0 has begun. Submit actions now.

Night 0 will end in approximately 24 hours, at 12:00 GMT Sunday 22/09/2024
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - D1
« Reply #123 on: Today at 06:47:02 am »

Start of Day 1

You leave your rooms and return to the bar. The other six patrons stare at you with open distrust, and you stare right back at them. Nothing seems to have changed. Or has it?

Vote Count

Imp:
MaximumSpin:
FallacyofUrist:
CrystallizedMire:
TricMagic: CrystalizedMire
VermillionSkies:
Juicebox:
No Elimination:
Yes:

Not Voting:  VermillionSkies, Imp, TricMagic, MaximumSpin, FallacyofUrist, Juicebox

Day 1 will end in approximately 72 hours, at 13:00 GMT Wednesday 25/09/2024

One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - N0
« Reply #124 on: Today at 08:16:44 am »

Arguments are over. Vermillion, you really shouldn't have bitten me last night. My win condition is interacting with everyone, and you just targeted me. So I don't have to keep you around for any longer.

Crystalized, used that action instead of the other just in case to keep you from voting out Vermillion, but it's no longer needed obviously.

You should know, who runs this town~ It's the dragon~~ who wears the crown~~~ Learn this Imp Kid better run and hide~ Tried to keep Skies alive now go and now you're gonna die. Take the train, next day no actions made. Stick a hand in a jar and you're gonna get fried~ I'm switching tracks, going on the attack~ gonna take what's mine and ride down the line~~ I'm the dragon~ And I know what's mine~ I sing to thee~ those who can't escape~ those already caught in~ diamonds in my wake so learn this Imp Kid~ You're gonna die~

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Today at 08:18:33 am »

I… was unable to act last night?? That’s what you voted me for???
I don’t trust you, Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Today at 08:24:19 am »

... Then who bit me. Well that backfired in typical fashion. throws off the day 1 joke.

Kinda wanted to keep the musical numbers going as a smokescreen. As is there are two people causing wounds.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Today at 09:22:23 am »

Arguments are over. Vermillion, you really shouldn't have bitten me last night. My win condition is interacting with everyone, and you just targeted me. So I don't have to keep you around for any longer.
it's Fallacy (probably)

If it's not you, Fal, fullclaim. Falclaim.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Today at 10:05:35 am »

... Then who bit me. Well that backfired in typical fashion. throws off the day 1 joke.

Kinda wanted to keep the musical numbers going as a smokescreen. As is there are two people causing wounds.

Were you specifically bitten, or were you merely Wounded?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Today at 10:11:58 am »

Were you specifically bitten, or were you merely Wounded?
Hmmmmm...
How did you know that there was a difference between bitten and merely wounded?

Imp: I suggest you refrain from talking about any status conditions you gained last night as I fear it will threaten your safety.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Today at 10:16:15 am »

Hmmmmm...
How did you know that there was a difference between bitten and merely wounded?

Because it's common sense?

Imp referenced a Wounded condition independently of biting. Therefore it stands to reason that someone can be Wounded without being bitten.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Today at 10:43:55 am »

I got bit, now wounded. Which means I need to find the person who bit me, murder them, and go on with my day. Someone used the action Bite on me, which gave the Wounded status. Crystal, I assume that means you have some knowledge of how vampires work then? Or could be a werewolf bite, but undead suggests vampire or zombie.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Today at 10:47:57 am »

So you are undead, Tric?

Interesting.

In any case, my role's incapable of doing such a thing. I used Level Up last Night.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Today at 11:19:42 am »

I really am surprised, shocked, and confused that anyone blames Vermillion for anything that happened last night.

I also note that Tric is claiming 'was bitten'.  Tric, were you specifically told you were 'bitten', instead of you gained a wound?

Maybe 3+ already.  I have a wound today too, not a bite though.

I got bit, now wounded. Which means I need to find the person who bit me, murder them, and go on with my day. Someone used the action Bite on me, which gave the Wounded status. Crystal, I assume that means you have some knowledge of how vampires work then? Or could be a werewolf bite, but undead suggests vampire or zombie.

I would prefer not to be killed for knowing this and daring to share this information.  However, I have so many ways to win that if you guys elim me today, my win could still be nearly certain because of what others are doing and appear to need to do for their wincon(s).

I do not have the undead status tag even now, and I did not act on any player this game yet except for giving red candy D0 to two people I hope can eat it and hope choose to eat it; it gives monster status and a bit of power and protection from that power.  It does not give Undead Status to those who eat it.

But I have some role info about some monsters.  Vampires are a type of monster and the only type I know about that can bite (I do not know if I know about every type of monster or if I know about every type of bite).

A vampire bite informs the target they were bitten and causes a wound.  It will cause that target to gain the role modifier [vampire] at the start of the following night unless the target was already undead status.

I have no way to prevent that transition, though I can treat a wound (and for my wincon I don't need to treat a vampire bite, because that person's about to become a monster status person anyway unless they were already undead; every type of undead I know about has both the undead status and the monster status; a non-monster undead could trip me up.... if it exists?).

But I do expect every [Vampire] to be able to double action at night, and I wonder if there's more than one type of vampire.

Whoever gains that [vampire] modifier also gains the monster status (I care about that and have other ways for players to gain it), the undead status (I don't care about that either way), double action at night, and the ability to bite, which would continue the cycle to other players and allows the [vampire] player to act during the day.  Based on my role info, [vampire] modifier does not change your alignment or your role other than to add some stuff that I am not mentioning at this time because it does not serve my wincon for it to be said, since y'all may decide to kill me because I 'know too much'.  This is not an informed minority against informed majority game.  My knowledge doesn't mean I'm evil or need you to lose, whoever you are, though it appears that the balance of results for the night and start of today means the undead cult, if it exists, is winning over our undead hunter.

If this is not the case (if undead hunter(s) haven't lost and if undead haven't already essentially 'won'), you have all day to convince me.  Otherwise I proceed with the understanding that the undead won this battle between CM and themselves, so I have no reason to stay out of that 'fight' any longer and will just follow my wincon directly.  Which doesn't mean harming/killing anyone but could mean adding a few more undead status to the game.

Someone wounded me last night.  It was not a bite, and appears to have intended to be a kill based on flavor of where and how I got the wound and timing of when I got hurt inside the flavor.

While I didn't discuss that I had protection last night, I had protection last night from death, which empowered and embolded my blabbermouthing greatly D0 and means I get to blabber D1 as well even if someone tried to kill me N0.

I win when all remaining living players have the monster status, regardless of my own condition (if I have the status or not, if I'm alive or not).  Anyone who wins, loses, or is currently dead does not matter for my wincon.

I ask those willing and able to help increase the odds of my wincon happening, even if I'm by-then dead.  I can only give monster status in helpful-to-the-target ways; I have tried to fairly and reasonably help everyone in play through both action and inaction and will continue to do so, though CM is gonna have to discuss a lot to be helpable, because I think CM either is the undead cult (well played if so) or needs to be converted if she even can be; she might have to lose.  If CM isn't the cult and cannot be converted normally, I hope CM chooses to discuss her limitations and protections because there may be a way around them to allow CM to win with the undead, but that requires either guessing/luck or CM to actually help.  Not sure what CM would choose there.

I can create a vampire.  I haven't yet; my method does not cause a bite or a wound and the person would be a vampire start of next day; I don't even have to worry about if they're already undead.  They're NOT converted alignment by what I do (and anyone they bite is also not converted alignment).  They simply gain the [vampire] modifier, the monster status and undead status, and the various other advantages of that modifier, which is long and cool.

If there's an alignment conversion, that comes from someone else messing with people with the undead status or [vampire] modifier or however else that happens.  Nothing in my role info tells me anything about that, my only clues about that come from CM's posts about it.  My questions to the mod make it clear that if there's an alignment change too that I wasn't told about, and he confirms I wasn't told about it, then that would have to come (in this game) from someone else's role forcing that otherwise bastard mechanic onto the situation.

My wincon means I don't have to care about that.  I am delighted to hear CM tell us that the vampire(s) she knows about with their alignment change also have the monster status (I wasn't sure if 'her vampires' and 'my vampires' are the same vampires at all; vampires that were not also monster status would mean extra sadness for me)

Imp: I suggest you refrain from talking about any status conditions you gained last night as I fear it will threaten your safety.

D'aww, CM 'cares about my safety'?  Nah, CM wants to surprise other targets, I'm very darn sure.  Don't worry, I protect secrets that help my wincon.  I don't think everyone knowing that CM can kill or at least wound (I was well protected last night by my role, I cannot confirm if I was explicitly wounded, or if I would have been killed) hurts my wincon.

CM, getting wounded was the only thing that happened to me last night that I didn't expect to happen and don't know how and why it happened.  If you did something else to me, it was silent or something stopped it or it was going to happen to me anyway and I got no clues that it happened because of you too.

You may want to make it clear if you did not attempt to kill or wound me last night, which people may or may not believe but is surely useful info to know.  If the rest of the stuff I expected to happen to me was in part also caused by you, that's cool, you can have those secrets (it did not involve gaining the undead status; I do not have undead status at this time).

I have plans and ideas, but this is a huge info dump.  I'll listen for a while.

Max, I'm still open to a Yes vote, in case you/someone needs that (I don't) but it looks like Verm and maybe Tric would lose if you (or most of us) leave play.  Supposedly Tric can't have targeted Verm last night; supposedly Tric loses when someone he didn't target dies/wins/loses.  Tric's voting Verm for death now?  Weird indeed.  Tric wouldn't gain 'undead status' or the [vampire] modifier by that bite he claims until the next night, which is N1 (and that's presuming it is a vamp bite of the type I have info about).  So something else happened with Tric if Tric doesn't need to prevent deaths/wins/losses for a time.  I do wonder about types of vampires different from what I know about.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Today at 11:27:41 am »

Like how Fal misinterprets things in the worst light.

As noted, my win condition needs me to target and/or be targeted by everyone. So today I need to lynch the person who used the Bite action on me. Said action gave me a Wound status, no others. None I know of anyway.

... Not sure the Vampire action would change our win condition. Do want to murder said Vampire before we end up Vampires.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10