Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Alignment - N0  (Read 1879 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - D0
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2024, 07:39:00 pm »

Hey, Crystalizedmire, What do you protect from?  Gaining the undead status tag, gaining any status tags, against alignment conversion, against death, and/or what?
My candies protect from becoming part of the cult that I fight against.
Fixing wounds is fine, I only inflict wounds as a side effect of nibbling on people.
Vermilion
I know that the cult inflicts [wound] as a side effect of recruiting people. I also know that they bite as their form of recruitment. I think Vermilion is cult leader.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2024, 07:49:02 pm »

I know that the cult inflicts [wound] as a side effect of recruiting people. I also know that they bite as their form of recruitment. I think Vermilion is cult leader.

Tell me more about how you know what you know, and I'll strongly consider voting with you. I imagine the cult could be contrary to my win condition - or at the very least, interfere with it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2024, 07:52:58 pm »

Fixing wounds is fine, I only inflict wounds as a side effect of nibbling on people.
Vermilion
I will say that I have already claimed all of my mech, and my submission, Butcher Vanity. My role is Cannibal.
Considering what you've said so far, it sounds like you're hunting a vampire cult of some sort?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2024, 08:02:36 pm »

Hey, Crystalizedmire, What do you protect from?  Gaining the undead status tag, gaining any status tags, against alignment conversion, against death, and/or what?

That's cool.

I would like one if and when you see fit to give me one; it would be awesome to know who else you give one to.

For example, if I bring back a corpse that player comes back to life but gains the undead status, as well as the monster status.  I need the player to have that monster status, I don't care a bit about the undead status.

With the way your protective candies work, if a player has eaten one, can I then res them and they would come back just without the undead status my 1-shot would otherwise inflict on them?  Would they still get the monster status (which is rather important to me)?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2024, 08:10:38 pm »

Tell me more about how you know what you know, and I'll strongly consider voting with you. I imagine the cult could be contrary to my win condition - or at the very least, interfere with it.
I do not know what their wincon is. What I do know is that
(1) they wound others as a method of recruitment
(2) they're undead
(3) they're monsters
(4) if they didn't successfully bite someone, they cannot take an action on the subsequent day
(5) they are a cult so they do change the alignment of their recruits'
Vermilion
I will say that I have already claimed all of my mech, and my submission, Butcher Vanity. My role is Cannibal.
Considering what you've said so far, it sounds like you're hunting a vampire cult of some sort?
Yes, vampire cult.
-snip-

For example, if I bring back a corpse that player comes back to life but gains the undead status, as well as the monster status.  I need the player to have that monster status, I don't care a bit about the undead status.

With the way your protective candies work, if a player has eaten one, can I then res them and they would come back just without the undead status my 1-shot would otherwise inflict on them?  Would they still get the monster status (which is rather important to me)?
My candies prevent them from becoming cultists but not undead. Sorry.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2024, 08:22:14 pm »

My candies prevent them from becoming cultists but not undead. Sorry.

So, if I understand right.

People who have 'undead status' are people you need dead before you can win, yes?

Your candies/protection do not prevent people from developing the status that means you need them dead before you can win, but would prevent the person from becoming a cultist.

Are you certain you need 'undead status' folks dead if they are not cultists?

If you have a way to separate 'undead status' from 'is in the cult/is auto inducted into the cult/does not matter for your wincon requirement' that's pretty useful in my eyes.

I don't particularly intend to side with you over the cult you say exists.  I expect to side with the winner, and figure one of you must kill the other - really I figured you're confused and are actually an undead hunter who thinks undead have to be in a cult, the status has to be contagious, whatever; your claims are very different from the role info I have about the various 1-shots I can use.  I can avoid adding new 'undead status' folks to the game while you're in it (or I can try to flood the game with more of them; neither seems especially useful to me especially before I know if you or the 'cult' would take the other out) and I figure/figured you'd chew at me until I'm dead and you're sure that didn't solve your problem (right now, my death only prevents me from using abilities that could add new undead; something I'm willing to do while alive, at least for a reasonable amount of time - but I can't be who you're looking for.  I don't have the status and I don't convert alignment).

However, if you have a way to easily sever 'undead status' from 'becomes cultist' so I can make undead that you don't have to worry about, that's fine with me, makes everything easier for me.  Probably makes things more difficult for your undead cultist, sorry whomever that is, but it's probably not worse for you to have that severed but created than it would be for it to not be created.

You and your current undead status folks have some sort of war, it seems to me.  I'll definitely support the winner, and I don't care who it is.  If I can slip out of being involved, by having candy and using those one-shots only on folks who had the chance to eat your candy, that gives me closer to 'this undead-hunter-thing is resolved' and I like that idea, if that's how it works.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2024, 08:36:03 pm »

Yes, vampire cult.
Oh.

It's 100% Fallacy.

Recently making a new friend who likes that manga paid off for me. 🤔

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2024, 10:17:02 pm »

Max, are you really going to fall for my natural aura of scummy suspicion again.

Let's not tunnel into each other constantly on Days 1 through 3 again.

VermillionSkies. Seems the most similar to CM's claim, and I'd rather not have a cult going around.

Yes, vampire cult.
Oh.

It's 100% Fallacy.

Like, jeez, I'd at least submit something more interesting than vampires.

He pulls the strings and makes them ring.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2024, 10:21:17 pm »

Max, are you really going to fall for my natural aura of scummy suspicion again.

Let's not tunnel into each other constantly on Days 1 through 3 again.

VermillionSkies. Seems the most similar to CM's claim, and I'd rather not have a cult going around.

Yes, vampire cult.
Oh.

It's 100% Fallacy.

Like, jeez, I'd at least submit something more interesting than vampires.

He pulls the strings and makes them ring.
You sure did cut off the last line of that quote...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2024, 10:23:57 pm »

... I didn't see it as relevant?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2024, 10:25:54 pm »

Don't get me wrong, you might not be a vampire cultist who turns people undead, but don't pretend you wouldn't submit one.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2024, 10:26:47 pm »

I'm gonna go ahead and vote VermilionSkies.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2024, 10:27:16 pm »

Don't get me wrong, you might not be a vampire cultist who turns people undead, but don't pretend you wouldn't submit one.

To be precise, I submitted several paragraphs of terrible mafia forum fan fiction, all ended with a single spoiler that contained 'but it was me, Dio!'.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2024, 10:28:25 pm »

FUCKING SUPERKILL CLAIMED MASONS

Bad Max. Bad. Bad. Very bad.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2024, 10:33:28 pm »

FUCKING SUPERKILL CLAIMED MASONS

Bad Max. Bad. Bad. Very bad.
you deserved it  >:(

Anyway, thank you for remembering that... you thought it was Jim, but it was really me, Max!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10