Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23369 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (4 / 9) - Day 4 - Voices
« Reply #735 on: August 17, 2022, 09:23:50 pm »

pfp: I suppose it's plausible that max had a lot of time to chat with jim in neighborchat because roden wasn't active in scumchat.
Entirely possible. The Neighbor Ability is quite obnoxious.

Hmmmm it's almost like you made the game unbearable because your ego is greater than your social skills
Well, you know me. Game recognizing game.

I mean was there any real chance you were going to come into today accusing Web or Egan
Well, I'm literally proven Town, sooooo.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 17, 2022, 09:25:11 pm »

Either way my actions every night were accounted for and Jim's weren't

Jim claimed to have a protect this whole time and instead of using it just Tracked me twice in a row and didn't give results until I claimed my targets and my targets confirmed that I visited them

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 17, 2022, 09:27:50 pm »

Not really.

webadict is basically confirmed town since he has the votes to get his way or tie.

Egan_BW is not confirmed town, but Egan_BW has solid night action back up and you haven't really done anything of note.
Jim what did you do this game

Except avoid actually posting and trying to hide your tone through letting Max talk for you

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 17, 2022, 09:28:25 pm »

Not really.

webadict is basically confirmed town since he has the votes to get his way or tie.

Egan_BW is not confirmed town, but Egan_BW has solid night action back up and you haven't really done anything of note.
Well, if Egan_BW is scum, then he's the best scum there ever was, since he could've gotten me good Yesterday, and he's pretty solidly done Town Actions.

Jim claimed to have a protect this whole time and instead of using it just Tracked me twice in a row and didn't give results until I claimed my targets and my targets confirmed that I visited them
This is true, and the only person backing him up was Maximum Spin, who was scum, so this is a solid point.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 17, 2022, 09:30:00 pm »

Whatever

Jim

Last game for awhile regardless of what happens

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 17, 2022, 09:31:37 pm »

Let me requote myself from Day 3 where I repeatedly say Maximum Spin and I cannot be a scum team together because of how much we conversed in neighbor chat,

but let me tell you,

I'd find it absolutely hilarious if town lost the game because the only person whose vote matters today refused to believe that.

Jim what did you do this game

Except avoid actually posting and trying to hide your tone through letting Max talk for you

Lynch Knightwing64 thumbsupemoji

Get ignored and condescended to on Day 3 thumbsupemoji

Have an absolutely lovely time with Maximum Spin in neighbor chat even though he was scum thumbsupemoji

Well I guess that's only two things I did that you didn't do. Well, I don't think this decision is that difficult anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 17, 2022, 09:51:03 pm »

Fair point, Jim. I'm giving you a lot of benefit of the doubt here. To me, I have to consider those chats are fake, but that's a hard thing to hear as Town. So, I'm weighting that.

I'm assuming you're pretty wracked here, but I did have an issue in that I wanted you to go after Roden or Max Yesterday, and I didn't see that. Mind answering why?

Roden: Why did you want to vote No One Yesterday?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 17, 2022, 10:04:15 pm »

Don't like voting in MYLO and I wanted to check if the hood was real.

I don't think it's particularly difficult to fake chat logs ahead of time if you're running a neighborhood fake gambit and expecting people to ask for proof.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 17, 2022, 10:11:53 pm »

Also Jim is claiming abilities that other people also have. From a balance perspective, it makes no sense for two townies to have access to extra votes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 17, 2022, 10:23:15 pm »

Jim + Roden: Which of you should we vote to make wuba lose?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 17, 2022, 10:26:22 pm »

I'm assuming you're pretty wracked here, but I did have an issue in that I wanted you to go after Roden or Max Yesterday, and I didn't see that. Mind answering why?

Two things.

1) I felt like shit. Genuinely the least pleasant illness I've experienced since contracting myyyyyyyyyyyyy corona a yearish ago. I did not have the energy for tense, protracted debates and if I did I would have been working instead.

2) I did. Go read my Day 3.

You shouted at me that you didn't even need to think about Roden after I brought him up repeatedly. Hours later, you unbelievably accuse me of not going after him.

Me going after Maximum Spin was much more muted, but I acknowledged in one of my posts that him being able to upgrade my abilities while roleblocked leaves a wide open hole in the N1 role results and I also agreed with Lenglon's reads about you/Lenglon/Egan_BW being town and therefore Maximum Spin/Roden being my POE.

But also go back to point 1 where I felt like shit and didn't have the energy or the fight to communicate these particularly effectively.

But really at the very least you should not be accusing me of not going after Roden. Because I did. And you replied that you didn't need to think about Roden. So I don't know how you reach the conclusion that I didn't go after Roden; that's entirely on your end.

Don't like voting in MYLO and I wanted to check if the hood was real.

I don't think it's particularly difficult to fake chat logs ahead of time if you're running a neighborhood fake gambit and expecting people to ask for proof.

On the one hand I didn't do anything this game, but on the other, I also pulled off the classic fake neighborhood gambit with Maximum Spin.

My laziness is selective and versatile.

Also Jim is claiming abilities that other people also have. From a balance perspective, it makes no sense for two townies to have access to extra votes.

There's lots of examples of roles with redundant abilities in BYORs.

It's weird that I discussed using the vote ability I had in neighbor chat with my confirmed scum neighbor and then the player I said I would target ends up dead. Kinda sucks for me I guess.

If I were smart instead I would've used it on my confirmed scum neighbor instead of resisting after he asked me to use it on him. Had to keep up the classic fake neighbor chat gambit though.

Jim + Roden: Which of you should we vote to make wuba lose?

I'm town, so voting me makes webadict lose unless webadict is playing far above his normal fantastic scum play.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 17, 2022, 11:06:33 pm »

God I wish I were scum here. Makes this a lot easier.

Egan, I may bias you here, but... I think I believe Jim. His reasoning is solid, and the evidence suggests that he was being used to prove Roden and Max innocent and be a fallguy when convenient.

Jim: Fair, fair. I see the problem. When you asked me about Roden, it felt like you were asking me to hunt Roden for you instead. Honestly, the question doesn't mean anything to me. What I felt about Roden is, well, it's gotta be one of Roden or Jim. It makes it hard to answer that question. Hopefully, that makes sense. It feels pretty loaded! I should've been nicer about that, though, you are right.

A lot of what Roden is saying is that his Actions are confirmed, but... Well, yeah (since Max killed every Night), though he never spoke out against Maximum Spin on the roleblock on Night 1. Jim had reason to believe it was fake, but I don't think Roden did. Roden pushes for the No Execute. Also... Max immediately votes Jim when I did. That is a very scary prospect. Max never votes there as Town, but... It's entirely possible he goes for a sudden lucky win as scum (he may see himself as caught anyway and spamming chat for a lucky Roden pop-in). Roden is also making comparative and subjective arguments, as opposed to showing Jim being maliceful and purposefully negligent. Jim is, at best, accidentally negligent, but his actions all make sense from a Town perspective. In fact, Max probably pushes him to track Roden to make the Track happen. Jim is also right that he should've used the votivate on Max.

Overall, this is a clear argumentative win by Jim.

Also, Jim did claim correctly that I was an Active carrier, and Roden tried to frame me on Day 3, where Jim absolutely pushes a Web/Egan team with Max as scum.

Anything flawed with my reasoning, Egan?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 17, 2022, 11:22:27 pm »

Saying Max killed every night is wrong because he got Roleblocked on Night 2 and the kill still happened, which is a night I had a confirmed action with my Track.

If anyone actually believes town got two extra vote abilities then yikes I guess.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 17, 2022, 11:26:16 pm »

I also have no reason to claim the Glass Lens and waste time using it instead of doing literally anything else if I'm scum.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 17, 2022, 11:28:07 pm »

Wait when did I frame you Web?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54