Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23363 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #705 on: August 16, 2022, 02:54:56 am »

You knowing put Jim at Hammer -1, while I was actively there and posting, at MYLO, because you were sure I wouldn't just win the game there and then assuming that I'm scum?

Really?
It wouldn't win you the game there and then, you'd still have to kill in the night.
I, as scum, would, frankly, never do something so brazenly stupid as quickhammer on what could be the very last day to have to get through. You'd have to be reeeeeeally dumb to do something like that when you don't know what will happen in the night that could easily ruin you on the brink of victory. I'm bold, not pointlessly self-destructive. I'm genuinely pissed that either of you think I would.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 16, 2022, 03:08:29 am »

Oh. For the record. I asked Fallacy something before I left last evening and now I finally know what was going on.

Apparently my upgrade "action" isn't actually an "action", but just a "choice" and can't be roleblocked. I don't have any "actions" because I'm supposed to be idle. So when I thought I was actioning to make an upgrade, I was actually taking no action but making a choice. Therefore, I really was roleblocked night 2, and Jim actually did receive my gift.
I have no idea whether I was roleblocked night 1. I didn't hear anything about it. But then, I heard about something I wasn't supposed to instead, so maybe someone else got the message that I was roleblocked, too.

I hope solving that mystery makes everyone happy. I'm going to go have breakfast now. I'm probably not gonna come back since you guys are just lynching me anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 16, 2022, 03:22:06 am »

Cool. That clearly solves nothing. And you didn't hunt Jim like I actually wanted. Or even vote him! C'mon!

Blame me if I'm wrong. Also, Egan, read his role for a neighbor Ability. If none exists, it has to be Jim.

Maximum Spin Maximum Spin

Web, again, please pay very close attention to what I gave you last night when you are sending in your action for the night. If you are careful with your action it will very much help tomorrow. I am currently concerned that I wasn't specific enough at the time. My request to you is not at all the same as my request to Roden, and there is a reason for that.
I goooooot it. I promise. I know exactly what you mean.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 16, 2022, 03:38:38 am »

Okay, that's hammer. I would get to processing things, but frankly it is 3:35 AM and I can't sleep in because I have work.

Suffice it to say for now that Max is dead and the game is not over. I'll process the execution this afternoon, once I've finished up with work. Sorry to make y'all wait, but I need to think of myself as well.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 16, 2022, 05:21:00 pm »

An orchestra starts! The players, frantic and accusatory, turn on one of their own.

This is what must happen.

They declare their unity and by doing so, condemn the supposed miscreant to death.

Frantic beats strike the air and cutting sheets of music fly everywhere.

Quote from: Votecount
(0) webadict:
(0) Lenglon:
(0) Roden:
(0) Egan_BW:
(4) Maximum Spin: Lenglon, Egan_BW, webadict, webadict
(0) Jim Groovester:

(1) No Execution: Roden
(2) Not Voting: Maximum Spin, Jim Groovester

4 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

One of them strikes the supposed enemy of the troupe in the heart, and blessed be you all! For he is slain.

Maximum Spin was mafia.

His smartphone flies from his hand, strikes the stage-floor, and cracks. Evil rises and flies away from the games held within.

Maximum Spin's role was idle game.

idle game(mafia):
(Auto) Incremental Blood Upgrades: This ability has a reserve of 1 Blood currently, and harvests 1 Blood every time a player dies. Once per Night, you may pay 2 Blood to upgrade any ability you can accurately name, at the end of the Night. These upgrades will improve the ability’s effectiveness in a minor, random fashion.
(Day / Auto) Incremental Gold Counter [target/self]: This ability contains 1 Gold currently, but gains 1 Gold every time you, or any player you have used Multiplayer on, are visited by any player other than yourself. If you use this ability as a Day action: spend 3 Gold to give your targeted player or yourself one of the two different Gilded abilities from the below list. A Gilded ability upgraded using Incremental Blood Upgrades will also gain an additional shot.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Night) Gilded Aegis [target]: With your golden shield, you protect your target from up to one kill or disable action used this Night. However, they do not receive any results from investigative abilities they use this Night due to the shield’s blinding glare.
-(Info) (1-Shot, Add-On) Gilded Orb: You empower one action you use with your golden orb, making it unblockable and un-redirectable. If the action you use is a kill action, the orb’s power ensures it bypasses protect-type actions. This orb’s great power allows you to use a disabled action if you pair it with this ability.
(1-Shot, Night) Multiplayer [target]: You add your target to your game - causing you to learn your target’s entire role. You also gain a private Discord chat with them.

At last, a villain has been exposed, and some desperately needed time has been bought.

Yet he cannot have been alone! The play... continues.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 will end in 24 hours time - at Wednesday, 5:30 PM. Or alternatively, when I have received all Night actions and have the time to process them.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Processing Night actions. This one shouldn't take four hours, heh.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The orchestra has taken a sinking, sad tone. It proceeds, determined to play out through these last moments.

The play, is not over. One more has fallen. Four masked players remain. One of them is a traitor.

Lenglon's body can be seen for a time before the stagehands take it away.

Lenglon was killed during the Night. Lenglon was town.

A heroine of an unlikely element - disease.

(Antihero!) (Villain!)

A loud voice is lost.

Lenglon's role was S.H.A.M.E.
S.H.A.M.E.(town):
(Auto) Outrageously Infectious: As a sapient virus specialized in chaos, you’re quite capable of spreading yourself all over the place. Whenever you visit a player and/or are visited by a player, that player gains the status “Latent Disease" if they do not already possess a “Disease” status, at the end of the Night. If they already possess “Latent Disease”, it is transformed into the “Active Disease” status, at the end of the Night. Since you are naturally aware of your own existence, you learn what players possess any “Disease” status at the start of each Day. You’re incredibly difficult to stamp out - if this ability is disabled or removed from your role, create a copy of it and add the copy to your role.
(Night) Hallucinate [target]: You whisper and smirk into your target’s mind. Compose a message - the message is sent to your target anonymously. If they currently possess a “Disease” status, you also learn if they attempted to perform only a single action this Night, and if they did, you also learn if that action was fully successful. If they currently possess the “Active Disease” status, you also disable whatever action they used until the end of the next Night after it resolves.
(1-Shot, Night) Fatal Finale - Body Breakdown [target]: You accelerate the deterioration of your target’s body. This action fails (but refunds its shot) if used on someone without a “Disease” status. If they possess a “Disease” status, transform it into the “Terminal Disease” status. This action counts as a kill action.

(Info) (Status) Latent Disease: Something grows within you. This status currently does nothing.
(Info) (Status) Active Disease: Something wracks your body. If you visit someone without a “Disease” status, or someone without a "Disease" status visits you, they gain the “Latent Disease” status immediately.
(Info) (Status) Terminal Disease: Something is destroying you from within. If you use an action, excluding the factional Mafiakill, it is permanently disabled after it resolves. If an auto ability you possess resolves its effect, it is permanently disabled after it resolves. If all your abilities are currently disabled, you die after any Day ends, after the execution.

Four voices remain, one louder than the others. Soon all this, this beautiful play, comedic and tragic... will all come to an end.

Quote from: Votecount
(0) webadict:
(0) Roden:
(0) Egan_BW:
(0) Jim Groovester:

(6) Not Voting: webadict, webadict, webadict, Roden, Egan_BW, Jim Groovester

4 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

As there are four players alive and one of them is mafia, it is now MYLO.

Day 4 starts now and will end Friday, 8 PM, Central time. Approximately 48 hours from now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (4 / 9) - Day 4 - Voices
« Reply #712 on: August 17, 2022, 08:05:04 pm »

Better start claiming now Jim and Roden. Misclaim a single thing and you're executed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 17, 2022, 08:07:36 pm »

Honestly, I should just vote Roden here for playing as poorly as possible. Everything they've done has been a combination of scummy or bad.

But, I need to check Jim, just in case.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 17, 2022, 08:08:53 pm »

Egan, don't claim anything. You're 100% cleared here, so the only thing I'll need from you is assurance that I don't get tunneled on the wrong info.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 17, 2022, 08:10:40 pm »

By the way, the first person to claim gets priority.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 17, 2022, 08:11:08 pm »

Quintuple post for lulz.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 17, 2022, 08:12:02 pm »

Alright. It should be my bed time and I have work tomorrow, so don't expect much for the next, eh, 20 hours?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 17, 2022, 08:13:24 pm »

Alright. It should be my bed time and I have work tomorrow, so don't expect much for the next, eh, 20 hours?
I don't plan on hammering without just cause, so you should be fine.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 17, 2022, 08:18:54 pm »

I protected you and gained an auto that doesn't do anything called Latent Disease.

I see that this auto is something Lenglon is responsible for through some fashion.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54