Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 30400 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2022, 09:58:37 pm »

Song so cute!

I will train agility. Getting scratched that last fight was no fun, best to avoid such ouchies if possible.
"Haha cute furry thing, u iz funee" the muscular moron guffaws watching you train "Be Bulk he train so hurty hurts no hurt."
Why do people keep saying I'm furry!?

"Hey I'm not furry!" I declare heatedly at the bulky man. It was hard to understand what else he was saying, as I continued my training.
"But u has Qte ears an, tail Bulk...BULK WANT PET CUTE ANIMAL!" you done it now, the retardbarian is set on the PET action now.

"What!? My ears are normal and I don't have a tail!" I argue as the muscle man suddenly starts approaching me. "Oh, nonononono..." I back away as fast as I can, preparing to run for my life. I am NOT going to be pet by this driveling brute!
Bulk frowns sadly "Oh sorry not-furry pur-son" he brightens slightly as he *pause for dramatic effect* gets an idea he begins moving rapidly towards you "HUG INSTEAD THEN!" Bulk rushes after MeimieFan determined to lock them in a bear hug.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2022, 02:01:12 am »

((Requesting that you state which character every player is playing, in the roster spoiler.  It would make it easier to remember who is who.  Not granting nicknames until that's done.))

Scintilla could go do something useful... but she just got a bunch of new toys!  The serious stuff can be done later.  Help them train!  Give advice, whatever pops into her head!  Generally run around and play with them, get to know all the new slaves and their names and their talents and everything--AND RIDE ON BULK'S SHOULDERS!

((And if there's any benefit at all to doing the exercise challenge, sure.  I exercise more than that every day already, might as well get a free boon.  ;P))

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2022, 02:37:13 am »

((Requesting that you state which character every player is playing, in the roster spoiler.  It would make it easier to remember who is who.  Not granting nicknames until that's done.))
Fixed.

Now they are in order with the usernames.

((And if there's any benefit at all to doing the exercise challenge, sure.  I exercise more than that every day already, might as well get a free boon.  ;P))
Nice!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2022, 04:57:31 am »

Scintilla could go do something useful... but she just got a bunch of new toys!  The serious stuff can be done later.  Help them train!  Give advice, whatever pops into her head!  Generally run around and play with them, get to know all the new slaves and their names and their talents and everything--AND RIDE ON BULK'S SHOULDERS!

Bulk happily gives the smol hooman child a piggyback ride.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2022, 08:06:10 am »

Song so cute!

I will train agility. Getting scratched that last fight was no fun, best to avoid such ouchies if possible.
"Haha cute furry thing, u iz funee" the muscular moron guffaws watching you train "Be Bulk he train so hurty hurts no hurt."
Why do people keep saying I'm furry!?

"Hey I'm not furry!" I declare heatedly at the bulky man. It was hard to understand what else he was saying, as I continued my training.
"But u has Qte ears an, tail Bulk...BULK WANT PET CUTE ANIMAL!" you done it now, the retardbarian is set on the PET action now.

"What!? My ears are normal and I don't have a tail!" I argue as the muscle man suddenly starts approaching me. "Oh, nonononono..." I back away as fast as I can, preparing to run for my life. I am NOT going to be pet by this driveling brute!
Bulk frowns sadly "Oh sorry not-furry pur-son" he brightens slightly as he *pause for dramatic effect* gets an idea he begins moving rapidly towards you "HUG INSTEAD THEN!" Bulk rushes after MeimieFan determined to lock them in a bear hug.

"N-no that won't be necessary!" I exclaim as I RUN FOR MY LIFE!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2022, 09:49:29 am »

▼▼▼▼▼

"New toys!" Your personal guards are in shock as the blond haired, cat-eared child tries to crawl onto the back of the large one. The slave-giant lifts her up for a piggyback ride on his shoulders. Scintilla scolds them to lower their weapons, but they stay close at all times. You assistant chimes in. "That one's name is Bulk." Bulk, having seen the cat ears, wonders if the human has some too. "Let's go Bulk!" The giant stomps over to the human. "No name registered for that one." The human sits, and look up at the silhouette blocking the sun. A large hand pats his head. When the giant seems surprised by not finding animal ears in the hair, the teenage boy insists they are not a Kemonomimi, getting quite irritated. Bulk frowns sadly
"Oh sorry not-furry pur-son"..."HUG INSTEAD THEN!"
"N-no that won't be necessary!"
The teenager races of, and Bulk pursues until he is stopped. The personal guards catch up from behind, ahead it's the guards from the family. "Your father forbids contact. He says you promised. You promised it won't be like last time..."

Scintilla gets a guilty, sulking face and climbs down. Bulk stomps off to train alone.

Month 2

The human is sprinting around the oval ludus grounds, with the dwarf huffing and puffing to keep up. The...gremlin? Yeah, definitely a gremlin...is getting encouragement from a trainer and Scintilla, as beads of sweat drip down their wrinkled forehead, while trying to balance as long as they can on a tall post, like those the giant and one of the two elves is on. The other elf sits in silence as they study in the library until the dinner bell rings. No one seems particularly excited, but they don't hesitate to collect at the dinning hall...

The chef's meals this month consist of slop day after day. Everyone is fed, but Bulk looks worse than just last month. The chef urges stocking up for next training season, so his talents are not wasted. "A caveman could serve this." Bulk turns with a curious, hungry look. "No offense" the English chef amends. The giant's stomach growls...

Heading off to eat something a bit more decadent, Scintilla finds the wood sculptor relaxing in the evening sun, eating grapes delicately. When asked about the swords he yawns, and says he might not be able to finish them before your first fight. "It's a coin toss I'd say. You can't rush nature!" He assures they will definitely be ready for your second fight. You then meet with the physician, who cautions against booking more than one fight, as their services will expire and will be unavailable after that. You have one more matter your assistant brings to your attention. Unfortunately, after the chef harvested some decorative plants last month, many are now dead. It's starting to look pretty drab, which doesn't reflect well on you.
As a small favor, your family will cover the increased gardening expenses on the ludus grounds to replace them. However, the favor will surely seem trivial and be forgotten, if you can manage to actually win.

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Roster (click to show/hide)

Gladiator Manager, it's time to show your family this isn't just for pretend!

You cannot spend tokens this turn.

1.8) Booking Fights
The Minor League is open and accepting new teams, you can now book up to 3 back-to-back fights. All gladiators must continue to the next one regardless of injuries, though dead gladiators can be replaced by new ones. Some fights will be different next season. The entry fee will be refunded if you win. If you retreat from a fight the patron will usually refund it if your team fought well. You will be charged at the start of the fight, so you could acquire the necessary resources from proceeding fights. If you book multiple fights, you will have to payback the entry fee of any you decide to cancel! Be careful, if you have negative...
...fortune you will be forced to liquidate assets, or even retire.
...favor you will need to appease those to whom you are indebted too. What is at stake will depend on who.
...fame, you can expect everyone to avoid helping or being associated with you. You may be forced to retire if not dealt with quickly.
...fate you will upset the Gods themselves.

Gambler's Alley is a seedy underground fighting pit. Each fight will contain at least 1 unknown opponent, and the rival manager will have 1 unknown token. While there must be a thin veneer of plausible deniability, here manager interference is pretty much expected. The crowd wants blood.

Jungle Hunt is an event put on by mostly elf politicians. They accept completely inexperienced gladiators and and the prizes are as great as the danger. The animals must first be found, and gladiators can spread out and engage in separate encounters. You keep the carcass of any animal killed. They can either be displayed to increases your fame and reveal stats in the bestiary, or can be harvested to make enchanted bone equipment. The crowd likes strategy and cooperation.

Rookie have 55 traits.
Veteran have 65 traits.

Quote from: MINOR LEAGUE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: Gladiators will be gaining reputation under which ever names they have at the end of this turn. Review 1.7, Naming Gladiators. By default you will be the "Constantine Gladiators" which has no reputation yet. Choose a new team name now to begin gaining reputation as something else.

Night Action (Gladiator Manager)
Your father has asked you write him how things are going. Write a brief letter in a PM with the title "Night Action". Make your final booking choices in this PM aswell, specify the order. When your character retires or is otherwise permanently removed from the story, your letters (and thus, all these PMs) will be revealed...

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Gladiators, make your final preparations.

Training 2/2 (IC challenge)

Choose 1 trait to train:

For Technique, Agility, or Theatrics...
Tell a joke from the perspective of your gladiator.

For Resilience, Intelligence, or Strength...
Write a journal entry from the perspective of your gladiator. PM it with your night action. Post your trait choice in the thread.

Joke/journal entry can be brief.

Night Action (Gladiators)
This may be your last night. You can make a secret prayer to the Gods in a PM with the title "Night Action". When your character dies or is otherwise permanently removed from the story, your journal (and thus, all these PMs) will be revealed...

1.9) Races, pt.3
Gremlin: A twisted descendant of hobbits, these cave dwellers have been spoiled on a diet of blind fish, found in abundance deep within mountain caverns. They appear as a decrepit hobbit with bald spots, a hunched posture and poor teeth, regardless of age, with spindly fingers and exaggerated ears and eyes. They can be obsessive over shiny and rare enchanted artifacts. Like elves, they are biologically immortal, though perhaps gained on an individual basis from magical contamination. They are difficult to civilize due to poor manners and an unbound curiosity for forbidden places. Always mischievous, any unexplainable happenings are quickly blamed on gremlin antics! -5 Theatrics, +5 Intelligence

Training continues...

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2022, 02:38:14 pm »

Resilience (Nvm techniques Bulk's got his strength.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 02:56:06 pm by Horizon »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »

Technique: Heavyweight Bulk uses his size and strength against smaller opponents, throwing them, grabbing them, bending them until they break.
Hmm, so as a combat class (Job), that might be a.. Sumo?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2022, 02:57:02 pm »

Technique: Heavyweight Bulk uses his size and strength against smaller opponents, throwing them, grabbing them, bending them until they break.
Hmm, so as a combat class (Job), that might be a.. Sumo?
Changed my action sending you a journal entry instead.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2022, 04:00:32 pm »

Bulk: "Knock Knock" Also Bulk: "Who dere?" Still Bulk: *Farts* Wow it's Bulk: "HAHAHAHA FUNEE JOKE"
xD
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2022, 04:01:54 pm »

Bulk: "Knock Knock" Also Bulk: "Who dere?" Still Bulk: *Farts* Wow it's Bulk: "HAHAHAHA FUNEE JOKE"
xD
Top quality stand-up right there, Bulk should be on TV.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2022, 07:01:16 pm »

Resilience
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2022, 07:53:50 pm »

Resilience.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2022, 08:22:20 pm »

Resilience

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2022, 03:07:54 am »

Resilience
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18