Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 30386 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2022, 03:25:44 am »

+1 Agility

Keep beating that guy with my bucket until I'm dragged off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2022, 10:38:04 am »

+1 Resilience

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, therefore if I keep getting hit I will become immortal.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2022, 01:33:38 pm »

+1 Agility
They cant do this to me I haven't experienced freedom like this in...forever! I want to be free! I WANT TO BE FREEEEE!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:40:50 pm by Fluffe9911 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2022, 08:56:46 am »

no dice magic

Chapter 1 ---{PREPARE>
(We're out of the tutorial ladies and gentlemen. It's time to find religion.)

▼▼▼▼▼

Buckets of cold soapy water are splashed again and again on the faces and bodies of the slaves. A glowing orange sword is repeatedly placed flat on skin to seer any bleeding wounds shut. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! Hurry, Hurry! Silence them, the guest are already here!"

The dungeon floor is damp. The trail of feces and bronze clay running off one of the less malnourished slaves is in stark contrast to his underlying yellowgreen skin, blending in with the rest of the lineup of frail bodies. The hostility between him and the others is palpable---some lunge against their restraints and try to bite at him. Under crude brown helmets, grimacing yellowgreen mugs flash white teeth as the guards forcefully shuffle the slaves about, separating him and a couple others from the rest. "Fight's over assholes."

Descending footsteps put the guards to attention. The teal attire distinguishes the new occupant as a representative of the auctionhouse, coming to inspect the stock. The noble steps into the space between the guards, his yellowgreen mug joining formation. "Put these ones out first, the stragglers I'm not sure we can even give away."

The selected slaves are taken away, while the rest can only wait--nude, cold, and in chains.

The representative returns, "Some girl is asking about these ones. Get them ready."

"Daddy, daddy, I want these ones!"
"T-these?"
"Yes! I saw them, they can fight! I promise, it won't be like last time. It won't be like, Teddy..."
"Okay...Happy Birthday darling!"

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Roster (click to show/hide)

Gladiator Manager, Take Charge!

1.1) House Tokens
You have 1 Fortune and 1 Fate token. Choose 2 more:
Fortune: Cold--hard--cash. Represents wealth and is usually the most flexible. Bribery may offend some though.
Favor: These can be quite potent when used long before they are needed, such as to target specific NPC characters mentioned in the narrative, or seek out certain professions or positions on your own and assist them with their problems. They will remember you.
Fate: With this token luck is on your side. There is a certain karma to things though, this token can be fickle too.
Fame: The prestige of your house is a currency all its' own. Those that respect you will be eager to please---just to be associated with you.
(Both cannot be the same.)

Family Scrutiny
You've been given many servants to help you with this task. However, this "pet project" doesn't garner much confidence from the family to hold your interest for long, thus many of your servants are only on loan. In addition, choose to borrow either a chef, or a wood sculpture.

1.2) Feeding Gladiators
It is free to gather slop to feed Gladiators with, but this leaves them hungry and weak. It is a good idea to hire a professional cook dedicated just for them, or to create some kind of food trade deal, though it may be easier(though not cheaper, in the long run) to just stock up for this season. Your family has offered to lend you a chef that will prepare a regiment of specialized meals. Going to bed with full bellies on a lean fighting diet will give a significant improvement to their capabilities. You can either borrow this chef until the end of the next fight, or take a Fortune token instead.

1.3) Arming Gladiators
Your gladiators can train in bare-handed combat as Fighters. Weapons are easier to buy or craft in bulk, but diversity is usually better in the arena. You lack connections with weapons dealers, and many wont want to be associated with an 11 year old child. You won't have much support from the family to represent you until you start winning some fights. Thanks to the wood sculptor, it is free to arm them with a wood gladius. This basic sword is a Gladiator's first training weapon in most cases. The audience frequently tosses in this type of weapon, so some training with it may quickly come into play. You can either accept the wood sculptor, who will be available long enough to carve each of your Gladiators their own wood gladius for free, or take a Favor token instead.

Of course, you can only choose 1, though you could reject both. This will likely be the last you receive any additional resources or help from the family for you hobby. If you have any competency then the earnings from victories should be sufficient to sustain it, asking for more help will be seen as proof of your ineptitude. From here on out you are on your own.

Use tokens to take action.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

A servant comes forward to collect some information.
Slaves, submit to registration and ascend to Gladiators!

1.4) What is your Race?
A. Human: The most common humanoid. They make-up the majority population of Rome and many other empires.
B. Dwarf: A stout humanoid. They were formerly persecuted by Rome for their worship of Armok, the religion is now embraced by many Romans in the land of bloodsports. Being too plump for crosses, those to be put to death often fought as Gladiators, where they earned respect and some, their freedom. Dwarves now make up a modest portion of Roman citizens. Frequently seen in roles of merchants and shop owners. -5 Agility, +5 Resilience.
C. Elf: A thin humanoid with pointy nose and ears. Often found in prominent positions in Roman society, such as philosophers, Houses nobles, and members of the Senate. They oversaw the transition away from chopped wood to grown wood as a building material. They only make up a small population of Rome, and mostly gained power and influence by being biologically immortal. They have learned to embrace and even help expand man vs beast bloodsports, though insisted on more even fights than in the past. -5 Resilience, +5 Agility.
D. Unknown: Same stats as human, for now. Can change later when clarified to something fitting your description.
E. Custom Request: No inhuman body parts like tusks, tails, horns, claws, etc.

Would you like to share anything else?
(Such as age, eye color, or hair color? Some personal history?)

Registration... (1 spot open)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 01:46:24 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2022, 09:01:41 am »

I be elf
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2022, 10:31:11 am »

Custom Race Request: Half-Giant (Big, dumb and strong.) or a Human with gigantism lol
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »

Minus Intelligence, and Bonus Strength? Sounds cool.

Also 'half-races' is a great idea.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 12:59:07 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2022, 01:08:51 pm »

I always been a elf what are you talking about?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2022, 07:42:46 pm »

Gotta be real with you all, I haven't ironed out the TRAITS purpose in battle yet. I think the final result wont be too surprising, but I figured you'd rather not wait any longer...even if it means training vaguely defined stats...but they will each be a worthwhile investment. The racial modifiers are fairly small in the longrun(if you survive) so.. don't sweat that too much.

Another thing you can opt to include is if your gladiator has any dreams or aspirations if they win their freedom(or escape). Such as to return to family, pursue a career, etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 08:00:28 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2022, 01:43:06 am »

HURGURGURGR

Translation

Good day sir.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2022, 03:26:08 am »

I be a dwarf and I've always been one, with a long beard and all!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2022, 08:57:18 am »

Unknown... they certainly ain't human.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2022, 09:25:29 am »

I iz hyoomun-- I mean, I am human. Definitely not a furry in disguise! That's my RL player race. My character's race is definitely hooman.

Additional info: My character should probably have a name. Oh well.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2022, 02:20:27 pm »

If allowed, Scintilla is an adorable little catgirl with sharp fangs.
I suppose excess body hair isn't inhuman, but a tail and cat ears pretty squarely is.

Edit: Also, fangs and claws would be natural weapons, which was the point of the limitation to avoid. If you want to suggest something else go ahead(locking thread, so PM me), for now I'll register you as "unknown".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 03:26:23 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18