Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 30403 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2022, 07:23:04 pm »

▼▼▼▼▼

The chef is offended by your offer, you are trying to outbid your own family and failing miserably. You think you hear "Spoiled brat!" muttered under their breath as they exit, but not clearly enough to be certain. Your ear twitches in agitation, then you tell your assistant to find someone else for what you're willing to pay, and they come back with someone that was probably living off the street until just now. They claim to have some experience in the kitchen though. Before you can react your assistant whispers to you, "That amount was less than the cost of ingredients." An elf wood sculptor arrives. He says all that he will need is some soil and time. He begins planting seeds. The physician inspects the gladiators, their last "fight" gave them a few bumps and bruises, but he expects them to recover fully. "They just need to be fed to put on some weight."

Month 1

The chef blew all expectations away, even though they were left with nothing to work with, they confessed to having made due with edible display plants from around the barracks. Being on the street had made them resourceful, and having access to sufficient equipment allowed them to utilize their training from before they fell on hard times. It's a trick however, they won't be able to pull off twice. It's time to go grocery shopping. The sculptor says he is not finished. It must be easy being patient when you never grow old. The physician inspects the gladiators a second time, and finds them fully fit to train. "Keep feeding them like that, and they'll be in even better shape in the future."

The guards gathered up all the captives, two elves, a dwarf, a giant, a human, and...something else, maybe. They marched everyone out to the Ludus, the gladiator training school grounds to begin.

▲▲▲▲▲

Gladiator Manager, here's your second chance!
You will be very busy scheduling fights on the next turn, you now have time to attend to what ever business you think is most urgent...

Use tokens to take action.

Note: Gladiator stat progression is locked. Assume you already have optimal trainers and equipment.

1.5) Fate Tokens
Fate Tokens represent the will of the Gods guiding your family. While these tokens will see the greatest level of success, they may also have massive unexpected impacts not just to your family, but across Rome as a whole. Principles of karma and superstition, like the Gods are reflective of the belief of the people. Some responsibilities and traditions are tied to concepts of what is lucky or just, and will have a Fate token cost to refuse them. You can do so even if you are out of Fate tokens, but you will gain negative Fate tokens casting a dark cloud over your family.

Naming Gladiators
Some of your gladiators did not register a name. All you know is their 2-letter slave ID from the auctionhouse. You can give them a nickname if you want to. Slave ID's are seen as tacky in big fights. You can also change their chosen names, though some say that is bad luck. Pay one Fate token to rename all gladiators.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Gladiators, begin your training!

1.6) These are your T.R.A.I.T.S.

Technique is a Gladiator's proficiency at their current job. There can be multiple Technique (Job) skills on an individual Gladiator.
Resilience is a Gladiator's stamina and endurance.
Agility represents a Gladiator's physical prowess and swiftness. Higher Agility often indicates quicker movements and attacks. (Priority)
Intelligence is a Gladiator's familiarity with invoking or evoking the powers of their various gods. Higher Intelligence means more frequent and potent use of magical equipment of all types. If enemy intelligence is higher, enemy stats are hidden.
Theatrics represents a Gladiator's ability to draw in the crowd. Higher Theatrics generally indicates better favor from the crowd, patrons, and more.
Strength represents a Gladiator's, well, strength. Higher Strength means they can hit harder, and with bigger things.

Training 1/2 (OOC challenge)

Choose 1 trait to train:

For Agility, Strength, or Resilience...
Do 15 minutes of exercise.
No proof. I trust you don't care.

For Theatrics, Intelligence, or Technique...
Share some real world trivia either related to hand-to-hand combat or Roman culture.
Can be brief.

1.7) Races, pt.2
Giant: Hailing from England, these larger humanoids have difficulty with many common entrances, though they are much more "domestic-sized" than true giants. Smarter due to generations of family ties with humans, they are still quite dumb. Despite being part human, they often find the smell and taste of their blood quite appealing, especially humans with roots in England. Giants that are unable to suppress their more primitive impulses are often sold into slavery, where the value of their labor is unmatched. -5 Intelligence, +5 Strength
Kemonomimi: A human-like race that have furry ears resembling cats, dogs, or some other animal. In Japan, elves have always served an honorary role as their matchmakers. This was a deal made long ago, when large fluffy eared goblin-humans sought their help to join civilization. Elve's slowly divided them into animal-themed clans based on appearance and behavior, and their bloodlines now possess their distinctive ear features. Many human marriages lessened their goblin features over the generations. Elves don't usually bother to write a will, but those that do often include a cherished Kemonomimi servant in them. -5 Strength, +5 Theatrics

Training...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:39:53 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2022, 09:07:45 pm »

Bulk work on endurance, get tough so no get hurty.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2022, 04:34:24 am »

It is time for training and I shall train agility!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2022, 05:41:03 am »

Roseheart Radio: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLXOlOC1_qIdQsq26OR_vEun66_lYpRwA

Glasses Off: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ⌐■-■

Glasses On: (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2022, 05:50:00 am »

Song so cute!

I will train agility. Getting scratched that last fight was no fun, best to avoid such ouchies if possible.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2022, 07:31:48 am »

Thanks! I added a vocaloid rendition aswell.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2022, 10:16:11 am »

Song so cute!

I will train agility. Getting scratched that last fight was no fun, best to avoid such ouchies if possible.
"Haha cute furry thing, u iz funee" the muscular moron guffaws watching you train "Be Bulk he train so hurty hurts no hurt."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2022, 01:36:52 pm »

A common tick of autism is repeated behaviors, for me this is often expressed through my repeated listening of a song for vibes. Vocaloids tend to be less grating on loop I find. I think I kind of identify with them, too.

Anyway, a yellowgreen skin edit of an animal girl I sent to Syv when I was selling the race concept.

Spoiler: Mock Kemonomimi (click to show/hide)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2022, 05:32:54 pm »

intel.

the roman legions ~1000 ad generally consisted of mecenaries.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2022, 05:58:36 pm »

intel.

the roman legions ~1000 ad generally consisted of mecenaries.
Neat.

Fixed: Uh.. stats were super scrambled there for a sec, I think due to a matrix error and mixing up similar or unnamed units. ...Fixed: Added quiz stat bonus to winner.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:48:56 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2022, 06:13:19 pm »

What is the point of being fast if you do not possess the stamina to keep it up! I shall train Resilience!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2022, 08:17:15 pm »

Song so cute!

"Haha cute furry thing, u iz funee" the muscular moron guffaws watching you train "Be Bulk he train so hurty hurts no hurt."
Why do people keep saying I'm furry!?

"Hey I'm not furry!" I declare heatedly at the bulky man. It was hard to understand what else he was saying, as I continued my training.
Ear teeth

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2022, 09:21:36 am »

Resilience

I already do more than 15 minutes of daily gremlin exercises.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2022, 10:59:33 am »

Song so cute!

"Hey I'm not furry!" I declare heatedly at the bulky man. It was hard to understand what else he was saying, as I continued my training.
"But u has Qte ears an, tail Bulk...BULK WANT PET CUTE ANIMAL!" you done it now, the retardbarian is set on the PET action now.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2022, 08:08:48 pm »

Song so cute!

"But u has Qte ears an, tail Bulk...BULK WANT PET CUTE ANIMAL!" you done it now, the retardbarian is set on the PET action now.

"What!? My ears are normal and I don't have a tail!" I argue as the muscle man suddenly starts approaching me. "Oh, nonononono..." I back away as fast as I can, preparing to run for my life. I am NOT going to be pet by this driveling brute!
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18