Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26096 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(oh it's not that I didn't have any more star gen, it's that
A. because you don't keep track of your fucking deck count I had no idea it was actually close in the fucking slightest.

and B. Ever since I made my account I have never had a worse time on Bay 12 in my life than this match from the point you played that second Tentacle Arm onwards, and it wasn't an experience I was willing to continue once the one actual hope I was given was dashed across the goddamned rocks.

Literally all you had to do was play a Tentacle Wall and a Tentacle Biome, and it was game over for me. I literally couldn't have done anything about it. At all. Period.)

calm down lol
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(oh it's not that I didn't have any more star gen, it's that
A. because you don't keep track of your fucking deck count I had no idea it was actually close in the fucking slightest.

and B. Ever since I made my account I have never had a worse time on Bay 12 in my life than this match from the point you played that second Tentacle Arm onwards, and it wasn't an experience I was willing to continue once the one actual hope I was given was dashed across the goddamned rocks.

Literally all you had to do was play a Tentacle Wall and a Tentacle Biome, and it was game over for me. I literally couldn't have done anything about it. At all. Period.)

calm down lol

(Honestly I get the point. These types of tactic are not fun to play against. Though neither is constant removal. At least with card design we can make countercards.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Another problem is like... I legitimately don't think Azazels deck was intended to be played like that. It feels like a completely different, legitimately fun to fight, and even lose against, deck, was purposefully lobotomized to make something that was designed to cause as much frustration as possible.

This wasn't a fun match, or a learning experience, I didn't even get any inspiration, and considering the reason I gave up was because I wasn't given vital information that I had no reason not to know in-character, I don't even feel like the loss was earned, neither by my lack of skill or just not having the right cards. I just feel cheated.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:16:26 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Another problem is like... I legitimately don't think Azazels deck was intended to be played like that. It feels like a completely different, legitimately fun to fight, and even lose against, deck, was purposefully lobotomized to make something that was designed to cause as much frustration as possible.)
(I removed 3 Man'o'war, and one Blooper. No other changes. The Blooper was repaleced with Pentacle, while the Man'o'Wars got a tentacle kitty, Mind Flayer, and Tentacle Wall. The Man'o'wars reduce a card's heart to 1. The blooper can take no more than two damage at a time, but has 1 attack and 5 hearts for a 1 star. I'll note Supernerd gave me the base deck. Reducing hearts to 1 would have been a bit pointless. And the blooper likewise for the cost. Might want to PM Supernerd about any further talk, though the fact I was playing it likely has something to do with the feel. And the fact I had nothing else at the beginning of the game. Just a ton of regen, kittens, and the odd card.)

(I played Mind Flayer to remove your hand, specifically so you couldn't respond. Rather than fight directly and lose to Tarrasque just killing near all my cards on arrival. Only the star mole can survive that effect among my zero star cards, and the couple of Paladins.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:17:18 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(To be honest, I legitimately had wanted to remove Tarrasque when I got Crusade, and had no intention of playing him at any point in the match. Because you see, he causes literally the exact same problem to me as he would to you. Other than the Roman Soldiers, which I only had four of, and the Fallen Paladins I only had two of, every 0 cost minion in my deck dies the second it gets played if Tarrasque is on the field.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:23:01 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(To be honest, I legitimately had wanted to remove Tarrasque when I got Crusade, and had no intention of playing him at any point in the match. Because you see, he causes literally the exact same problem to me as he does to you.)
(yikes. I am very glad my main deck has only Misumi with 1 heart. Anyway, night.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Honestly, I almost want to play Azazel next round, but I'd only be doing it to throw the game so that he doesn't win the tournament, simply because I don't feel like this win was deserved, and thus earning the holographic card is absolutely not deserved. In the end, it came down to literally not being given information I should have had access to, even from an in-universe perspective.)

(I wasn't even mad at Willow, who literally just shut down every single important card I played as soon as I played it, nor Jack, who just nuked every card I played immediately. I played up some frustration in character, but that was, well, y'know, in character.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:38:18 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Honestly, I almost want to play Azazel next round, but I'd only be doing it to throw the game so that he doesn't win, simply because I don't feel like this win was deserved, and thus earning the holographic card is absolutely not deserved. In the end, it came down to literally not being given information I should have had access to, even from an in-universe perspective.)

((You are a grown man tilting and making excuses over a fictional card game. The consequences of which are, in universe, making you better at fictional card games.

Maybe just calm down lol))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You are a grown man tilting and making excuses over a fictional card game. The consequences of which are, in universe, making you better at fictional card games.

Maybe just calm down lol))
(Ah yes, the best way to make a girl less(read: far more) angry. Make fun of them, say calm down, and then laugh. I'm sorry if I'm getting hostile but literally not talking would be more conducive to me calming down than fanning the flames like you seem to be actively trying to do)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Ah yes, the best way to make someone less(read: far more) angry, say calm down and then laugh. I'm sorry if I'm getting hostile but literally not talking would be more conducive to me calming down than fanning the flames)

((Lol calm down))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

If you feel like the reason you chose to forfeit the match is because you did not have information that you should have had in game, I am inclined to permit you to retract the concession if you want to continue the match.

I am also going to have to ask people to cease arguments about who does and does not need to calm down. There's enough ooc clutter here as it is.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you feel like the reason you chose to forfeit the match is because you did not have information that you should have had in game, I am inclined to permit you to retract the concession if you want to continue the match.

I am also going to have to ask people to cease arguments about who does and does not need to calm down. There's enough ooc clutter here as it is.
I am as well. Honestly this victory doesn't feel good to me. (Maybe check what cards you will draw ahead of time though. Just to see if you do have the answer to one last Mind Flayer. Once it goes down, that's pretty much the end of things. Well, other than my last card.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yes, you saw that right. My Ace Cards are a two card, 4 star combo that is meant to be played in a specific order. I couldn't rightly not do this.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( They're a sick freakin' combo too if you've got all the stars and opportunity for it. ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(((And so this match ends. Good luck Rulao. Even if I could Draw things. That is a heck of an end move.)))

[This is also good reason to move to season 2 for me in card creation. Which means Max Heart and the third PreCure.]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 06:33:07 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 48