Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44904 times)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2021, 11:40:02 am »

Vixen Volume Trading

If Sharky Financial Services would permit, VVT would like to have its deposit with interest withdrawn at the lastest at the start of turn 7 at a value of 4.02 Guineas

Spoiler: Vixen Volume Trading (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2021, 12:36:10 pm »

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Nearsouth Nsailor' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Nearsouth Nsailor's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Nearsouth Nsailor. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Nearsouth Nsailor to be in agreement.

-Powder and Partners

anyone wanna help me uhhhhhh buy Sand
Spoiler: Powder and Partners (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:56:35 pm by Powder Miner »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2021, 12:42:33 pm »

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Warrick' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Warrick's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Warrick. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Nearsouth Nsailor to be in agreement.

-Powder and Partners

Spoiler: Powder and Partners (click to show/hide)

Bathtub Corsairs is looking for a 0.5 Guineas loan, to be repaid as 1 Guineas in two months. Also you need a new name for the ship Powder. How about Gloria?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2021, 01:03:15 pm »

i will die on my hill of my name i tried to make clever but gave up on halfway through

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2021, 01:16:01 pm »

Might help if most of it did not reference the Warrick.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2021, 01:31:14 pm »

VVT is interested in supplying that .5 Guniea loan.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2021, 01:38:13 pm »

Well well well. Accounting time.

It has been 2 months and tehre is interest to collect and interest to pay.

Vixen volume trading:
From your wording it seems you might prefer to get the entire sum at the end rather than collect monthly? If I am mistaken, I will immediately transfer the interest of those 2 months to your accounts, otherwise I'll keep the coin for you till the end. I must however warn you that your accountant made an error: at the end you would be due 4.05 guineas, not 4.02

Rock's firm &
Wilco Ventures:

This marks 2 months of the loan. As you are now flush with cash, I suggest you start paying interest. Only another month of suspension is available, before the contract forces you. It would in my opinion be in your best interest to retain the flexibility that having no outstanding interest gives you.

With this said and done, back to talking about the bright future of our nation's business. No doubt you will want to expand your fleets or finance expeditions. And that, as everything else, costs money. But you are in luck, for I still have funds available to loan! 2 guineas, possibly even 2.5. I hear that Bathtub corsairs might be interested in a small loan, but maybe somebody else would take more money to find a new ship or maybe discover a new trade route?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2021, 01:55:58 pm »

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct: Sell 6 Units of Sand for 3 Guineas.

Pay 1 Guinea of the debt to  Sharky's financial services.

Edit: Updated to sell all sand.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 07:43:10 pm by flazeo25 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2021, 01:56:08 pm »

Might help if most of it did not reference the Warrick.
oh god oh fuck oh shit oh man
(fixing this now)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2021, 02:00:45 pm »

Vixen volume trading:
From your wording it seems you might prefer to get the entire sum at the end rather than collect monthly? If I am mistaken, I will immediately transfer the interest of those 2 months to your accounts, otherwise I'll keep the coin for you till the end. I must however warn you that your accountant made an error: at the end you would be due 4.05 guineas, not 4.02

VVT would be interested in this payment method, was not full aware it was available. Though we do have a question, if interest payments are withdrawn, what value is calculated as accruing interest?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2021, 02:04:19 pm »

VVT is interested in supplying that .5 Guniea loan.
BC is interested in taking this agreement.

Quote from: Contract
Bathtub Corsairs has taken a 0.5 Guineas loan from Vixen Volume Trading, to be repaid with 1 Guineas after the next shipment of Sand arrives via the Clarise or Nearsouth Nsailor. Bankruptcy on the Bathtub Corsair's part will annul this Contract should both ships they have Shares in be sunk and they have to be bailed out via the Crown.

Signed,
- Bathtub Corsairs
X -

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2021, 02:19:34 pm »

VVT:
Well, this payment method isn't in the initial contract, but we can amend it. As for interest withdrawing and interest accrual, my contracts always specify that interest is calculated on the initial sum, so not compounding. I find it to be easier for everyone this way. Therefore, withdrawing interest monthly or at the end would have no effect on the total sum due. While rewriting the contract, we might as well add the 7 month term you suggested. I'll write a draft below, feel free to propose other terms or wording.

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Vixen Volume Trading, agree to amend our previous contract for the loan of 3 guineas to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Vixen Volume Trading.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 5% of the initial sum, to be disbursed in a lump sum at the end of the contract. Failure to provide the full sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value. The contract lasts 7 months, with a calculated value at the end of 4.05 guineas.

In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be released either immediately or spread across the remaining duration of the contract. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
Sharky's financial services

Wilco Ventures:
Barring any early repayment clause, I am considering the excess as early interest payment. As said to VVT, interest is calculated on the initial sum by contract, so the total sum due will be the same regardless of the timing of repayment, barring further deals.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Spring, Year 1
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2021, 02:50:23 pm »

Spoiler: Junk & Crap Inc. (click to show/hide)

J&C Inc.
This letter regards all local business's and/or organisation's with a full stock of sand. We would like to invest in your stock of this resource, totalling to exactly 1 Guinea to invest.

If you are interested in an investor than please, mail this to the return address with your acceptance.

Signed:
- J&C Inc.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:39:19 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2021, 03:17:04 pm »

no

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2021, 03:28:14 pm »

ACTACTACT: sell all 4 sand I own

Repay 0.2 Guinea on interest to Sharky's financial services

Any interest in the contraction of a new ship, I have 1-1.5 Guineas to give
Spoiler: Rock's firm (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71