Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44896 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Spring, Year 1
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2021, 03:46:12 pm »

I dunno invest in sand? How?
I have updated the FAQ. It now gives basic answers explaining the core gameplay loop. I will not provide more advice than that, because Lazy Fair.

E: It occurs to me you might not understand what I mean by Lazy Fair. Lazy Fair is a mispronunciation of Laissez Faire. Laissez Faire is an economic system in which the state's role in the economy is minimal- no regulations, but no benefits either. In this game, by Lazy Fair I mean that I (the state) will not tell you how to play the game (regulate) or keep track of what you are doing (which would be a benefit (or more regulation, depending on your point of view)).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:59:51 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2021, 04:40:07 pm »

((Alrighty I updated my post.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2021, 04:45:06 pm »

anyone wanna help me uhhhhhh buy Sand
no
you can't cut back on funding!
you will regret this

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2021, 05:10:08 pm »

Just posting an update to my financial statements.

While I am here, I shall remind enterprising folks such as powder and partners that if you need coin to bootstrap your business, I have 3 guineas available to loan!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2021, 05:38:52 pm »

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Nearsouth Nsailor' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Nearsouth Nsailor's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Nearsouth Nsailor. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Nearsouth Nsailor to be in agreement.

-Powder and Partners
- 2 guineas Aywanez Enterprises
Hey, Powder Miner, you forgot to say how many guineas you are investing (it's 3 though, right?)

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2021, 05:43:32 pm »

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Nearsouth Nsailor' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Nearsouth Nsailor's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Nearsouth Nsailor. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Nearsouth Nsailor to be in agreement.

-3 guineas - Powder and Partners
-2 guineas - Aywanez Enterprises
Ah, yes, it sure is. That post was kind of a mess.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2021, 05:46:27 pm »

If fox can get back to me I'd be investing 2.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2021, 06:42:55 pm »

Blue Fish Enterprises would like to enquire about the possibility of taking out a 3g loan from Sharky's Financial Services for the purpose of investing into the Nearsouth Nsailor. We would also like to gather opinions of signing a contract to collectively invest into the Blind Goat for five guineas and sharing the resultant exclusive ownership rights.

ACTACTACT: Sell 2 sand to the market for one guinea.

Spoiler: Blue Fish Enterprises (click to show/hide)

Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2021, 06:44:16 pm »

Quote from: Contract
Bathtub Corsairs has taken a 0.5 Guineas loan from Vixen Volume Trading, to be repaid with 1 Guineas after the next shipment of Sand arrives via the Clarise or Nearsouth Nsailor. Bankruptcy on the Bathtub Corsair's part will annul this Contract should both ships they have Shares in be sunk and they have to be bailed out via the Crown.

Signed,
- Bathtub Corsairs
- Vixen Volume Trading

Above is contingent on VVT withdrawing .5 Gunieas from SFS this turn, which will be conducted shortly (likely added to this post)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 06:47:31 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2021, 07:02:23 pm »

Quote from: Contract
Bathtub Corsairs has taken a 0.5 Guineas loan from Vixen Volume Trading, to be repaid with 1 Guineas after the next shipment of Sand arrives via the Clarise or Nearsouth Nsailor. Bankruptcy on the Bathtub Corsair's part will annul this Contract should both ships they have Shares in be sunk and they have to be bailed out via the Crown.

Signed,
- Bathtub Corsairs
- Vixen Volume Trading

As this is, but hopefully it goes smoothly

: [Sell 3 units of sand to gain 1.5 Guineas.]

-3 guineas - Powder and Partners
-2 guineas - Aywanez Enterprises
-2 guineas - Bathtub Corsairs

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:50:34 am by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2021, 07:07:34 pm »

Someone sell me 1 sand for 1 ginuea. It's a bad deal for me, which means it's a good deal for you, which means you should do it.

actactact: Irresponsibly donate 2 ginnies to the fine eyepatch fellow.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2021, 07:35:08 pm »

If Bluefish Enterprise or any other willing to join in and find another 1 guinea then I'll be happy to enter in the deal.

Quote from: Quote from: Joint Blind Goat Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to donate to the ship 'Blind Goat' to help Eyepatch Odysseus explore the north. Those investors in this contract each obtain exclusive right to any potential routes discovered by this vessel. All favors from this donation are divided by how much each investor donated. Owners of this contract are forbidden from selling or giving away any potential routes from this contract without all shareholders agreement. Owners are still able to allow others to invest to ships that they themselves will also invested in to sail these routes though. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Joint Blind Goat Contract  to be in agreement.

-2 guineas - Wilco Ventures

(Also updated my previous post)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 07:43:37 pm by flazeo25 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2021, 10:31:58 pm »

ACTACTACT: [Sell 3 units of sand to gain 1.5 Guineas. Contingent on Loan going through]
I do not allow actions (towards me) that are contingent on the actions of other players. Nor, I should mention, can you pay me with hypothetical guineas- I’d recommend not signing a contract for more guineas than you own unless you want to go bankrupt should a loan not happen or whatever (guineas from selling to the market are guaranteed to exist, so no problems there)(similarly, you can pay with guineas from a signed contract- so long as the guineas actually exist).
Fortunately, I will give fair notice before processing the turn, so you shouldn’t need contingent actions.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2021, 01:34:14 am »

I'm selling my sand.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2021, 01:56:09 am »

I'm selling my sand.

I'll give you 1 guinea for 1 sand. Is deal?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71