Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44895 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2021, 01:58:56 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2021, 02:06:12 am »

Profit! Well, actually the opposite of that, but I'm sure that the fates will reveal why this was a good idea eventually. The world will tremble before the power of Emerald Robin!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2021, 03:09:34 am »

Do nothing
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2021, 03:24:54 am »

Lord Pibleton's carriage pushed slowly through the crowds of sunburnt sailors, relieved wives and excitable children, aided by the shouts of mounted servants opening a path in front.

The procession stops at a small well-built counting house, emblazoned with an artists depiction of a glorious, deep sea predator.

@AndreaAndreaAndrea: What rate would you offer for the following investment?

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Lord Pibleton, agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned, Lord Pibleton.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of [X]% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Lord Pibleton may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, Lord Pibleton may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
-
-

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2021, 08:54:07 am »

@KASHYYKASHYYKASHYYK:
I am intrigued by your proposal. I ran some numbers on it. You propose a compound interest and an indefinite investment period. I find your notice terms for withdrawal acceptable, but still due to the exponential growth potential I propose an interest rate of 4.5%, just slightly below my fixed rate terms.  You will find out that for anything but the very short term, you still come out ahead! power of compounding. I propose the following contract:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Lord Pibleton, agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned, Lord Pibleton.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 4.5% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Lord Pibleton may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, Lord Pibleton may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
- Sharky's financial services
-

@IridiumIridiumIridium:
Your proposed ivnestment is sound, I have no problem approving a loan at my standard rates. However, depending on the choices of VVT and Lord Pibleton I may not have suffcient liquidity. In the worst case, I may only be able to loan 2.5 guineas. I'll keep you updated on the availability, in case you deem 2.5 insufficient.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2021, 02:13:48 pm »

Turn 2 to 3 VVT:

Contracts Signed:
Quote from: Contract
Bathtub Corsairs has taken a 0.5 Guineas loan from Vixen Volume Trading, to be repaid with 1 Guineas after the next shipment of Sand arrives via the Clarise or Nearsouth Nsailor. Bankruptcy on the Bathtub Corsair's part will annul this Contract should both ships they have Shares in be sunk and they have to be bailed out via the Crown.

Signed,
- Bathtub Corsairs
- Vixen Volume Trading

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Vixen Volume Trading, agree to amend our previous contract for the loan of 3 guineas to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Vixen Volume Trading.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 5% of the initial sum, to be disbursed in a lump sum at the end of the contract. Interest can also be withdrawn on request. In addition to already accrued interest, an advance of up to 2 months can be withdrawn. Failure to provide the full sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value. The contract lasts 7 months, with a calculated value at the end of 4.05 guineas. .5 Guineas Will be withdrawn effective immediately out of the final owed amount.

Signed:
Vixen Volume Trading
Above is contingent on VVT withdrawing .5 Gunieas from SFS this turn.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2021, 03:00:42 pm »

Eustace 'Useless' Aberdeen Heathertonvinshire Von Mabeque Of Ulm, the first of his name, Esq.
(Referred to hereafter as Greg)

In a manner that absolutely does not bespeak a too-nosy by half and too-idle by three-quarters neighbor conspicuously planting tulips after you plant daffodils, his Not-Lordship-But-Certainly-Related-To-Something-Quite-Close-And-Really-Just-As-Good-If-You-Take-The-Time-To-Think-About-Things-Honestly 'Greg' shall arrive for a meeting with Sharky Financial services suspiciously soon after Lord Pibleton and present a contract that's a near lawsuit degree of suspiciously similar.

@AndreaAndreaAndrea:
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and 'Greg', agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas from the undersigned, 'Greg'.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 4.5% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however, 'Greg' may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, 'Greg' may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
- Eustace 'Useless' Aberdeen Heathertonvinshire Von Mabeque Of Ulm, the first of his name, Esq
-
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2021, 04:13:53 pm »

Agreed!

This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 4.5% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Lord Pibleton may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, Lord Pibleton may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
- Sharky's financial services
- Lord Pibleton

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2021, 04:57:11 pm »

Well, well well. It seems I shall risk running out of ink today.

@FOXFOXFOX
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Vixen Volume Trading, agree to amend our previous contract for the loan of 3 guineas to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Vixen Volume Trading.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 5% of the initial sum, to be disbursed in a lump sum at the end of the contract. Interest can also be withdrawn on request. In addition to already accrued interest, an advance of up to 2 months can be withdrawn. Failure to provide the full sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value. The contract lasts 7 months, with a calculated value at the end of 4.05 guineas. .5 Guineas Will be withdrawn effective immediately out of the final owed amount.

Signed:
Vixen Volume Trading
Shary's financial services

@DRAIGNEANCRAIGNEANELDNEAN
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and 'Greg', agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas from the undersigned, 'Greg'.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 4.5% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however, 'Greg' may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, 'Greg' may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
- Eustace 'Useless' Aberdeen Heathertonvinshire Von Mabeque Of Ulm, the first of his name, Esq
- Sharky's financial ventures

@IRIDIUMIRIDIUMIRIDIUM
here is a loan proposal to you
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Blue Fish Enterprises.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:26:39 pm by andrea »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Spring, Year 1
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2021, 01:26:49 am »

Spoiler: Junk & Crap Inc. (click to show/hide)

J&C Inc.
This letter regards all local business's and/or organisation's with a full stock of sand. We would like to invest in your stock of this resource, totalling to exactly 1 Guinea to invest.

If you are interested in an investor than please, mail this to the return address with your acceptance.

Signed:
- J&C Inc.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2021, 02:41:15 am »

I'm thinking of processing the turn ~24 hours from now. I will consider an extension if there is demand for one, though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:33:58 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2021, 07:51:39 am »

Quote from: Contract
Bathtub Corsairs has taken a 0.5 Guineas loan from Vixen Volume Trading, to be repaid with 1 Guineas after the next shipment of Sand arrives via the Clarise or Nearsouth Nsailor. Bankruptcy on the Bathtub Corsair's part will annul this Contract should both ships they have Shares in be sunk and they have to be bailed out via the Crown.

Signed,
- Bathtub Corsairs
- Vixen Volume Trading

As this is, but hopefully it goes smoothly

ACTACTACT: [Sell 3 units of sand to gain 1.5 Guineas.]

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Nearsouth Nsailor' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Nearsouth Nsailor's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Nearsouth Nsailor. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Nearsouth Nsailor to be in agreement.

-3 guineas - Powder and Partners
-2 guineas - Aywanez Enterprises
-2 guineas - Bathtub Corsairs

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

So, for now we need 3 Guineas to send that ship out, any takers?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Spring, Year 1
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2021, 10:48:45 am »

Spoiler: Junk & Crap Inc. (click to show/hide)

(I think this just isn't fun for me anymore)
ACTACTACT: [Forclose and return 3 Guineas to the Crown, effectively go out of business.]

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2021, 11:02:22 am »

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Blue Fish Enterprises.
This amount will incur a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 months. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause the expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-Blue Fish Enterprises
Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Nearsouth Nsailor' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Nearsouth Nsailor's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Nearsouth Nsailor. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Nearsouth Nsailor to be in agreement.

-3 guineas - Powder and Partners
-2 guineas - Aywanez Enterprises
-2 guineas - Bathtub Corsairs
-3 guineas - Blue Fish Enterprises

ACTACTACT: Purchase the Nearsouth Nsailor on behalf of the shareholders.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:07:10 am by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2021, 12:26:15 am »

Late Spring, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

Three ships depart the docks this month, all headed southwards to collect more precious sand. The Warrick and Clarisse are joined by the Nearsouth Nsailor, the pronunciation of which is an enigma left to the reader to decipher.

The Market hungers, and ravenously devours the sand sold this month. Wealthy (but not wealthy enough to finance a ship) citizens buy jars of sand to display on their mantlepiece. Glassblowers (whose profession was previously very difficult) acquire wagonloads of the stuff, and are soon churning out high-quality glassware at a previously unthinkable pace. A representative of the Queen purchases a large shipment with which to construct a 'sand-box', so that the Queen may experience the new rarity at her palace. The demand seems endless... until it isn't. Though still a highly desirable substance, some of the novelty wears off, and the price of sand declines slightly.
[17 Sand sold]

Eyepatch Odysseus gratefully accepts a donation, allowing him to finance preparations for his trip. The donor did refer to the money as ginnies, but the coins turned out to be regular Guineas, so no worries. He is still looking for donations, and still presents the offer of exclusive charts if any party donates 5 Guineas or more (the prior donation would be refunded if this happened).
Emerald Robin EEHC receives a public letter from the Queen herself, praising them for their selfless contributions. The letter mentions the possibility of a greater reward once the Blind Goat departs- assuming the donation is not refunded, of course.
[Emerald Robin EEHC receives one (1) Royal Favour. This is an early-bird bonus, and will NOT be taken away if the donation is refunded by Eyepatch.] [There will be more rewards once the ship departs]

PRICES
Sand   - 0.45 Guineas per unit (-0.05)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand

SHIPS
Clarisse  - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Spring Y1, expected to return end of Early Summer Y1
Warrick   - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Spring Y1, expected to return end of Early Summer Y1
Nearsouth Nsailor  - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Spring Y1, expected to return end of Early Summer Y1

OTHER OFFERINGS
Eyepatch Odysseus seeks donations for exploration mission North. 2 Guineas donated so far.

NEW MECHANIC: Market Volatility. Feeding the Market may lower prices, whilst starving it may cause them to rise again. Or maybe not. The Market is fickle. But generally speaking, if supply outstrips demand, the price will fall. It ain't rocket science. Demand is not a constant, mind you. It may increase over time itself, as industries expand in response to more readily available goods.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 12:46:40 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71