Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44891 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Spring, Year 1
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2021, 03:57:12 am »

Waits
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2021, 07:03:19 am »

I would be willing to buy sand coming  back from the second trip to nearsouthland, paying now. Considering I am paying way in advance, I would offer at most 1 guinea for 3 sand

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2021, 08:35:02 am »

Takes a bath in a non-existent bathtub as we Wait.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2021, 10:12:36 am »

Note that it is still possible for new folks to join the game (in fact, it is always possible), and for folks who already joined to figure out a ship-acquisition contract. The market hungers!
But if there is no activity of that sort, I will probably process the turn fairly quickly. Same time (as this update) tomorrow at the earliest.
Long Live United Forenia!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2021, 10:49:29 am »

Spoiler: Junk & Crap Inc. (click to show/hide)

Wait.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 03:34:24 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2021, 11:25:52 am »

Funds: 5 Guineas
I don't think this is correct. You haven't even signed the loan contract yet, and even if you had, it is for a single guinea. Unless I've missed something?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2021, 11:37:41 am »

Whoops, your correct.

Funds: 5 Guineas
I don't think this is correct. You haven't even signed the loan contract yet, and even if you had, it is for a single guinea. Unless I've missed something?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2021, 11:51:44 am »

Funds: 4 Guineas
Okay, so, 4 guineas would be the correct amount if you had signed the loan contract. It may seem like a formality, but usually a contract does not come into effect until it is signed by both parties.
Signing a finalised contract is also useful for bookkeeping; as is, a1s may not have realised that you accepted the contract, and could be operating under the assumption that they still have that guinea.
If this sounds like too much bureaucracy... it isn't. It's the bare minimum.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 11:56:20 am by NUKE9.13 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2021, 12:29:48 pm »

Which is a good sign bureaucracy gets overcomplicated in general.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2021, 12:42:16 pm »

as is, a1s may not have realised that you accepted the contract, and could be operating under the assumption that they still have that guinea.
I have, in fact, not realized this and assumed you are either waiting for a good time to sign (which, in all honesty, might be next turn- when the people get some returns on their investment and might loan you some of it) or just decided against it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2021, 03:34:09 pm »

Funds: 4 Guineas
Okay, so, 4 guineas would be the correct amount if you had signed the loan contract. It may seem like a formality, but usually a contract does not come into effect until it is signed by both parties.
Signing a finalised contract is also useful for bookkeeping; as is, a1s may not have realised that you accepted the contract, and could be operating under the assumption that they still have that guinea.
If this sounds like too much bureaucracy... it isn't. It's the bare minimum.
Easy fix, I'll sign at a later date.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2021, 02:45:04 am »

Mid Spring, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
A ship pulls into port- not a bulky trade ship, but a sleek caravel, perfect for exploration. The captain, Eyepatch Odysseus, announces that he intends to set out on a voyage of discovery in Early Summer. For the next two months, he will be seeking donations with which to buy supplies and refit his ship, the Blind Goat, for a trek into the unknown. He will take any donation he can get, but is also willing to grant exclusive rights to his discovery to anyone who donates at least 5 Guineas. He intends to sail North.

Anticipation builds for the imminent return of the first ships, but the price of Sand remains steady- for now.

At the very end of the month, sails are spotted on the horizon! Clarisse returns triumphant, closely followed by Warrick. The sailors have fresh tans and wild stories, but are otherwise unharmed. More importantly, the holds are full to bursting with precious, precious sand! The natives of the Nearsouthlands were happy to trade the precious bounty for Motherlands trinkets.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.5 Guineas per unit (+0)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand

SHIPS
Clarisse  - Returned end of Mid Spring Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands beginning of Late Spring Y1
Warrick   - Returned end of Mid Spring Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands beginning of Late Spring Y1

OTHER OFFERINGS
Eyepatch Odysseus seeks donations for exploration mission North.

NEW MECHANIC: Selling to the Market. Unless otherwise noted, selling goods to the Market automatically succeeds, but should still be bolded and tagged with ACTx3 (to let me keep track of how much is sold each turn). It is not currently possible to buy goods from the Market.

NEW MECHANIC: Royal Donations. The Crown is always willing to accept donations. You will receive Royal Favour in return. Currently, there is nothing to do with Royal Favour. The amount of Royal Favour received may vary depending upon the mood of the Crown (and/or how desperately it requires money).
Tag your donations with ACTx3.

NEW MECHANIC: Independent Explorers. From time to time, NPC explorers will solicit donations to fund a voyage of discovery. There are several possible benefits to donating to an explorer.
A sufficiently large donation may buy exclusive rights to the charts showing the route to newly discovered lands (only players who have access to these charts may send ships to that destination). As with ships, you can pool resources to make a larger donation, sharing the charts. Charts can be traded like anything else. In the event that multiple entities seek exclusive rights, the highest donation wins, with other donations refunded. 
Smaller donations will not buy exclusive rights, but such selfless donations to the common good will surely please the Crown, and increase the odds of the voyage succeeding. Smaller donations will be refunded if exclusive rights are bought. 
Some explorers have a direction in mind, others will allow their donors to vote on the direction they sail in- in which case the amount donated equals the weight of the vote.
Tag your donations with ACTx3. In the case of a pooled donation, only one person should announce the donation.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2021, 07:45:25 am »

Divides the Sand according to Contract, taking 3 units for BC. 3 units to go to HC LTD, and 2 units each to WV and BFE.

Hoards the 3 units for later. Vote to send the ship back immediately.
(I'm willing to buy a share in the contracted ship should any be open to this.)

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2021, 09:58:58 am »

I' taking my share of sand from the Warrick, and I'm selling it.
ACTACTACT: Sell 2 units of sand.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2021, 10:22:34 am »

Delete
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:53:33 pm by flazeo25 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71